Status: Comments inspire me to write more :)

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Mrs. Haner



July 3rd
I went with Daniel to go pick up Chanel at the airport, we wandered around the airport looking for the gate she'd be at.

"Chanel!" Daniel called, waving his hands.

"Danny boy!" She smiled, shuffling over to us with her bags. She hugged Daniel then gave me a big hug.

"Oh I've missed you two so much!" She said in a raspy voice.

"Woah, what's with the voice Clint Eastwood?" Daniel chuckled.

"I'm jet-lagged and I'm sick Daniel, and you made me fly out here. So before you start mocking me, think about what you've done." Chanel smiled and sniffled but continued to be her cheerful self.

"Well you didn't have to come." Daniel was teasing her.

She then playfully pushed his forehead. "You should've had a V8."
They laughed at eachother and he held her close.

"Alright Mork and Mindy, c'mon, Nikki wants to see Chanel." I chuckled, taking one of her bags.

* * * *

When we arrived at the hotel, Nikki immediately welcomed Chanel with a big hug, he always liked Chanel and took her as his daughter-in-law, so Daniel and her getting married was a very good idea. But when I walked into the hotel, I was greeted by the most unexpected person: Lily.

"Audrey!" She hugged me.

I was caught off guard as I gave Caleb a surprised look, and patted Lily's back signalling that hug has ended.

"Lily, you're here." I tried to sound enthusiastic.

"I am, and I'm so sorry, I can't believe how badly I've treated you. You mean alot to Caleb and I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to hurt you especially. Can you ever forgive me?" She towered over me in last season's YSL pumps.

"Oh yeah definately, absolutely, for sure." I faked a smile. Caleb raised his eyebrow as he had a smirk on his face. I gave him the same look.

"Good, I want us to be friends, best friends." She smiled.

I inhaled sharply then started to cough, "Oh yeah, for sure, without a doubt."

"Good. I have to go unpack, but maybe the three of us can go get dinner tonight." She smiled.

"Definately, yeah, and we have to celebrate your engagement. Congratulations!" I was now trying to hard. Caleb laughed.

"Oh thankyou. I'll see ya later!" She grinned and turned to leave.

"Wow, what a change." Brian whispered in my ear.

He startled me and abruptly I turned around. I gave him a seductive look and bit my lip.

"I know that look." He grinned.

"And I'm wearing that lace teddy you got me, underneath this dress." I whispered in his ear.

He picked me up and raced into the elevator.
* * * * *
Hours later ;)
I laid on the bed panting as Brian was fixing us each a drink.

"Now I doubt Garrett could've given it to you like this." He chuckled, as he passed me a glass of wine.

"What? Brian. It was just a video, it wasn't real." I took a sip.

"I don't think that's what he was thinking." He laid down next to me and kissed me neck, "But let's not talk about him. We've got our whole love life ahead of us."

I kissed him, then gently pushed him back. "What?"

"What?" He mumbled still trying to kiss me.

"Whole love life ahead of us? What do you mean?" I sat up, holding the blankets up to my chest, putting the glass down.

"Well, when we get back to L.A, we're probably gonna have a house together and then we'll get to do this all the time." He wrapped his arm around me and laid me back down.

"House?" I questioned.

"Or an apartment, but I think a house would have more room for a dog, and extra bedrooms." He replied.

"Extra bedrooms? For who?" I tried sitting up, but he pinned me down.

"Kids." He moaned.

"Woah, wait just wait." I pushed him off me and fell off the bed. I crawled around looking for my underwear and my dress.

"Audrey, what's wrong?" He sat up.

"Brian, why are you doing this?" I began getting dressed.

"Doing what?" He asked.

"This! Making these plans! Saying all these things!" I said.

"What's wrong with making plans?" He asked.

"You're gonna ruin everything. This was going so good." I was looking around for my shoes.

"Are you talking about sex?" He asked.

"No, not sex!"

"Then what Audrey, please tell me! What's wrong? Did something happen?" He grabbed me and sat me down on the bed.

"No, nothing happened. But it's this thing, it's bigger than us."

"What thing, Audrey?! Why can't you just tell me?" He raised his voice.

"Brian we're not gonna make it. Our relationship is not going anywhere, it's not going to survive. We've tried this and we just can't do it." I looked him in the eye.

"Yes we can Audrey, we're going somewhere. All the troubles we had, that was yesterday. We're different now. I'm different now." He said.

"Do you think you really wanting children makes you a changed man?" I stood up and continued looking for my shoes.

"Well I think it should, I mean, kids are big commitment."

"Brian, I don't even know if this will change things." I stopped myself from tearing up.

He stood up and came behind me. "But it does, if you were to go back with Harry and eventually and most likely marry him, your one and only job as his wife would be to give him and heir and a spare."

I said nothing.

He continued. "Do you know how demeaning that is? Calling the first born an 'heir', and the others 'spares'. At least with me you'd have the choice to have children, and if we do, we'd never make them feel like spares. We would love them so much and we would be a happy family, as cheesy as that sounds. I'd teach my son to play guitar and my daughter to cook, you'd teach them to be strong and independant and fashionable 'cause when it comes to fashion I'm completely useless. It'd be so good Audrey. Don't you want that? Don't you want that kind of life?"

"Yes." I whispered. He wrapped his arms around me.

"And we could have a big Italian wedding, just the way you want it. No Las Vegas, no Halloween. Anything you want."

I quickly wiped away a tear. He let me go to go and get something from his bag, then back.

(cue music)

"Will you put the ring back on?" He opened the ring box, it was the same ring he gave me for our first engagement.

I hesitated, then nodded. He slipped the ring onto my finger.

"It still doesn't fit. You didn't get it resized?" I looked up at him.

"I didn't get around to it, I'm sorry babe. First thing in the morning, we'll go get it resized. Just for your birthday."

I sarcastically laughed when he mentioned my birthday.

"But can we just keep this on the down-low for a while? Just not make any big announcements." I half-smiled.

"Of course, you're family already hates me, so yeah, we'll keep it a secret for now." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks." I said.

He hugged me and I rested my head on his shoulder. Then he whispered, "Mrs. Haner. Audrey Haner," in my ear. I didn't say anything, with an ounce of uncertainty in my face, I closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?

Comments:)

Your feedback is important to me :)

Okay, so Audrey's Birthday is coming up tomorrow! in the story line anyway, (July 4th),
what kind of gifts should she get?
What kind of party should her brother plan for her?