Status: Comments inspire me to write more :)

Love Will Tear Us Apart

I Want to Hold Your Hand



(The same night)
I knocked on Brian's door. He didn't answer, but i knew he was there.

"Brian why won't you talk to me? I broke up with Harry."

There was no answer, but I knew he was standing at the door, I could see his shadow under the door.
"I love you, please don't be mad at me." I put my hand on the door, then left.

(In Brian's life-Omniscient POV)

He opened the door with hope that she'd still be there, his heart racing, feeling an intense amount of love and guilt. He threw open the door, but she already gone. All that was left of her was a folded paper taped to the door. He took it off with disppointment. He was expecing it to be a "Dear John" letter. He went inside and sat on his bed and unfolded the note. It wasn't a breakup letter, it was song lyrics.

Brian
I just want you to understand how much I love you, my own words could not express my feelings, but I hope Paul McCartney's and John Lennon's can...
Lyrics
(or just listen to the song up there, "I Want to Hold Your Hand".)

****************************
It was about 2 am, the hotel was quiet and the lights in the lobby had been dimmed. But i wasn't in the lobby, I had been sitting outside by the poolside, thinking instead of drinking -as Nikki always said- away my sorrows. I leaned over to see my reflection inthe chemically-blue water. i thought for a moment, shuddered away from my image, then slapped the water. I heard the door open and saw that it was Caleb that came out. He came over and placed his hoodie around me and sat down beside me in silence.

"Did I make a big mistake?" I asked him.

"Depends on what you think is right." He replied.

"I don't know what's right anymore. Nikki obviously thinks I made a mistake, my mum will too once she hears about this."

"Well are you doing this to please yourself or please others?" He asked.

"I thought it was for me, but now it feels like I've let everyone down. Even Brian won't acknowledge my actions."

"Did you do this for him?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"Why did you go back with him? I thought he wasn't a very good boyfriend."

"Well, we have so much chemistry together." I replied.

"I don't think a relationship should be based on chemistry alone. Especially if this chemistry is expired. Do you love him?" He said.

"Well, he was my first love." I replied.

"But do you love him?"

I looked at him, he caught me off guard so i was speechless.

"You don't have to answer that." He smiled.

"I just feel so exhausted. The Queen wants me to stay away from Harry, My parents want me to stay away from Brian, Your ex wanted me to stay away from you. Is the world against me?" I laid down.

"The world may be, but I'm not. You're my lil' buddy. You're Gilligan and I'm the Skipper." He chuckled.

I laughed.

"And um, about the "ex" girlfriend thing..." He looked away.

"You and Lily are back together aren't you?" I asked, already knowing his answer.

"Yeah..." He looked like he had something else to say.

"Is it more than that?"

"Yeah..."

I snickered, "Are you gonna tell me?"

"Yeah...well, Lily and I are engaged..."

I sat up with a look of surprise on my face.

"Like...to be married?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's usually what engaged means." He sheepishly smiled.

"That was fast, You break up and now you're engaged." I smirked.

"Well, I had planned on giving her the ring before we went on "hiatus", and she called me last night and apologized. She's coming back in 2 days. She wants to apologize to you in person."

"Oh goody." I grinned.

"I don't want this to hurt our friendship you know." He smiled.

"I know...so is this the time I should be congratulating you?" I smiled.

"Only if you mean it." He smiled.

I smiled and said nothing.

He laughed.

"So am I getting an invitation?" I asked.

"If you promise me you'll come."

"Of course I'll come to your funeral, i mean, wedding." I grinned.

He laughed, "Good to know. I can't get married without having you there."

That night we talked. I valued my friendship with Caleb.

"A friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief or bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face reality of our powerlessness, is a friend who cares." -Grey's Anatomy
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? and please excuse the multiple typos and errors
Comments please :)


And while I was writing the part where Caleb and Audrey were talking by the poolside, I was listening to this song and it fit perfectly. please make time to listen:)