Status: Active

Maiden with a Sparkling Eye

Chapter Three

"Yo, Haley. Girl, wake the fuck up!"

Haley awoke to the sound of Regina screaming in her ear, rather then the sweet music she had expected to hear.

She peeked at Regina through one eye, while the rest of her brain tried to figure out how to un-do the mess of head phones she found herself tangled in.

"Meeeehh," she groaned, throwing her iPod to the other side of the bed, and rolling over to face Regina.

"Come on," she said, throwing back the covers, "Let's go to the pier. We can have lunch at the Hard Rock."

Haley shot out of bed in a sudden excitement, beginning to feel a craving for a honey barbecue chicken sandwich.

Regina laughed at her friend as she turned on the television to watch the weather forecast for the day while Haley rushed around the room trying to make herself at least look half decent.

She picked up a pair of denim shorts and a blue Varitek t-shirt and ran into the bathroom, coming out moments later dressed with her short brown locks thrown into a ponytail behind her head.

She shut the television off and grabbed Regina by the wrist, dragging her out the door, making sure to grab her car keys on the way out.

Locking the hotel room door, she all but ran to the little Honda in the parking lot, starting it before Regina had even stepped within five feet of the vehicle.

"Slow your roll!" Regina stated, closing the door once she was safely inside the car.

"Sorry, I'm excited!" Haley backed out slowly, and made a quick note that it was already noon.

"Why'd you let me sleep so late?" She asked, stopping at a red light.

"I tried to wake your ass up four times and you wouldn't budge. I also ate breakfast without you. I also don't think you should be driving without a license."

~~~~~

Regina continued to laugh while Haley tried to think of a way to kind way to tell her waiter that she wasn't interested in dating him.

"Honestly Reg, who leaves a letter with a customer at a restaurant asking them out?"

"I think it's cute," Regina said, picking up her coke and taking a sip, "Besides, I thought you were the hopeless romantic, candles and wine type?"

Haley frowned.

"Well I am, it's just a little creepy. I don't want to just flat out say no though..."

Haley noticed Regina try to hold in a laugh, and out of the corner of her eye she saw their red headed waiter walk towards the table with Regina's credit card in hand.

"You pretty ladies have a nice day." He set the card in front of Regina and turned to wink at Haley, who had to try hard not to cringe.

She felt Regina kick her shin under the table and nod her head slightly towards the waiter, who's name was Jeff.

Haley glanced at him and smiled, picking up the note that he'd left when he brought their food.

"About this Jeff..I uh, don't really want to date right now. I- I'm really sorry."

The sparkle in his eye was gone almost instantly and he nervously played with the pen in his hand.

"Oh, well, that's alright. Sorry. Have a nice night then."

Haley felt guilty again for the second time that whole weekend.

And I figured I escaped this feeling, she thought.

~~~~~

It was 5pm then and she and Regina had spent all afternoon at the pier.

It took them fifteen minutes to walk from the Hard Rock to Camden Yards and they waited another fifteen when they arrived to be allowed to their seats.

Once there, Haley sighed, beginning to get angry.

"What's the matter chicky?" Regina asked, setting a comforting hand on her friends shoulder.

"My wallet. It's gone."

"You thought the grounds crew would leave it there? You address was in there on your license. The park will just send it to you."

Haley, like always, sat back and took her friends word for it.

She just wished she could maybe stop believing everything she hears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Numbah 3.
Two comments, 8 readers, 1 subscriber.
I guess it's better then nothing..Buuttt I'd like more comments. :)
Yeah, I probably won't update tomorrow, but I have chapter 4 already written out, and there's more action in this one, I promise. After that it gets really good :)