Status: On Hold 'Til I Update the Other Story - Sowwz

Shadow Born

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's.. SuperAna?

I put my hands up trying to shield myself from my predetermined fate before realizing I had stopped.

Ana, it really is you. You have no idea how long I’ve waited for you to come back.

Is he talking to me? This giant thing talks too? Of course it talks. Why am I not surprised?

Uh.. I’m not sure how this works but I think I’m talking thinking back. Can you hear me?

Yes. Just as you can hear me. Come on, you’re probably confused.

A giant octopus talking to me through telekinesis is definitely up there on the list of weird.

Where are we going? And how do you know me?

I didn’t think you would remember but, I am Brutus and I’ve known you your entire life. Your father picked me as a pet, thinking that we would grow up together. Obviously that didn’t come true, because your mother wanted nothing but for you to live a normal life, so she took you away. She put you in an orphanage hoping someone would adopt you and you could have the perfect life you deserved. She didn’t want you to get caught up in this but it happened and there’s no stopping it now. I am your protector, your friend, and your servant. My purpose is to keep you alive and well, as well as to help you with some of your powers.

Brutus smiled, at least I think it was a smile, and set me down on a small strip of dirt behind the castle.

What do you mean? Caught up in what? What powers do I have? I asked. I wanted to ask so many more but I didn’t want to overdo it.

I’m not the one to tell you the story. I can’t predict the future. For the questions you want to know, you’ll have to find Avalon and Jezebel. They are the oracle twins and can answer just about any question you want to know, if they see fit. They are very powerful and not to be messed with. As for your powers, I can answer that for the most part. Some things I am not aware of and one of the twins will have to tell you because those powers are best kept secret unless in times of dire need. Then there are even greater ones which you will have to discover yourself. I know this is a lot to take in but if you meet me here every night I can help you train the powers I do know about. We can’t do it now because people will see you. Keep it a secret for now and don’t trust anyone. We’ll do it in the dead of night, and dress warm. You’ll be getting wet.

Brutus said with a knowing grin. I definitely see the smile now. Once you get past the creepy eyes, tentacles, and massiveness, he’s a pretty cute pet. Adorable almost. Of course, only I could think something like that.

Okay, so I’ll meet you here, tonight. Hey.. Do you know anything about the attack here earlier? I asked with a worried tone. I had almost forgotten about it.

Don’t worry, everyone is fine. The rogue group of zoanthrope were searching for you. The boy you were with was smart to take you away. Even then, he is not to be trusted completely. He is a shade and part of the Underworld. Some may seem nice but all are devious. Once I teach you all I can, you’ll be able to take on most threats. Still, travel with friends, never alone, and don’t underestimate your enemy. Looks are deceiving. And especially don’t overestimate yourself. Even after I teach you, you’re still new to the business and a simple slip of concentration could be your downfall. Now, go back with your friend and continue on like nothing happened. You may tell him I am your pet from when you were little but nothing about your powers. Got it?

Brutus asked with a, serious expression, I would assume. It’s going to take me awhile to get these faces down.

Got it. I said before walking forward and hugging the giant thing. My arms didn’t go very far around it. It was kind of like trying to hug a wall. Brutus picked me up and pressed me against him, seeing as I was struggling for a hug.

Thank you. I thought to him as he brought me to the shore on the other side of the moat.

I waved to him as he dipped back below the water to his original position. I saw his four eyes blinking in repetition and a tentacle came up and waved back before he disappeared below the water. I blew out a deep breath regaining my composure and shaking off my fear. I was a bit shaky but it was fading. Brutus is a friend, I reminded myself. I began my walk over to where I left Raiden. I saw him sitting on the shore with his knees up to his chest and his head in his lap. I walked up closer and tapped his shoulder. His eyes opened wide as I gave him a blinding smile letting him know I was okay.

“Don’t you ever do that again! Are you hurt? What happened? How’d you get away?” Rai asked, quick to his feet, and inspecting me for damage. I laughed at him.

“I’m fine, mother. And I didn’t get away, Brutus let me go. That’s his name. Apparently, I got him as a pet when I was little but we got separated. He just wanted to see if it was really me. I guess he missed me a ton,” I said with a chuckle.

“Remind me never to ask about your past. You’re seriously a freak,” Raiden joked.

“Oh and he said everyone was fine inside and no one was hurt. They were only told to find me, so everyoneis perfectly fine. But.. I’ll race you to the front!” I rushed before quickly taking off so he couldn’t ask any more questions. I watched as he stood there shocked and started running. Man, he was a slow runner. I turned forward as I kept racing towards the bridge. I was so going to win. I slowed down to a jog as I turned the corner and made my way across the bridge. I looked behind me to see where Raiden was, but he was nowhere in sight. That’s weird, I thought. I slowed down to a walk and looked forward. There standing at the entrance was none other than Raiden. I didn’t see him pass me. What the fuck?

Before I even opened my mouth, Raiden was quick to say, “I’m a shade, remember? I do shade voodoo magic and teleport places.” He smiled at my stupidity. Wow, I had completely forgotten.

“I am so stupid. Note to self: never ask a shade to race.” I said glumly.

“Cheer up,” he said, “maybe your boyfriend Xavier will be in there.”

I rolled my eyes. “One; he’s not my boyfriend, and two; if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were jealous,” I said with a knowing smirk.

Raiden scoffed a not very convincing scoff and brushed past me into the manor. He was so jealous.

“Hey guys, I’m back! Anyone here?” I yelled once I entered the manor.

“Ana, is that you?” I heard a response from a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and was quickly tackled by Xavier.

“Oh my god, we were so worried. Where’d you go? It’s not safe out, Ana. People are looking for you. Bad people,” Xavier said seriously.

“It’s okay X. I know. I got out of there and I hid. But then I came back to check on you guys,” I said. I didn’t want him knowing that I was insane and could see dead people just yet. I wanted to talk it over with Raiden first.

“Well let’s go tell everyone you’re here and safe,” he replied smiling. “Piggy back ride?”

I hopped on his back and he lead me to the large living room I would assume to be for meetings since everyone was there chatting away.

“Hey guys, look who I found!” Xavier yelled causing everyone to get up and rush over to me asking a thousand questions per second. I didn’t think they cared that much. I just thought they’d blow a sigh of relief and it’d be over and done with. Alas, Ryoho came to the rescue dismissing everyone and asking me to follow him to his office. It wasn’t like it was optional; I guess he just did it out of politeness. Xavier continued to carry me, following behind Ry. It was a quiet trip for the most part, aside from Xavier and I singing “Mary Had A Little Lamb.” Still not sure why we broke out into song. Walking into Ry’s office and we took a seat, separately of course, before the boss man had gotten down to business.

“You already know what I’m going to ask to I’m simply going to say, explain,” he said getting straight to the point.

“Well,” I started off slowly before noticing Raiden waltzing around the room behind Ryoho. “I was going to take a nap, but then Fang busted in like ‘WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!’, and then he told me to hide, so I did. Then I came out from under the bed, dispersed into a gajillion pieces and ended up God knows where. From there I froze my ass off and poofed back in the forest only to find my pet octopus thingy,” I rushed. The entire time I spoke animatedly with wide eyes, hoping they would think I was just off my rocker. I thought it was pretty convincing. I mean, it was the truth, just not the whole truth.

“Wow, okay. Ana, I’m going to need you to elaborate on certain parts, okay?” Ry spoke cautiously, like I was going to start bouncing off the walls any second.

I watched as Raiden walked out of the room and motioned for me to follow.

“Sure, but I’ve been gone for awhile and there were no bathrooms through all of this and I really need to pee. Like, now,” I said. I quickly excused myself, following the way Raiden had gone, quietly whispering his name as I went.

“It’d be a lot easier to find you if you’d at least wait up for me, you ass,” I concluded to no one in particular.

“Boo,” Raiden said from behind me. I squealed and turned around, slapping his arm.

“Don’t do that! I hate surprises!” I whisper-yelled at him.

He tugged me along into a an empty room that looked like it was used for storage before speaking,

“Okay, so you know how I said you’re the only one that can see me?”

I nodded.

“Well, it may have been a teensy half lie. You are the only one that can see me in spirit form, but I can take on a human form as well. That way everyone can see me. I know you’re probably going to have to explain how you had gotten out of there, and it’s okay to tell everyone about me. I should probably get to know these people better anyway if I ever decide to leave you in their hands. Ask to have a meeting or something, to introduce us to each other, alright?” I nodded again.

“Do you know where the bathroom is, because I seriously needed to pee,” I said straight-faced.

“Beats me,” Rai said with a shrug of his shoulders. What great help. He disappeared, probably to explore, leaving me to find a bathroom on my own. I was on the verge of doing a dance, I had to tinkle so bad.

{~}

“Alright, I’m back. Took me awhile to find a bathroom,” I said smiling as I re-entered Ry’s office. “Now what were we talking about?”

“How did you get away and hide?” Ry asked, determined to get to the bottom of this.

“Alright, don’t call me crazy or anything, but a dead person helped me hide,” I said. “He’s a shade and a very good friend of mine. He can probably tell you more details of our getaway than I can. All I know is that he took me someplace for awhile and brought me back when everything was over and done with. He wants to become better acquainted with all of you so I’m protected or something like that.”

“That sounds doable. We’ll have a little get together in about an hour. Let me get a few people together and you bring your friend. We’ll host our meeting back in the lounge area in front of the pool. Now, off you go while I get things set up,” he replied.

I complied and turned to Xavier who had been quiet the entire time. He looked to be deep in thought, but broke his trance when he noticed me staring.

“I know I’m sexy, but it’s still rude to stare,” he quipped. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Are you coming with me? I never got my nap,” I said walking away, Xavier following in my footsteps. I guess so. We walked back to my room in silence. I wasn’t surprised to see Raiden on my bed; Him popping up everywhere was getting old.

“Sure, just make yourself at home. Must have forgotten to tell you,” I said dryly. I was really tired, and when I’m tired I get cranky.

Raiden chuckled but was cut off by Xavier. “Uh.. thanks? I think?” Xavier said, clearly confused.

“I was talking to Raiden,” I smiled, thinking now would be a good time to introduce them. “Raiden stop hiding he can see you.”

Raiden materialized on the bed as I hopped on the other side and told Xavier to have a seat across from me. It was a fairly large bed.

“Xavier this is Raiden, the guy that kidnapped me during the ambush. Raiden, this is Xavier, my best friend and the person that’s been making me feel so welcome here,” I said introducing them. They awkwardly greeted each other before silence fell.

Let the awkwardness begin..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the ridiculously long wait for this little thing. I was planning on it being longer but decided to just cut that chapter in half. Again, super sorry. School + other story + lazyness = Lateness. Don't kill me!
Anyways, comment, subscribe && share.
-Love
Ducky