Status: Hiatus; being pre-written

Sheffield Skyline

I'd Give Just About Anything To Know She's Waiting For Me

Her foot tapped onto the wooden floor of her class as she looked out to the wide Victorian aged window to see two swallows were chirping on their nest that rested on a branch outside. The teacher was explaining about chemical reaction and her heavy British accent was sounded so distant and muted to Melanie because her head was filled with so many thoughts.

The leaves from the tree outside were turning into brown and falling because it was already dead. The window was foggy because the chilly weather that she hadn’t got used to and even though she was in the classroom, she could feel the wind breeze. One thing that dominated her mind was how she missed her friends back home and her boyfriend, Devin.

He was kind of frustrated and disappointed when she told him that her parents forced her to move to England a month ago. He had been busy with his band and he completely ignored her until two days before her departure, saying that he’d wait for her and loved her until she’s back in his arms. Melanie sighed and leaned back onto her chair as her eyes went back to the in front of the classroom. The teacher was brushing her hands together to get the chalk dust off of her palms before looking to the class.

“So, do you have any question?”, she asked. The class went quiet and everyone was looking at each other. Before someone could raise their hand, the bell rang loudly, signaling that it was already the end of the day. “Alright, I’ll see you ladies tomorrow. Good day.”

Melanie practically jumped out from her desk and grabbed her bag before rushing out through the door. The hallway was already a bit crowded with the other girls who were still lingering in front of their lockers with their friends or were already on their way out to the double doors. Mel had a bit of a problem making friends in new places so she just went straight to the door and her ocean pools widened when she saw the figure who was leaning on the stone railing of the stairs. He had his head turned on another direction so he didn’t see Mel got out from the doors.

“You really came.”, Mel chuckled and crossed her arms when she stepped in front of him. He turned his head to her and smiled widely, making some butterflies flutter in her stomach.

“Well, you told me to and I figured I could be your first mate here.”, he smiled again before standing up and walking down the stairs. When he reached the bottom, he looked up at Mel and raised his eyebrow. “Are you coming?”

Mel rolled her eyes playfully and skipped the last two steps of the stairs. They walked back to the way they walked that morning while talking about their lives. It was refreshing for Oli to talk with someone new and someone who hadn’t knew anything about him and his dark life. There was something Mel that made him believe that she could keep his deepest secrets or just accept him for who he was.

When Mel told him about her boyfriend, he just swallowed the lump in his throat. He never felt this way and this fast for someone and he just needed to keep his poker face on.

“So, is your boyfriend mad at you for moving?”, he asked calmly while his hands were in his pockets.

Mel shrugged her shoulders. “He was and he ignored me for a month but he talked to me two days before my departure.”

“That’s fucked up.”, Oli muttered and looked to his side, to Mel, who was already looking up to him with her eyes narrowed. “Okay, bad choice of words.”

She burst into laughter and cupped her mouth with her hand, making them muffled. “No, it wasn’t. It’s funny cause’ finally someone said that.”

“I don’t get what you mean…”

Mel stopped at her track, making Oli stopped at his too. “Well, no one ever said that to me that he was fucked up during the two years we date. So, it’s kind of refreshing to hear a new comment.”

Oli was confused on what was going on Mel’s head before she smiled again and motioned him to continue his track with her head. When they were only three blocks away from Melanie’s house, Oli cleared his throat and bit his bottom lip, urging to ask her to hang out with him and his band tomorrow after school.

“Hey, Mel.”, he started but trailed off.

“Yup?”

“Do you think you could hang out with me and the others tomorrow?”

She blinked her aqua eyes before nodding twice. They reached her house and since Oli wasn’t paying attention to their surrounding, Mel was making it hard for him to focus when she was around. Her house was in the upper neighborhood and her house had tall white gates, making it looked like a castle.

“So, tomorrow?”, she asked, snapping Oli from his thoughts.

He nodded frantically in nervousness. “Yeah, I’ll pick you up tomorrow from school?”

Melanie smiled and tilted her head to the side, making her blonde hair fell to the direction like a gleaming waterfall. “I’d love that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
another short one,i fail at life
anyway comments/subscribe?
<3