Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Sick Little Games.

Isabella smiled, burying her face in Matt's shoulder. She giggled softly as he kissed the top of her head. It was moments so simple like this that she absolutely loved. It was these small details that made her really glad that he wasn't Alex. The way that Matt made her feel, the way he treated her, it was new. It was better than anything Alex had made her feel. He wasn't conniving, he didn't have a motive aside from making her happy. She didn't have to be more than she was or try to please him by doing anything more. He made her feel okay and content. It was like this was the relationship she'd been waiting for.

"What is it?" Matt chuckled softly, as she reached over to the pizza box to take a slice.

"What? I'm hungry."

"No. You're being more affectionate than usual."

Matt picked up on little things, like if she was more affectionate or she cuddled against him more than usual. He noticed when she was upset before she even realized it. He knew her better than anyone. He'd picked up on the fact that Isabella, when she was upset or concerned,she was this way. She sometimes just wanted to be held when the world felt like it was falling apart. If Matt held her, maybe he could hold everything together.

Isabella couldn't read his expression, but she figured it had something to do with concern, so she smiled softly. It was little signs that he picked up on that made her really happy. He was so careful, and so aware of her, her reactions, her feelings. It made her feel so happy to have someone who cared that much for her, and understood her. He seemed too good to be true, honestly.

"Don't be mad, okay?" Her voice was soft. "I went out with Alex."

Matt pursed his lips together. "You know I don't respect his intentions with you, but if you want to try to be friends with him, I won't hold you back."

"He told me he loved me... that he missed me." She sighed. "I don't want him back, and I don't think I can believe him."

The look on Matt's face was one Isabella couldn't understand, but his eyes looked darker than usual. She just curled into his side, attempting to make him feel better. He stroked her hair, letting out a soft sigh. It wasn't that he didn't trust her, but he was frustrated that Alex wasn't giving up. He just sighed, kissing her gently, not answering verbally. He didn't need to say anything sometimes, and it was a silent understanding between them. He wasn't concerned, and he knew that Alex had nothing on him.

Isabella didn't want to talk about it, she didn't want to worry him. All she wanted to do was make him realize that it didn't matter. Matt should have known that anyway, because she'd chosen him. He was the one that fixed her, saved her from the heartbreak she'd held inside. Alex may have been her first, but he wasn't her love. She had cared about him so much, but he wasn't Matt. She kissed him gently, stroking his cheek and shaking her head.

"It doesn't matter." She whispered. "I don't want Alex. I don't want anyone but you."

The brunette boy smiled. "Promise?"

"Of course, Mickey." She spoke quietly. "I promise."

Matt smiled, kissing her gently.

He didn't want to lose her or fight for her. He would do all he had to make him feel better and to make Isabella not worry. He knew that she didn't say it to worry him and that she didn't want to hurt him. It was just about honesty, and making sure that their relationship would last. Especially because he was incredible to her and she knew it. After being with someone like Alex, Matt was incredible. She adored him and he knew that. He was falling for her, and she knew that she was in the same boat.

"So what are you gonna do?" Matt asked.

"I don't know." She sighed. "But right now, I'm gonna eat some pizza."

He chuckled. "I still can't believe you put pineapple on your pizza."

"Just try it!" She giggled, feeding him a piece.

The older boy grinned as she fed him a piece, chewing and swallowing before smiling once again. He grinned, shaking his head before pressing his lips to hers. She giggled that he still tasted of pineapple and pizza but kissed him back. This boy was just so perfect she was certain.

"Okay, its good." He admitted.

------------

Isabella returned home, and her parents were waiting for her in the living room. She approached them with wide, concerned eyes, unsure what to expect before sitting across from them. Her mother looked upset while her father had a hand on her mother's knee. Isabella didn't know what to expect, so she waited silently for one of them to start speaking. She didn't know why she would be in trouble, or what could be wrong.

"Bella, what's going on with you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Honey, you missed your therapy session." Her mother sighed. "Where were you?"

"I... I fell asleep at Matt's." She blushed, not looking either of them in the eyes. It wasn't intentional, but she knew it was against her parents rules. She hadn't meant to fall asleep at Matt's, but they'd fallen asleep during "the Princess Diaries." She didn't even realize they'd fallen asleep until they'd woken up and the clock said it was noon already. She knew that her parents approved of Matt, but that was definitely something they would frown upon.

"Isabella-"

"It wasn't Matt's fault. It was mine, and I should have asked him to take me home, but I didn't. I know it was a mistake, and I take full responsibility."

"You're really serious about him, aren't you?" Her mother asked quietly.

"I think I'm really falling for him."

"Iz," Her father sighed. "I don't want you to get hurt again."

"Matt's not like that." She spoke. "I trust him."

Neither parent spoke, they just glanced at each other. Their daughter was finally having some sort of normalcy in her life, but they couldn't help but be overbearing. Isabella was special; she wasn't like other girls. All they wanted was to make sure that Matt deserved her. Sure, they'd met Matt, but he wasn't their perfect choice. He played in a band, had a lip ring and gauged ears, and even though he was a nice boy, he didn't have a steady income. He didn't go to college, and he didn't have any sort of real game plan to his life.

They couldn't let their daughter waste her life away with some boy who was going nowhere. But Isabella was becoming more independent, and she was going to make her own decisions. Sure, she was quickly growing up and soon she'd be a legal adult, but that didn't mean they would stop caring.

She was too smart to spend her time with someone who didn't deserve her. She had specific interests and tended to go on rants about the things she was preoccupied about. She didn't understand her relationships with other people, so how could she understand being in a relationship with Matt? She'd already faced all sorts of problems by being with Alex, how was this boy different?

"He understands me." Isabella explained. "He cares about me, and he's careful. He knows that I'm... not like other girls."

"Isabella, don't you think that maybe you aren't being realistic. Hoe can Matt know any better or be any different?"

"Because, Matt would never hurt me. He healed my broken heart when Alex broke me."

Neither of her parents seemed convinced, but she didn't know what else she could say. She didn't want to fight, but she was never going to let her parents talk badly about Matt. She understood their concern, and she wanted to convince them that Matt was different. They'd met him and approved of him, so what else could she do?

"I really care about him, and I don't think that you understand that."

It wasn't often that Isabella got upset, but sometimes she didn't feel heard. Her parents were so worried about her that they didn't understand that she was finally okay. All she wanted was for her parents to realize that she was finally okay. Matt was everything she wanted, and he was what she needed right now. No one had been able to understand her like he had. He cared, was patient and aware of her condition. He didn't care that she had Asperger's or that she wasn't "normal." He was everything she'd ever wanted and she was convinced of it. Her parents just didn't understand.

"So you two are very serious?"

"Yes." She spoke. "We are."

More than anything, she was saddened by her parents reaction. How had they adored Alex when he had taken her virginity and yet not approved of Matt who was probably the nicest boy she'd ever known? Her parents were concerned with image, of course, but Matt wasn't how he looked. He might have looked tough, but he was just as sensitive as she was. He was sweet, kind and caring to her. He seemed to always be aware of things, whether they bothered her or enticed her. She just wished that her parents could see him the way that she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
My darlings, I started a new story that I'm really excited about it. Please check it out?
Stephen Gomez?

Comments please?