We're Nothing Short of Invincible

[05]

Image

"So how did everyone like that song?" Dave yelled out into the crowd. More screams came from the crowd as I watched the moshing slow down and everyone was catching there breath. "Well I think it's time to introduce the band," Dave stated. "Over here on bass we have Tork!" Tork busted out into some bass solo and the crowd cheered. "Ok, ok settle. I would like to introduce our wicked drummer, Mark!" Then Mark did his own type of drum solo as the crowd cheered.

"Now I want everyone to cheer especially loud for this next person. Our rockin' guitarist next to me is Beck!" Dave yelled. I watched the crowd cheer extra loud, just what Dave requested. My eyes scanned the crowd and I once again faced the eyes of Ian. He smiled at me while giving me a thumbs up and I honestly, no lie, smiled back.

"And then there's me, Dave, the usual singer. But for this next song I'm going to get Beck to sing it." Dave smiled in my direction and backed up as I walked over to the microphone.

"Well then," I spoke, "is everyone having a fucking good time?" The crowd cheered in response and I nodded, "Good to hear. Well this next song is called City Of Angels and- hey Dave are you in tune yet?" I asked. Dave looked up from his guitar and nodded. "Ok well here's the song and I want to see the kids up in front moshing their brains out!" I yelled once again. I turned around and nodded at Mark; he hit his drum set three times and the rest of us joined in, jumping around like maniacs. I flipped my guitar around my body and started to sing.

It's going down tonight in this town
Cause they stare and growl
They all stare and growl
I take a scar every time I cry
Cause it ain't my style, no it ain't my style

Going down to the gravel head to the barrel
Take this life and end this struggle
Los Angeles come scam me please

Emptiness never sleeps at Clifton's 6am
With your bag lady friend and your mind descending
Stripped of the right to be a human in control
Its warmer in hell so down we go


Then the chorus came and I watched as some of the crowd sang along.

They say
This is the city
The city of angels
All I see is dead wings


We continued to play the song and the crowd was actually coming pretty close to moshing their brains out. As my favourite part came I sang louder, "Look around ain't no R.I.P signs here." The guys stopped playing for a few seconds as all of us screamed as I pointed to the crowd, "We don't rest in peace we just disappear!"

The song seemed to end sooner then I liked it to, I think the crowd thought the same. I looked up into the lights and smiled, taking it all in. All these people cheering for us, we're actually good. Dave and I switched places and we began our last song Die, Die My Darling by The Misfits. Even though I didn't think it was possible, we had even more energy in playing that song then we did the rest. Maybe it was because it was our last song, or maybe it was because the energy from the kids in the moshpit was radiating off their bodies. Just before the chorus we extended playing the instrument part of the verse so Dave could start taking.

"I want every motherfucker in this building to sing the chorus with us! Come on!" he screamed into the microphone while jumping around. As Dave sang the chorus we once again extended playing. "Ok hold on here. I couldn't even hear you guys!" said Dave while smiling. "I want this building to start shaking from all of us. One more time!" he once again yelled. Dave held his microphone out to the audience as everyone sang. As we ended that song we went out with a bang, pounding on our instruments and jumping around. Dave yelled, "Die!" then quickly holding his microphone out to the audience as they repeated that word. Then Dave brought the microphone back to his lips and carried on the words as we jumped around the stage, "Die my darling."

Once we finished the crowd erupted into applause, much to my enjoyment. "Thanks for being an amazing audience!" Dave yelled out to the crowd as our farewell. We reluctantly unplugged our instruments as the crowd yelled for more; too bad we had to get off the stage so the next band could come up.

"That was awesome!" Tork yelled while hopping off the stage. As the rest of us agreed we decided to put all of our instruments back stage, nobody would take them or something if they were back there.

"So are we staying here now?" I asked.

Dave nodded, "Yah, there is a bunch of other bands I want to see."

"Wait," I said while thinking, "is there alcohol here?"

"Yah," he nodded, "I hope you don't mind that-" I cut him off while raising my hand. When I put my hand down to my side I smirked, "If there is alcohol, I can stay all night."

Dave matched my smirk while putting his arm around my shoulder, "You just seem to be getting better by the second."

"Well thank you," I said as we both walked out into the crowd. Soon a few people walked up to us and started talking about how good our show was.

"So what's your band name?" asked a girl at my right.

"Um, we're not actually a band. Just a group of kids having a good time," Dave chuckled as I nodded in agreement.

"Aw man that's too bad," she said in disappointment.

"Beck! Beck!" I heard someone yelling. As I turned my head I faced Ian. "You guys were really good," he exclaimed.

"So I see you actually showed up," I stated while looking him over.

"But of course. How could I pass up the chance to stumble into a gorgeous thing like you," he whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes while pushing his shoulder, making him take a step back. To my disappointment his smirk didn't falter at all. Someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned to see Dave looking at me expectantly.

"Oh, Dave this is Ian. Ian this is Dave," I mumbled.

"So are you two dating?" Dave asked with raised eyebrows.

"Not yet," Ian lulled while smirking in my general direction, again.

I scoffed, "Not ever."

"That's what you think," Ian retorted while turning around and walking back into the crowd.

Dave put his hand on my shoulder, "You might want to unclench your fists. They look like they're coming close to bleeding." That's when I noticed that my fists were clenched so tight that my knuckles were pure white. I quickly unclenched them and ignored the stinging sensation that I felt on my hands. "Come on, let me buy you a drink," Dave said while smiling.

"Hmm, how about I let you buy me a few drinks?" I hinted while nodding my head.

"Sure," Dave agreed while lightly laughing. I followed him up to the bar, squeezing through many sweaty people. We both hopped up on bar stools and Dave ordered two beers.

"You do like beer right?" Dave asked while looking over at me.

"As long as it's alcohol I like it," I responded while smirking. Dave laughed and shook his head.

"Thanks," he said to the bar tender as he handed us two beers. I quickly grabbed one and popped off the top. I tipped it over and gulped some down, so used to the feeling of alcohol going down my throat. I took the bottle from my lips and set in down on the counter.

"Hmm, I feel like getting wasted tonight." Dave shook his head and smiled at my comment.

"Well I guess I'll just have to get wasted with you then," he said. So we drank, and drank, and drank. First it was beer, then turned into shots. Somehow we got into drinking rum, and then seeing who could guzzle it down the fastest. Of course I won.
Everything around me was starting to get blurry and I was just barely hanging off the chair. I couldn't stop giggling, a sign that I was way past sober. Ever word that was spoken was slurred, but Dave still managed to understand it. He was currently just as drunk as I was, even though I could have possibly had five or more drinks then he had. I drink a lot, I'm used too it. I'm also used to forgetting the number of drinks I've had, I lost that number two hours ago.

"You know what's f-funny," I slurred.

"What?"

I leaned onto Dave and whispered in his ear, "No one ever asks me if, if I'm underage."

"Oh! She's-" Dave started to yell, but I clasp my hand over his mouth while giggling.

Holding my finger up to my lips I whispered, "Shh, it's a secret."

"You know what else is funnyful?" Dave asked while drunkenly laughing.

"What?"

"That Ian dude is trying to kill me with that glare of his," he said while laughing and leaning his head onto my shoulder, nuzzling his head into my neck. I glanced around and saw Ian, his eyes full of hatred. I shrugged Dave off my shoulder and looked at him as his eyebrows rose in confusion.

"Kiss me," I boldly stated.

"And why would you want me to do that?" Dave asked while dangerously getting closer to my lips.

"Because I'm drunk," were the last words I spoke before Dave's lips came crashing down onto mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
xox
-Alyssa