Reality's Embrace

Eighteen

Cecilia-

Right before I began to open my mouth to yell out Justin's name, a huge explosion bursted out of the windows of the house. Red, orange, and yellow flames flew out like angry hawks, and dark charcoal black, smoke followed it. The two story house came tumbling down the next second. I screamed out so loud and covered my ears.

"Nooo!" was all I heard myself yell. I rolled myself into a ball to make sure pieces of house didn't stab my eyes or front part of my body. Tears already flowed down my face, and I wasn't strong enough to sob. A second later, Justin's family ran over to the back and were screaming out his name.

"Justin, Justin, Justin!" Pattie screamed out quickly.

"Jeremy call the police!" and she bent down to pick up the heavy wood pieces. They were all ashy and hot. But she didn't care. She tried lifting them, but she wasn't strong enough. Jeremy gave Pattie the phone, and he lifted the pieces.

"Justin!" he yelled out, while he picked up the wood.

Suddenly, someone carried me up into their arms and I looked up "Dad? No, stop!" I got down from his grasp. He took my hand quickly "No! We gotta get you to a hospital!" he yelled. I shook my head in anger "No! Let me go!" and I kicked him in the leg. He bent down in pain and I ran to Pattie's side. I felt weak, like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe!

I held my throat and started breathing hard. I think the smoke was getting into my brain way too much. Pattie stopped and looked at me then she muttered something in her phone. Pattie took my coughing body and sat me down on the sidewalk. I was dehydrated.

I needed water, I needed Justin to be alive. The ambulence and fire department came right when I was sat down by Pattie. They came and helped pick up wood. They threw it all around trying to find Justin. I was still crying biting my lip in horror, and crossing my fingers. I wanted to die now. I needed to.

One of the ambulence guys picked me up and layed me on a cot. They gave me an oxygen mask and I breathed deeply. I felt better. They strapped me down and I layed there, waiting to go to the hospital. I heard yelling and crying from outside the ambulence van. I looked up to see what the commotion was. I gasped loudly and saw someone carrying Justin.

They put him on a cot, which had a black bag, and they put him in it. They zipped up the bag. I shook my head in denial, no, no, NOOO! He can't be dead! Oh my god! No, please God...just take me now. I sobbed hard through my oxygen mask. I threw it off and I wanted to just stop breathing completely. I cried and let the tears fall wherever they may.

I hit the bed with all my force and I hurt my hand. This pain, I couldn't take.

All of a sudden, the ambulence van moved. I think they were taking me to the hospital now. But I didn't want to be there! I needed to be with Justin! They raced to the hospital that was nearby. They saw my oxygen mask was not on my face, and they quickly put it on again. I layed there, with no emotion, I was done crying. I was done feeling...anything.

They took me to a room where they cleaned my little cuts. But they noticed some bruises. They were big and black. They were located on my neck, back, and legs. I've never had those before. Suddenly, I coughed out blood. I felt like I was gonna throw up. A nurse quickly got a bucket and I started vomiting blood. It was gross and it smelled like hell. Ugh, why me?

Turns out, my white cells were multiplying quickly and I was being bruised from the inside. It didn't hurt, but my body was reacting like it was. I coughed out more blood throughout the hours that night, and I layed down, thinking about Justin.

My parents got to the hospital as soon as Pattie called and they sat by my side. My parents weren't talking to each other, but they were both there for me. My mom held my hand and my dad stayed away, looking at me from a distance. I gulped and shed a tear.

"What if he's...gone mom?" I cried.

She shushed me and kissed my forehead softly "Don't worry about anything, just think about healing"

"Healing?" my voice got loud "My boyfriend is probably dead mom and you want me to think about healing?"

She shook her head and sighed 'I-i'm sorry...sorry...i just..." she started tearing up "i can't lose you too baby...not tonight" she put her head down onto the hospital bed. I stroked her head and kissed her hair.

"I'm sorry too mom" and I cried some more.

I slept for about an hour before I was awoken by Pattie. I sat up, she had stained mascara all over her face. She sniffled and stroked my hand "How are you?" she whispered. I looked down at my hands and bit my lip "Is he...?" I didn't want to answer a question about me, I wanted Justin.

Her lip quivered and she shook her head. She started sobbing. I shook my head in denial, again, no...he's...oh my god. I started crying too and I couldn't stop this time. She took my face and just kissed my cheek. She whispered softly in my ear "He's in the other room"

I gasped softly and got out of bed. I slowly walked to the other room and saw Justin laying in the hospital bed. I walked over to see his black, burnt body, his chest, slowly going up and down. He's breathing. Oh my god, he's okay! Well...not really. I sighed softly, still crying, and sat by his side. His whole face was black and burnt, even his beautiful hair.

i touched his crispy black hand, and he flinched. He opened his eyes and turned. He groaned softly "Ceci" he managed to breathe.

I shook my head "This is all my fault, I'm so so sorry" I bawled but he shook his head slowly.

"No" he muttered "None of it is. It's mine, please stop crying babe"

I stopped and looked at him, I can't live without him. I just can't. I wanted to kiss him, but I couldn't. Instead, I sat there for hours, staring at him. His body was never going to be the same and I was the one to blame.

Weeks went by, and I sat there everyday, helping him recover. Sometimes, he'd smile at me, when it didn't hurt him of course. My bruises kept getting worse, and my hair was starting to fall out. I wanted to wear a wig cause I was so embarressed, but Justin told me I looked beautiful with or without hair. So I didn't wear one. After a month, it was all gone.

I held his hand tight when he was strong enough to, and I finally kissed his lips. It wasn't the same kiss, but it was something I was hungry for. I prayed for him to stay alive, every night on my hospital bed.

Pretty soon, I was too weak to even visit him. So he visited me in my hospital bed. He knew I was growing weaker everyday, and it saddend him. I told him i'd never leave him, never ever. He smiled at that. He seranaded me every night too. I smiled at his beautiful voice. At least he still had his voice.

--

Justin-

She was dying. Almost faded away. I never left her side when she went to sleep for the night, or when she took naps. I stared at her heart monitor, and just prayed that it would never get to zero. It was getting lower though. I frowned at it.

I decided to go buy her some flowers and a nice necklace, so she could feel beautiful when I told her everday. I went up to her room, but she wasn't there. She was with her dad in the hallway, they were talking.

I went closer to eavesdrop.

"Bu why dad? I know you and mom love each other...I just don't understand" she frowned.

He sighed "I'm sorry baby girl. Your mom and I talked...we're getting a divorce" he cleared his throat.

Ceci started crying, but she hugged her dad tightly "Please don't leave me daddy...I love you"

He stroked her hair "I know baby...I love you too" and he kissed her forehead. I frowned and went back to her room. I placed the gifts on her bed and I went to the door. All of a sudden she was there. She wiped her tears "You heard, didn't you?"

I nodded and I hugged her waist "I'm sorry babe" I whispered. She shook her head "Don't be...it's not happening to you" and she smiled at me.

I helped her in bed and gave her the gifts.

She gasped "Oh my god...baby they're beautiful!" she put on the necklace and stared at the roses.

"Thank you" she said and she kissed me hard. I touched the small of her back and just sighed throughout the kiss. I was going to miss this.

A few days later, that night, I layed by her bedside. She held my hand, while she slowly, started breathing hard. It was killing me, but I said I'd be there for her. My family and her family were in the room, silent.

Except my cries and her breathing.

"I love you Justin" she breathed.

I gulped "I love you Cecilia Johnson, don't ever forget me" I smiled through my sobs "Tell Ryan I said hi"

She nodded and closed her eyes "I love you all" she whispered...then the heart monitor went dead.

1 year later

I rolled over my bed and found my vibrating phone. I saw the caller I.D. name, Veronica. I rolled my eyes and answered "Hello?"

"Hey Justin! Good news!" she chimed.

I sighed "What?"

She paused "I had a son! His name is Andrew Jeremy!" she giggled.

I rubbed my eyes "And why do I need to know this?" but I forgot about that night, when I had sex with her and I didn't use a condom.

She sighed "Oh silly, you're the father!"

My eyes went wide and I stared at my iphone. I looked at it for a good minute, then I suddenly threw it at my wall. It broke into a million pieces and I nodded to myself "Good job Bieber" and I got out of bed. I put on my robe and trotted down the stairs.

I went outside to throw out the trash. I turned around to see a car parking in the Johnson's Driveway. The Johnson family moved a month after Cecilia passed. I wanted to go too, but my mom is stubborn. I sighed and went over to the hedge. A family burst out of the car and into the empty house. I saw a girl, about my age, with dark black hair, pale, light freckles on her face, and blue eyes. She wore a black tank top, black shorts, and some converse. She looked over at me and smiled.

I smiled back and waved. She walked over and eyed me up and down. She giggled "Hi" she bit her lip.

I flipped my newly grown hair "Hey"

She extended her hand "I'm Tracy Brookeshire, i'm your new neighbor" she smiled.

I nodded and shook her hand "I'm unstable..I mean" I coughed "Justin...Justin Bieber" and I let go of her hand. She gave me a confused expression. I laughed and went back inside. Boy, do I have a story to tell her.

--

Cecilia-

Day...sigh, does it matter?

Well, here I am. Whever here, is. I stand between life and death, waiting for what comes next. Isn't that what we all want? To know what comes next? I bet you're thinking of what you should wear tomorrow, or what you want to be when you grow up. I always thought about what happens to you after you die, like where does your mind go? Do you stop thinking? Or do you go to your dreams, and just live in them forever?

I don't really know yet. Life ended for me that night when I died. But I didn't know it until I stopped to take my last breath. When I said I love you all, I meant the world. I meant the ghost in your closet, I meant the trees and the grass. I meant your soul.

I breathed it out, then left for a new life?

I don't even know what this is anymore, but i'll be sure to find out.

Reality successfully grasped me in it's loving embrace, and didn't let me go until I knew for sure what was to come for me in the end. My family by my side, my first and only love.

Justin was embraced as well, for he knew I wouldn't live forever the day he burned his house down.

We were in Reality's Embrace.