Status: Active

Maiden with a Sparkling Eye

Chapter One

It was one of those nights. One of the many nights Haley couldn't sleep.

She felt guilty; really damn guilty.

She lied to her boss, the editor of the Boston Globe, just so she could go to the Red Sox game with a co-worker.

If it was a home game, it would have been fine. She doesn't work past 4 in the afternoon anyhow. But she had to endure a 6 hour drive all the way to freaking' Baltimore from her apartment in Quincy.

Regina had said "Just tell the boss you're sick, no biggy. It's a Sox game." and Haley had believed her. She believed anything people told her now-a-days because that's what got her here in the first place. Not trusting her own instinct that is, and that's what she would continue to do.

"Think of it as a late 25th birthday present." Regina said that morning, "It's just two friends, taking 1 single sick day for a baseball game. Today's Friday alright, and then it's the weekend. It's just one day."

And now, all because she had to go to stupid Baltimore, she was stuck in a crappy Towson hotel for 2 nights and 3 days. The only good thing about this whole trip so far was the three games they'd be seeing.

They'd gotten seats near the visiting dugout, right next to the on-deck circle; How they managed that, Haley didn't know, and she honestly didn't want to. She knew Regina had her ways.

She'd lost her wallet during the last inning as well, when the closer Jonathan Paplebon got the last out and she may have gotten a tad too excited. It managed to fly out of the pocket of her Boston College hoodie, land on the field in front of her, and get soaked by the rain that was falling from the dark, night sky.

The best part about it was she didn't even notice it was missing until after they returned to the hotel room.

Thinking music would calm her horrible mood, she plugged her headphones into her pierced ears, allowing the sweet sounds of the Kings of Leon to fill her ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, here's chapter one.
I wrote this at 1 o'clock this morning, so be nice to me :p
Comments are love :)