*** Mouse

Apple Core

Slowly I chewed the remaining bits of the cheese. I held it in my paws like it was the most precious thing in the world. I looked up quickly just to find my only companion Wrinkle sitting on the green carpeted floor with his disgusting tongue hanging out.

"Wink, what the hell do you think you're doing? I need my cheese, and here you are just sitting like a cliche with your tongue slurping the air. We have a mission to do."

"Correction: You have a mission to do, Lars. I'm your sniff man, your partner in crime, your butter to the toast, your---"

I scowled at him. "Wink, you disgust me. You fucking repulsive creature. Get the hell out of my room and get me some more damn cheese!"

Wink pawed at the floor with his head down. "Whatever you say, boss."

"That's better." I crawled back into my hole, where I kept small pieces of fabric and little bits of food scraps that Wink usually got from whoever the hell lived here. I was like a nomad; I roamed wherever I wanted to. And I usually ended up with more food and blood than I could even handle.

I scurried to my small cotton bed and curled up on top of it. The world seemed pretty awful right now, but as soon as I got my paws on the next victim it would be alright.

*****

I hopped up onto the counter top, pleading for this gorgeous girl not to see me. Her beautiful red locks sparkled in the light from the window to my left and I couldn't take my eyes off of them. She looked so amazing right now.

Every Thursday morning, sometimes Friday mornings if I worked late on Wednesday (and that meant I needed extra sleep to get some energy for my next victim), I would come to see this girl. Her name was Annie, and she was the most gorgeous redhead human I had ever seen in my entire life.

Right now she was swaying to the latest music, Elvis Presley. Her skirt was getting shorter and shorter. It was almost to her knees now. She was a womans' rights activist and if she wasn't at home she was out in the open holding a protest. Of course I never actually went out there, for fear of being squished or found.

Oh boy, if I was found, that would be awful news.

They would know who was going to kill Rick, and who had slaughtered many men before. I never killed a woman, only because of Annie. She was my inspiration for these types of things. Anyway, I was the only real man for her. Not Rick, not anybody else. Me.

"Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
I'll be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time."


Annie swayed and swayed, until suddenly she fell to the ground, tears covering her face. What was wrong? I couldn't tell from where I was standing.

Cautiously I ran to hide behind the cookie jar, finally getting a better look. Annie was starting to examine her foot, watching as the blood spread all over the floor. Why wasn't she doing anything about it? Didn't she understand how much I wanted to help her?

God, how I loved this lady.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter.
Comments?
Likes, dislikes?
<3