Summer in Little Whinging

Day One Part Two

Michael made his way upstairs and the sound of a door closing followed.

"I have a feeling your Uncle is going to come here and try to right the wrong your Aunt did. Or try to defend her actions."

Eleanor moved locks of her hair away from her face. She rubbed her temples and headed upstairs. Harry watched her until she was out of seeing distance. He sat down on the couch and waited for them to come back downstairs. Moments later the sound of the doorbell made him get up and answer it.

The sight of his overweight and pink the face Uncle made him jump back. Beads of sweat poured down his face and he was huffing and puffing like the Big Bad Wolf in the Three Little Pigs. Uncle Vernon tried to say something but heavy panting was all that came out of his mouth.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked. He secretly loved seeing him like this but managed to control the smile that wanted to be plastered over his face.

"Harry! Is he your Uncle? Why don't you let him in?"

It was Eleanor who told him to do so. When he turned around he noticed a change in her appearance. Her hair is up with a messy bun in the back. A dress with a floral pattern and flats took the place of her red T-shirt, shorts and sandals. She headed for the door and opened it to allow Vernon in. Harry gawked at her while she closed it.

"My wife," Vernon panted. "Said some words were exchanged."

"Yes. That was unfortunate. You see, she was rifling through our belongings and telling me my attire was highly inappropriate. I don't think it is. Do you?"

Vernon glanced at her dress and shook his head no.

"I'm sorry for my wife's actions. She hasn't acted herself lately. You seem like a lovely girl."

"Thank you." Eleanor giggled. "I'm sorry for taking up your time. You're free to have some cookies I made. They're in the oven." She entered the kitchen.

'Cookies? What is she talking about?' Harry thought.

Eleanor reentered the living room with a plate of cookies. The smell of chocolate cookies entered their nose and Vernon was happy to take some. Well, the entire batch.

"Come on boy." Vernon told Harry as he exited the house.

"I'll see you later Harry. Have a nice day Mr. Dursley!"

While walking home Harry picked his brain about how Eleanor changed her clothes and when she made the cookies so fast.

"How is that possible." He said out loud. His Uncle shot him a quick look and entered their house.