Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Sirens.

The boy didn't want to talk about his brother anymore. What healing was going to come from it? Daniel had killed himself months ago, and it was all of Alex's fault. They had gotten into a fight, and their last words at each other had been really hurtful.

Now, Dan was the last thing he wanted to talk about. Especially when his psychologist had a very, very pretty daughter... Isabella was the only thing he was interested in now.

If there was anything that Alex would use as healing, it was a naive girl like Isabella. He liked girls like those best, anyway. It provided him more of a challenge. He couldn't win her over as easily. He needed to gain her trust, and befriend her before things could get serious.

But he wasn't about to let her parents know his intentions. He just wanted her to come out with him... meet his friends, and see if they saw in her what he did. It was going to take a while to win over Isabella, he knew that, so he was going to have fun with it while he could.

"Alex, I don't think its such a good idea..." Mrs. Randall spoke as the boy sat before her.

"Why not?" The teenage boy spoke quietly. "She said she doesn't really hang out with anyone, and I... I just thought that she could-"

"I appreciate your concern, Alex, but Isabella... she's not like other girls. I-its not a good idea for her."

"Please? I promise, I'll make sure she has a great time, and nothing bad will happen."

The psychiatrist sighed, closing her notebook. "Alright. Just have her back for ten."

"I will."

Isabella, who'd been eavesdropping on the whole conversation, smiled. Alex seemed like a nice boy, and he seemed genuinely interested in getting to know her. Hoping not to be found out, she rushed into the kitchen, seating herself at the bar and picking up the book she'd left there earlier.

Alex seemed nice, and he didn't think she was strange. He spoke to her differently than her parents did. After so long of only being around her parents, it was nice to have someone her own age. If she couldn't have Travis, then maybe Alex could become a new friend to her.

She wasn't really reading. Her eyes just glanced at the page, waiting for one of her parents or Alex to interrupt it. It came sooner than she thought because a throat cleared, causing her to look up from the pages.

There Alex stood with a smile on his face.

"So Alex has convinced your father and I... that maybe spending some time with kids your own age is a good idea."

Isabella didn't say anything, just pushed her book away and smiled.

"I think you'll like my friends." The boy smiled softly.

"O-okay." She spoke, unsure what else she could say.

"Maybe it'll be nice for you to meet some kids your own age." Her mother spoke.

Isabella nodded, standing up and smoothing out her dress.

"So, why do your parents homeschool you?"

"T-They just think its easier that way." Isabella spoke quietly, glancing at the silver car. "I'm n-not very good with people."

Alex smiled softly. "I don't think that's true."

The girl didn't respond.

"I think that you just haven't really had the chance to interact with people your own age."

She bit her lip.

"Get in the car." He offered, with a soft smile.

Isabella did so silently, buckling her seat belt as soon as she shut the car door. Her parents always said that the first thing you do when you get in the car was to buckle up. She sat straighter, pulling the seatbelt so it was snug against her, before glancing over at Alex.

He didn't even have his seatbelt on as he turned the car on.

"Aren't you going to b-buckle up?" She asked quietly, glancing at him.

Alex chuckled, nodding his head and putting his seatbelt on before moving his hand to the gearshift and putting the car into reverse to back out of her driveway.

The girl turned to face out the window. She liked watching things pass. For so long, she had been locked up in her house. Now seeing everything felt so new.

It felt as if everything she was seeing were sights she'd never known before. Maybe she hadn't really gotten to experience things before. Maybe now having Alex around was a good idea... Maybe he would introduce her to things she'd never known before.

"Isabella?"

"Yes?"

"I don't understand..." He glanced at her. "They seem really protective over you."

"I guess."

"Do you... do you get out much?"

"I like spending time at home... I get to swing whenever I want... Mom and Dad let me read as much as I want and-"

"Don't you get lonely though?"

"I've never really thought much about it, to be honest."

"My friends will love you, don't worry."

Isabella wasn't really nervous, but it was mostly because she didn't know what she was in for.
She stood behind Alex as they got to the diner. She was a little nervous after all.

She didn't know what she was in for or what his friends would be like, but hopefully, they'd be nice. She worried that they wouldn't like her. Maybe they'd leave just like Travis had.

There were three other boys and a brunette at the booth when Alex and Isabella approached. She bit her lip, still holding onto Alex as they got closer. He smiled softly, squeezing her hand for support.

One of the boys shouted to Alex and soon a body was flung towards him.

"Jack, back off."

Jack, a tall boy with black and blonde hair, let go of Alex and his brown eyes fell on Isabella. He stared at her for a minute before his arms wrapped around her next. She hugged him back awkwardly, before Alex broke them apart.

"Izzy, this is Jack. I'm sorry in advance." Alex chuckled. "Jack, this is Isabella Randall."

"Randall? She's the shrink's daughter?!"

"She's cool." Alex spoke. "Iz, these are my friends - Rian, Kara and Zack...."

The girl brought her hand up in a small wave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?

Check out my other stories if you're interested:
Garrett Nickelsen
Jordan Witzigreuter
Alex Gaskarth sequel
The Maine