Status: Number 2!

What Life To Live

Jaymie

I start to panic. My fingers fumble over the small slick 'enter' keys to reveal the message within. After all my fumbling, I get to click it and with a two second delay, the hologram shoots from the screen in my hand. It's not long, but it is long enough for me to know something is wrong beyond right. Maybe 30 seconds, but within those 30 seconds she said this:

"Hey Emaleigh, you know who this is. Just letting you know that although I told you I was coming in today to help you clean, something came up. I might also need to tell you I'm not coming into work at all for the next couple of days. Sorry I left you like this. I really didn't do it on purpose, you know I wouldn't."

No goodbye, no in-depth 'why I had to leave you' speech like she would have, nothing other than that one piece of audio. It seems like it just cut her off. Thirty seconds, that's all it took for me to know that shes in trouble; I need to find her. I know she isn't home, it didn't resonate her voice where she was in her call like it does there. I don't even bother to tell my boss that I was leaving and not coming back today. Or until I find her for that matter.
I bolt out the main door and literally jump through the window of my GTO and speed away into the sunrise. I have no idea where I'm going but I have to go somewhere. Maybe I'll just stumble, or hover, onto her. Oh who am I kidding. Not me, because I know my best friend and she would never do something she knew that wasn't right, even for her own self. I head to the abandon warehouse no one ever thinks of going to because of all the rodents and "vicious" dogs that surround the second home of both of us. I fed them some rodents I caught and now they just love me. And rats aren't a problem for me, obviously. I just hope she's escaped to there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short sorry