‹ Prequel: Finding Her Voice

The Dark Asylum

He didn't forget about..me?

Emily's P.O.V

"W-What about him?" I asked, confused.

"Before break fast, I was walking past the waiting room doors and I heard them talking to someone. And you know me, I was eavesdropping, and I heard someone talking and he said...."

~Flash Back~ Aiden's P.O.V

"Why can't I see here?"

"We've told you sir. You can't see Emily. She's not well. I mean, she's a bit better since she's been under our care, but seeing you will traumatize her. You need to let her out of your life. She'll be here till her death day."

"Wait. Emily, ‘MY’ Emily, what do they mean she’s traumatized?" I thought to myself.

"I don't believe you! I mean, it was just the drugs, she should be better now."

"Mr. Way--"

"It's Mikey."

"Sorry, Mikey, you have to stop coming back here. You won't see her ever again."

I heard Mikey sigh. I could just barely make out his face, tears streaming down his cheeks.

~end of Flashback~

I watched as tears started flowing down Emily's pale face. I didn't know what to do. I hate seeing her hurt so bad. I pulled her into a hug and held her.

"He didn't forget...me?" she asked.

"No one could forget about you, sweetheart," I whispered.

"What's going on in this place, Aiden?" she asked me.

"I don't know, baby, but we're going to get out of this place," I said.

"I love you," she whispered and began to drift to sleep.

I whispered "I love you," and started to carry her back to the room before anyone noticed she was gone. As for me...well, I have a lot in store for me when I get back...