Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Damned If I Do Ya, Damned If I Don't

It was like everything was in slow motion, each touch, each caress. Isabella knew that she still had some doubts about Alex, but she couldn't deny the electricity she felt whenever he touched her. She saw sincerity in his honey eyes and even though it hurt to think that she was going to break Matt's heart, she had to see this through. Alex kissed her softly, murmuring words of encouragement and love as he explored every inch of her petite form. The blonde sighed, unable to deny that she wanted this. Alex was making her feel dizzy, and something in between her legs feel as if it was on fire.

"This is okay?" Alex asked quietly, kissing her right wrist as he positioned himself above her.

Isabella didn't respond verbally, she just reached out for him, clutching him close to her. She had a feeling it would hurt, but it wasn't really the physical pain she considered. This whole situation was a loaded gun. Hurting Matt, letting Alex back into her life. It was all almost unsettling. She felt like she was letting everyone down. To think that Alex had walked all over her and now she was forgiving him. He had raped her and humiliated her, but she took hm back with open arms. It was probably sick to think about this as they were in the most intimate act, but Isabella couldn't stop. She felt dirty just thinking about it.

"STOP." She spoke, looking up at him.

Alex stopped mid-thrust staring down at her. He didn't looked pissed off, but rather concerned. He didn't move, waiting for her to give him the go-ahead, or to explain what was going on. Isabella looked like a scared kitten as she lay beneath him, shaking her head. She sighed, biting her lower lip.

"Alex, I'm sorry. I can't."

He sighed, pulling out of her. "I knew it was too soon..."

"I need time to think. About you, about Matt... This is too confusing."

He sighed, cursing to himself, but got dressed and tried to act as if he was okay with her decision. He understood and he respected it, but he was only a man. She looked so broken and lost, but she didn't want him to fix her and so he left. He felt guilty and disgusted with himself for hurting her again. Alex couldn't figure out what Isabella wanted or how to give it to her. He didn't know why she was being so difficult or why he wasn't able to give her what she needed. The truth was that he had ruined her and even if he pieced her back together, it wasn't the same.

"Iz, you can tell me, you know... if you're choosing him."

She sighed, pulling her underwear back on. "Its not that."

The brunette tugged his hoodie on before stepping closer to the smaller girl. Isabella was like a china doll, and he hadn't been delicate with her. She was fractured and no longer perfect. Alex had left his marks on her whether it was consensual or not. Isabella wasn't angry anymore though. She had tried so hard to hate him, to be disgusted, to find him vile, but that wasn't the truth at all. In fact, Alex kind of made her feel giddy and free. He made her skin all clammy and her heartbeat quicken. She knew that she shouldn't have these reactions to him, but it seemed that her conscience didn't agree with her heart.

"I should probably be repulsed." She spoke quietly. "I tried... I tried so hard to hate you."

He didn't say anything, just placed a hand under her chin and raised her face to look at him.

"I don't hate you at all. Not one bit. Because I think that I wanted to give my virginity to you... and even if it happened the way it did, it doesn't change that I gave it to you..."

Alex sighed, unsure how to react, so he did what he thought would be appropriate, kissing her. He was gentle, afraid of moving too fast or going beyond what Isabella would let. Her guard was still up, and he knew that even if it seemed like she had forgiven him, he wasn't sure she actually had. He had really messed up and he wasn't getting out of it that easily. He broke the kiss, pressing his forehead against hers.

"I love you." He whispered.

"Say it again."

He looked her in the eye. "I love you, Iz."

"I want to believe you." She spoke quietly.

"And you can."

She shook her head. "I don't know."

He sighed, stroking her cheek delicately. "I guess I should go."

"I think that'd be best." The girl spoke, grabbing her Minnie and clutching her close.

The boy looked at her with soft eyes. She looked like such a child, her eyes wide and fearful, her lip trembling, and clutching a stuffed animal. Her small frame didn't help either. He sighed, biding her farewell and leaving her bedroom without another word. He had fucked up royally, but somehow he'd have to prove that he was actually worthy.

------------

Kara sighed, dropping her slice of pizza as she sat on Isabella's bed. "Oh, come on, Izzy."

The two of them only using 'My Best Friend's Wedding' as background noise. She couldn't believe what a soap opera her friend's life had become. The love triangle she was hearing about seemed better than any scripted drama, all she wanted to do was sit with some popcorn and watch it unfold. Isabella seemed totally embarrassed and annoyed. She didn't know whether to trust her heart or her head as the two were conflicting greatly. The brunette didn't know what to tell her friend, after what Alex had done, after Matt had fixed her. Kara wanted to tell Isabella to choose Matt, but then she had second thoughts.

"This isn't exactly something i can flip a coin over." The younger girl sighed.

"Isn't it like the ultimate dream though? Two guys fighting over you?" Kara added with a smirk.

"Its not my ultimate dream. I kind of always dreamed of going to the Willy Wonka factory... I mean, like the movie, I'm not so sure its quite the same in real life."

The older girl smiled, not knowing what to say to her naive friend.

"Maybe I don't... I don't know, maybe I don't belong in a relationship." Isabella sighed. "This is too complicated."

Kara frowned.

"God, I am getting too involved."

"How could you not?"

She sighed, running a hand through her hair. Isabella didn't have the answers, but she knew that she couldn't figure it out like this. She needed to stop listening to everyone around her and take the time to listen to herself. She had to hear her heart in order to be able to make sense of things. She thought she knew what she wanted, but that didn't mean she actually did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long overdue and a bit short but I've been uninspired and the lack of comments upset me. But I'm back and I want to know what you'd do if you were Isabella.