Status: Comments inspire me to write more :)

Love Will Tear Us Apart

"Audrey Cobain-Versace"



The party was in full speed. Everyone was there, jumping around singing "Shots". I had a few to drink, I do remember taking jello shots

I sat on the bed and looked around, people were were going insane, making out everywhere, people passed out on the floor. Keg stands. To me, everything was in slow-mo. The music was no longer Shots, instead I heard Hurt by Johnny Cash.

I saw Caleb walking through the crowd looking around, he was carrying a red cup. I smiled then got up, I walked over to him and hugged him. A part of me was sad, thinking this was gonna be the last time I'd see Caleb. He didn't say anything, he just held me.

I smiled and touched his face. "It's time for me to go." I whispered. I stepped back and turned around.

Caleb's POV

I watched Audrey walk away, slowly disappearing through the crowd, I wondered why she was leaving. Through the crowd still watching her, I saw a glimpse of a man behind her. He didn't look like any from here. I took a step forward and got a better look. I wondered why no one else noticed him. He looked a little taller than Audrey, he had blonde hair that was kind of long. He wore an old t-shirt with a plaid shirt over it. His jeans were faded. He slowly disappeared.

I shook my head and sat down, I felt a sudden sadness fill my heart.

Audrey

I staggered out of the elevator, leaning on the walls leading me down the path to my fate.

I sat in the bathtub, washing myself of the smell of alcohol.

I did my makeup.

I wore my favourite lingerie pieces. Black lace. I tied the ribbons of my silk robe around my waist.

I sat on the couch and popped a bottle of my favourite champagne and poured myself a glass.

I pulled the typewriter across the coffee table till it was in front of me. I began typing.

"I wish that clouds could hold me up like I thought as a child growing up, I wish I could sound as soothing as the rainfall, But I am only a drop from the storm."

Mum. I'm sorry I couldn't live up to your standards, but know that I love you and always will and always have. Daniel will do a fine job as the head of Versace.

"What have I become? My sweetest friend, Everyone I know goes away in the end. And you could have it all; My empire of dirt, I will let you down."

Dad, I let you down and I'm sorry, but just like you, I can't be helped.

"Your drug is a heartbreaker. My love is a lifetaker."

Daniel. My brother whom I love so much. My biggest heartbreak will be never seeing you again. You are my brother and therefore one half of me. We've been through it all, and I want you to take care of Versace. All of my shares is yours now. I love you. Take care of mum and Rosalie and Sophie and my baby brother Nikolas. I love you all.

Nikki. You've been such an amazing father to me. I could not imagine life without you. You took me as your own and forever I will be greatful. I love you and take of mum, take care of the Versaces.

I'm sorry dad. I'm sorry Gianni. I'm sorry Lee.

"I have lived long enough. My way of life is fall'n into the sere..." MacBeth. Act 5, Scene 3

Sorry Kid, but it's all gone. It's all spent. You tried your best, but I guess it wasn't enough. I'm sorry.

"...During sad days, when to me
Nothing mattered.
Grief of grief has drained me clean.
Still, it seems a pity
No one saw..."

-Audrey Cobain-Versace


Caleb's POV

I sat on the floor leaning against the bed, still shocked by what I saw. He looked like Kurt Cobain. My heart was grief-stricken and I didn't know why, I felt awful. Like my heart was breaking. I shook my head and slowly stood up, I lifted my head and then all of a sudden there he was. He stood in front of me.
I couldn't say anything. It was him.

He said something, but I couldn't hear it. I shook my head, showing him I didn't understand. He repeated it. I read his lips. Then said it out loud.

"Audrey?" I said.

He nodded. He looked so sad.

"It's Audrey." I came out of my daze. I ran through the crowd, pushing my way through.

I ran down the hall.

Audrey

I left the letter in the typewriter. By now the tears welled up. I nodded my head then stood up. I took my glass of champagne and walked out to the balcony.

(cue music)

I went right up to the stone railing and leaned over. I stretched out my arm and let go of the glass. I closed my eyes listening for it, wanting to hear it break.

I smiled, then slipped of my shoes. I held onto the pillar on the side and climbed up, so then now I was standing on the balcony railing. I stood there for a while, my eyes were closed.

My dad appeared again, "Audrey, don't make the same mistake I did. Come down, and we can work this out. It'll better I promise."

"You don't know that." I sighed.

"Yes I do. Get down, please. Come back to me."

I shook my head.

Caleb

I ran down the hall as fast as I could, I ran down the stairs to her floor, and raced to her door. I took out the spare key she had given me to unlock the door. I ran in, I called for her. No answer. I didn't know where she was. I ran to her bedroom. I came into the living room and found a typed letter in the writer. I skimmed through it and knew it was a suicide letter. I looked around and noticed the curtains caught in the balcony doors.

Audrey

"This is it." I sighed. I braced myself.

Just as I was about to jump, I heard a voice.

"Audrey. Don't do this. Please."

It was Caleb. His voice was shaky.

My eyes were closed the whole time as I kept my hand against the pillar. I opened my eyes but did not look down. I only gazed at the view of the Eiffel Tower, fully lit.

The warm breeze blew through my hair.

"Please. Audrey, don't do this. Don't do this to me. I can't live without you. I need you. Please, don't do it."

"Caleb." I whispered, closing my eyes again, bowing my head.

"If you do it then I will too." He said, I heard his footsteps come closer.

I opened my eyes, I was now looking down. I shuddered at the sight of the street, so far down.

"Caleb." I whispered as I began crying, "Help me."

He ran up from behind me and wrapped his arms around me, he was crying, he pulled me back as I wrapped my arms around him.

We collapsed on the balcony floor. He held me as I cried.

"It's over. It's over. We don't have to do this." He panted, holding me close.

"Oh Caleb, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I sobbed, "I didn't want this. But why is it all coming back to me? Why is it all coming back now?"

He picked me up and took me inside. He placed me on the couch.

"What? What's coming back to you?" He pleaded.

"After my dad died I went into a deep depression. That was all I could remember, that was all I ever told people. But now I remember." I cried.

"What do you remember?" He urged.

I didn't say anything for a long time, I needed to regain my composure.

"I told you once, that I lived in Michigan."

"Yeah."

"And how I told you I lived there, but not my family. I never knew why it was only me. After Kurt died I went into depression, so my family took me to a psychiatrist. He made me take a mental examination, with inkblot tests and other stuff. I didn't pass it. I had been sent to the Juvenile ward at the Traverse City State hospital...in Michigan. Why I didn't pass was because...I told the man that I had seen my dad, that even after his death, I could still see him. Caleb, I still see him. We talk all the time, it's like he never died. He was out on the balcony with me."

Caleb looked to the balcony, then at me.

"I hope he didn't tell you to jump." He quietly said.

I shook my head. "No that was me...the psychiatrist didn't believe me when I told him. He wanted me committed to the hospital. A year of my life had been blocked out, I couldn't ever remember being 9 years old...I guess during that year I had made many improvements. He lifted the title of insane and called me "bi-polar", but now you probably think I'm still insane."

The way he looked at me was not at all what I expected. He didn't look at me ina pitiful or condescending way. He softly smiled, "You're not insane. You're just hurting. I believe in everything you told me."

I looked at him with curious eyes. I half-smiled. "I've never told anyone that before."

"Well I'm honoured to be the first." He smiled.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I saw him too." He spoke.

"Really?" I wasn't surprised, I knew my dad would have a way of getting through to me.

"He came to me, he didn't even have to say anything. I knew it was you. That's why I'm here." He replied.

"What did you think of him?" I asked.

"He really cares about you. He loves you so much."

"He does love me." I smiled.

"...So do I." He quietly spoke.

I didn't say anything. I just held onto him a little tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please! What do you think? :)

Sequel soon: Get your ideas in :)