Status: Active

Maiden with a Sparkling Eye

Chapter Seven

Haley had promised Regina she'd tell her all about her date in the morning and forced her out of her room so she could sleep.

She had changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy t-shirt, throwing her hair in a ponytail and curling up in bed.

It was close to impossible for her to fall asleep, thoughts of the date clouding her mind. She wondered if Josh was thinking of the kiss as much as she was. She couldn't deny it; she felt something in the kiss and she couldn't remember the last time a guy had made her feel like a such a giddy school girl.

Though she was still debating with herself whether or not she could trust him fully; she had a feeling she should at least give him a chance.

Haley had been known to be very emotional. Ever since her father passed away her senior year of high school, she had trouble trusting herself.
Her father was the only one she had to begin with, and he always supported her choices.
He believed she could accomplish anything, and because of that, she believed in herself.
That wasn't the case anymore; Without her dad around to say 'Haley, you can do this' she didn't think she could do anything.
Regina was the one who started telling Haley she believed in her, and so far for Haley, Regina came almost as close to her dad as anyone else ever had.

And now she was thinking that maybe Josh could be good for her. Maybe she'd be able to open up to him some and talk to him about her father. She'd been wanting to talk to someone other then Regina and Andy about it, and even if her and Josh didn't end up being something more then just friends, at least he'd be there to talk to.
So far she thought he was a wonderful guy, and she'd be lying if she said she didn't want this relationship to continue.

~~~~~
"Wake up woman!" Haley cracked an eye open to see Regina standing above her, still in her clothes from the night before.
She sat on the bed in front of Haley, cross legged and smiled at her, waiting for her to wake up enough so they could talk about the date.

Haley smiled at her, stretching her arms above her head and sitting up, "Can you let me wake up first?" She yawned, suddenly craving a cup of coffee, which she noticed Regina had placed on her bed side table already.

Grabbing the mug, she took a sip, getting ready to launch into her story.

"So he brought me to this nice Italian restaurant overlooking the water," Haley smiled, looking at her mug as Regina cooed and said how adorable that was.

"But then he told me he just wanted to impress me, and I mean, I just didn't think he had to try that hard 'ya know?"

Regina smiled knowingly, "Because he already impresses you doesn't he?"

Haley smiled and nodded, "Yeah, he does."

"Okay, what else?"

"So we went to Jillian's instead." Haley giggled, as did Regina.

"How fancy." She joked.

"Oh hush, it was sweet. And then we had a few drinks and he asked me to dance."

"Awwwh! Hal, that's so sweet! And you did, right?"

"Of course! Why not?"

"What was the song?" She asked in anticipation.

Haley smiled, taking a sip of her coffee, "You'll never guess."

"It was John Mayer wasn't it?" Regina asked, the smile on her face showing that she knew she was right.

"Yeah."

"And...?" Regina motioned with her hands to go on.

"We kissed." Haley whispered, a blush covering her tan cheeks.

Regina's jaw was wide open in disbelief, knowing her friend to be one to not kiss on the first date.
"Really? Like, with tongue?"

Haley gasped at her friend, slapping her on the arm. "No, just a really long peck on the lips. And I loved it if you're going to ask."

Regina smiled, happy for her friend.
"And when is the next date?"

Haley frowned at her coffee cup, "He didn't say."

Regina laid a comforting hand on her arm, "I'm sorry sweetie. He said he'd call right? Otherwise I'll rip his dick off."

Haley laughed loudly, her face lighting up, "Yeah, he'll call."

~~~~~

Knock, knock, knock

Josh rolled over on his bed with a groan, wondering who would be at his house so early in the morning.

Too lazy to get up, he let the person continue knocking until he heard a familiar voice yelling at him to get the fuck out of bed.

Walking slowly down the hallway of his apartment in nothing but boxers and a t-shirt, he rubbed at his eyes roughly, checking the clock on the stove as he passed it to get to the front door, noticing it was 10 am.

Opening the door, he was met with a grinning John Lackey and Dustin Pedroia, fist raised to knock again.

Dustin shoved himself past Josh and walked into his kitchen.
"Sure Dustin, come on in." Josh said sarcastically, moving out of the doorway so John could walk in.

After shutting the door he joined his team mates in his kitchen, grabbing a cup of coffee as he waited for his friends to speak.

"So," Dustin said, sitting on the counter, "how was the date?"

"Get your ass off my counter and I'll tell you." Josh snapped.

"You slapped it the other day, don't act like you don't want me." Dustin settled for a chair instead, and made a hand motion as if to say 'continue'.

Josh rolled his eyes before speaking. "It was great." He couldn't stop from smiling.

John smiled at him knowingly, "And? Did you knock the pants of her as Dustin had suggested?"

"Well not literally, but she was impressed."

John smiled at his friend from across the table, "And where did you take her?"

"Well I took her to that Italian restaurant Lester suggested, but then we left before we even ordered anything and went to Jillian's instead."

Dustin boomed with laughter, holding his stomach. "Y-you wh-hat?!" He asked between laughs.

Josh looked at John questioningly, then back at Dustin, who was about to fall from his chair at any given moment.

"Uhm, yeah. She said I didn't have to try so hard, so I brought her there instead. She said she had fun..." Josh trailed off, taking another swig of his coffee.

Dustin wiped his eyes, finally done laughing, and looked at Josh with a serious expression.
"Well at least she didn't run away."

"And you thought she would?" John asked, his arms resting on Josh's kitchen table.

"Well yeah. I mean, I would."

Josh looked at him with a hurt expression, "I have you know, the ladies love me!"

Dustin rolled his eyes, "Ya know, I'm sure they do. That would explain why you're still single!"

Josh picked up some loose change that had been sitting on the table next to him and threw it at Dustin, making him cringe in his seat.

"At least I got a girl, ass-wipe."

"Yeah well, technically she's not your girl. Sooo, either ask her out again or let someone else snatch her up. I'm sure Jason would love to take her out." Dustin smirked, throwing the change back at Josh, smacking him on the cheek.

John rolled his eyes at his team mates childish antics, "Are you gonna call her?" He asked Josh.

"Later."

"Okay then, go get ready. We're heading to the ballpark."

Josh looked at John confused, "Why?"

"Because we have nothing better to do." Dustin said, skipping out the front door and down the hallway.

Josh could just tell that it was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, so this chapter sucks.
:D
But thanks for reading it anyways.
The next one will be better, I promise.