Status: Comments inspire me to write more :)

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Without a Word



(Audrey's POV)
Today was the day that I was going to end it with Harry...for Brian. As I quietly dressed before leaving the bedroom it felt like butterflies were in my stomach, I looked over at Brian and softly smiled. I knew what I had to do, so I slipped my feet into my Gucci pumps and left with good intentions.

(3rd Person POV)
Brian woke up and Audrey was gone. The previous night they went to Audrey's bedroom to get some sleep, and at 9am when Brian awoke, Audrey was gone. She left a note that said "be back soon."
Harry picked her up at the hotel at around 8:30am, they still had their "date" at the Palace. Brian sighed as he held the ripped piece of looseleaf in his hand that had Audrey's left-handed scrawl on it. He got up and got dressed and left the suite.
~
(Audrey)
In the lobby I avoided Nikki, fearing he'd give me a good lecturing, but I saw Harry coming into the lobby. I'm not gonna lie, everytime I see him he makes my heart beat ten times faster...but I had a job to do.
"Hello my dear, you look as beautiful as always." He smiled, as always he took my hand in his and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I blushed and turned away.

"Harry I need to talk to you." I said in a meloncholly tone.

His expression changed, he probably knew what I wanted to say next.

"Let's talk in the car." He half-smiled. He continued to hold my had and led me to the car. He had asked the driver for some privacy, so he stepped out for the moment.

"Audrey, I know what you're going to say, but first let me tell you that i've never had such a connection with someone as much as I've had with you. I like you very much and I want you to please just wait before telling me to leave. I love you and I'd like you to spend this day with me, if it is not enough and you have not changed your mind, then I will respect your decision. I love you Audrey, most ardently. Please just give me today."

He loved me. I smiled and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.
"I love you too Harry and I don't want to hurt you, but i do want to spend this day with you, if you'll have me." I held his arm and rested my head on his shoulder.
~
Meeting the Queen and the rest of his family could not me anymore of a disaster. Not in the sense of me pulling a Mr. Bean and knocking out the Queen, but it was just plain awkward. His cousin's had come to visit the Granny and Papa of England, so I ended up meeting his brother William and Will's girlfriend Kate -who I must say was a very lovely person to talk with-, and his friendly cousins Peter and Zara, and Peter's wife Autumn. And his not so friendly cousins, Beatrice and Eugenie. I had then met the "head" monarchs, Elizabeth and Philip, and Charles and his wife Camilla. So basically, it was alot to take in. Lunch was probably the worst. Not meal-wise, but more-so intimidation-wise. There were a million forks, a million spoons, and two knives. Beatrice and Eugenie "quietly" snickered and laughed at me.Conversation was awkward too. The Queen had asked me about my childhood and my family; What was I supposed to say? Oh I was born in Aberdeen, Washington and lived in a dumpy apartment in Olympia as a toddler. Then when i was 8, my dad killed myself. I was placed in a loony bin, and here I am today." Not exactly a tall-tale, but it's honest. I didn't actually say that, I had just told her about the Versace's, the Cobain's, where i went to school -notably attending Julliard- and that's it. But modest conversation was not an attribute of mine, hence the conversation on the bus with Behati (chapter 9), so Elizabeth and Philip probably thought of me as a vulgar heathen. Politics were a touchy topic with Philip, I defended Obama whilst making the error of calling Czech by it's former name, Czechoslovakia. The talk of hunting bored me to tears, but I found that talking with William and Kate, and Peter and Zara and Autumn was much easier. With the men we could talk about fast cars and thee places to hits the slopes or catch the best waves. With the ladies we could talk about the latest fashion and the latest episodes of Glee.
~
The evening was getting late, dark had covered the sky but with the exception of brightly shining stars. harry and I were in the talks of leaving the palace, but my stay remained a little longer. A servant came and told me that the Queen wanted to have a word with me. Silently I was hesitant, but to please Harry I agreed and went with the servant. I quietly entered the room.

"Please have a seat." She said.
The room was dark, a fire was going in the fireplace, that was were she stood. I sat on the Victorian loveseat.

"I won't start off dabbling, I will just get to it. Harry only dates for one reason." She said. She turned and looked at me, perhaps expecting an argumentive reply.
I didn't say anything.

She continued, "He only dates for the means of marriage."

I looked up at her, "Marriage?"

"If you could only hear all the great things he says about you. He talks of you all the time." She half-smiled.
I remained silent.

"I would agree with him. You come from a prosperous family, you yourself are an heiress. But that's only on your mother's side..."

"My father's side ruins it doesn't it?" I finally spoke.

"The world would expose you." She said.

"You mean my past would expose me." I looked down.

She gave me a sincere look.

"I have to tell you something. Before I came here, being the grandaughter of a fshion great, the only thing I was concerned about today, was how I would dress. Being the daughter and step-daughter of two of the craziest rockstars, I also kind of fussed about my manners and my habitual slang. I think of it now, and people who would be meeting you for the first time would be going insane. They would worry about everything. And perhaps I should have been like those people, but I'm not. Maybe fussing over what I'd wear showed the more shallow side of me. To be completely honest, I don't care that I'm an heiress or a celebrity. Even if I was not. I would be content just as long as I had happiness, and happiness to me is love. All kinds of love. Love as in marriage. Love as in having children and smothering them with a motherly love. Love as in being with your bestfriend and making those memories. I know I'm not an ideal daughter-in-law or granddaughter-in-law. I've been engaged once before and broke it off the day before the wedding. You and my mother are alike in the sense of wanting the best for your children. You want potential, you thee best. Someone who isn't common. I know I'm not what you expected, but then again I've never really been what anyone has expected. But Harry haas seen the otherside of me that no one has ever seen...since my dad died, for years I had built up this wall of grief and hurting and pain and anger...I guess you could say that I've been in a way self-absorbed. It didn't even occur to me that Harry understands how I feel, how it is to lose someone so dear to your heart. I love my dad, more than anyone will ever know, and Harry loves his mum in the same way. Harry has helped me see that I don't need to hide, that I don't need to put up a front. That I don't need to have everything together every moment of everyday. He loves me and I love him. You and your grandson may have different ideas on what is best, but if you want me to leave then I will. I'll end it before it gets too serious, just tell me what you want."

"Leave." She looked away.

"Okay." I whispered. I stood up and left.

~

Harry walked me to the lobby doors, everyone was in the lobby. He looked at me for a while. Looking into my eyes as I looked into his. He held my hands in his and knelt down, without a word, he kissed each hand. He stood up and gently placed his hand on my cheek and softly kissed my forehead. He looked back at me with a gentle smile, and without a word, he left.
-Cue music "The Great Escape"-
Just like that he left. Just like that I could feel the emptiness in my heart. Just like that, I could feel reality sinking in. I slowly turned and entered the lobby. Everyone was silent. Everyone knew about me and Harry. Everyone knew my heartache. My body was numb, I was in shock. I walked past everyone and stopped in front of Brian.

"I did it." I quietly said to him.

He just stared at me. The Queen didn't want me, my boyfriend didn't want me. I furrowed my brow, he didn't say anything to me. I was confused. I was hurt. I looked away and backed up. I walked away to the elevator.
It was the longest elevator ride ever. I stood alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!! school has taken my soul along with my writings.
hope you enjoy this.
Please comment, and if you have any suggestions as to make this a better story, please let me know :)

and here's Audrey's outfit: The breakup outfit