Guitar Lessons

guitar lessons

Johnny's only eight, and all he wants is to be a rockstar like Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page. He's pretty annoyed his name isn't Jimmy, but his mum won't change it. He's got a giant collection of picks that fill his pockets and an old acoustic guitar that his dad had when he leaves for his first lesson.

His hair is spiked like the older kids who skateboard in the park, and he's got black and red board shorts on because his mum thinks he's too young for skinny jeans and vans. He disagrees. His mum wanted to drive him to the shop where the lesson is, but Johnny's a big kid and he doesn't want to turn up holding his mum's hand.

The walks a lot longer than it looks from the car, and guitars are heavy to carry. Johnny's relieved when he sees the shop, and pauses for a moment to catch his breath. He opens the door, and is bombarded by noise.

He's never heard anything like it, but the man behind the counter is waving his head around and flinging his hair to the beat of the drums. He looks like he likes it, so Johnny doesn't cover his ears and go home to find mum because it's all too loud.

He sucks in a big breath and rubs his Elmo pick between his thumb and his finger ('cause Elmo is cool dude), and walks up to the guy. "My mum said I was supposed to ask for Brian?" he says, and cringes at the glint of laughter in the man's eye.

The guy turns the music down slightly and screams over the solo, "Brian!" and surprisingly he's heard. There's an answering bellow, and Johnny's sent down some stairs into the nice quiet basement.

The lighting is red and muted, and there's music playing in the background that doesn't sound anything like rock music he's heard before. He hopes he's come to the right guy (he wants to be a rockstar, not a boring classical guitarist) and stumbles over his guitar to the man standing in front of him.

"I'm Johnny, my mum came to talk to you before about guitar lessons," he holds his hand out like his dad taught him, and is mildly surprised when his hand is gently punched. Does this guy not know how to shake hands, or something?

"Hey dude, I'm Brian. Come sit down and we'll get started." Brian was good at tuning guitars, and showed Johnny how to twiddle the pegs until everything was perfect. He spent a while demonstrating to Johnny how to play one chord, and then Johnny finally got a chance to try for himself.

He sat, curved over the guitar, trying to see his fingers with his tongue out and a frown of concentration smeared over his forehead. His fingers slipped and the noise sounded nothing like what Brian's had. He tried again, but there's a finger stroking down the length of his back and he can't focus.

Brian's sitting behind him with his breath down his neck and his deep voice in his ear. "Try again." So Johnny does but his hand is sweaty and he completely messes it up and he's blushing and he's too nervous to concentrate.

Brian lets his hand trail down his sides until they reach his thighs, and strokes them as well. Nobody's ever done this before to him, and Johnny's panicking and hoping he doesn't mess up his chances of becoming a rockstar by doing it wrong.

Kisses on his neck excite him further, and Brian's hand is worming it's way inside his shorts. And oh crap, inside his pants and wrapping itself around him. He does some kind of magic and Johnny can feel something building up inside his tummy, and he can sense something is going to happen.

And it does, there's a sticky white mess all over him and a great feeling. All he wants is to come back and be a rockstar all over again.