Status: Number 2!

What Life To Live

Packages... Arrive in homes?

My hands were tight on the wheel as I drove through the empty streets. Zues and Butch laid quietly in the back seat, panting in the hot weather.
"Don't worry boys, I got ya." I told them and pressed the air on full blast. Not long after, they were fighting for the front seat, where the coolest air went to.
"Stop that!" I yelled at them, louder than I meant to. They winced in fear. I wouldn't blame them, after all, I could sound meaner than I really meant.
"I'm sorry, boys. I just miss her so much." I petted their rough heads and felt a warm tear streak down my cheek. No. I will not cry. You. Will. Not. Cry. I took a deep breath to control my emotions. Jaymie will be okay, and you will find her, unharmed. I went back to my house and parked my car in the garage. I stepped out and opened the door for Zues and Butch to exit. They didn't come out, and that surprised me.
"Come on ladies, get out here!" I told them playfully. They looked as though they were smiling, with their tongues hanging out. And still they sat. I cocked my head to the side and wondered what was going through those dogs' heads. Just like that, as if they read my mind, they hopped out of the car and ran into the empty house. I wish I could have seen my face, cause I could feel it was twisted beyond fixing. I straightened it out and followed the crazy animals into the house.
The echoes of the empty house would have scared many people upon entering but I had gotten used to it because after all, I lived here. The walls, being white, nearly blinded me as I entered my kitchen. It took a few moments for them to adjust, and as they did, I realized that the dogs had stopped right in the middle of the floor. The platform I had ridden on just this morning was right in the middle of them and was hovering; something rather large and red was on top of it. My heart stopped for what seemed like forever, however, it just happened to be a mere few seconds. I could feel my heart beat in my throat, my hands were thumping and wouldn't stay steady, and my feet were like cinder-blocks, heavy and unmoving. At first glimpse, I could have swore that it was a body; the body of my best friend. Had they been in my house? Upon moving closer in panic to inspect the object, I found a lumpy and odd-smelling package. It was in the shape of a body, a girl's body, and the smell coming from it was revolting. However, Zues and Butch seemed to be enjoying it.
"Wait a minute guys, I need to get something." I commanded the dogs. With a reluctant glare, they plopped on their hind quarters on the carpeted floor. My shirt covered my nose and mouth so I could breath, and with one hand, I grabbed my bandanna that I used to hold back my hair when I cleaned and tied it to my face so I was free to use two hands. After that, I half jogged, half walked to grab a camera off my lonely wooden table in which I ate at by myself a lot of times. Every other time I would eat here with...
Don't you think about her here, they could be watching you... I thought to myself and snatched the orange camera off the table. I walked back over to the living room area and saw that Zues and Butch were still sitting there, waiting for me to give them a Q to attack. Before I did anything, I took pictures of the package from all different angles. Soon, I could feel a nervous sweat begin to break on my brow and my heart felt like it were in my throat again. I laid the camera down on a side table and began to walk over to the kitchen again. I grabbed a pair of yellow dish-washing gloves and trudged back over to the poorly wrapped, lumpy package. I held my breath even though I still had my bandanna over my mouth and nose and raised my hands over the rope-like bow that kept the thing together.
At the first light touch, the package flung open and out rolled several different items, including an envelope, a small GSP system, a hikers pack, with a sleeping bag, a few frying pans and other things I couldn't see, and another smaller package. The smell became gruesomely revolting now; even the dogs took a step back. I decided to start with the envelope, because this was like an unwanted birthday present; open the card first, in this case the envelope.
It was creamy white, and looked rather official. On the back, red wax kept the envelope sealed. With the envelope still in hand, I stood up and walked over to grab a letter opener from the coffee table and sat back down in my previous spot. Fingers and hands trembling, I broke off the wax with a pop and slid my finger under the fold. Several pieces of paper fell out as I grabbed the things inside. Two were parts of a letter, addressing me. The others were pictures of places and one I saw that was still flying across the room, was none other than Jaymie. I ran to the picture and frantically groped for it. I felt warm tears instantly fall over my eyes as I held the picture close to my face.
It was Jaymie alright, but you had to be me to realize it. Her dirty blond hair was tangled and matted, either with sweat or gagging materials; her hair was cut differently. It was shorter, much shorter. Her face was quite pale under the dirt, bruises and gashes that clouded her whole look. Her clothes were stripped and the underclothes she always wore were in torn rags. Even her body had lost color and had many bruises and cuts from her kidnapper. My breath was ragged and uneven as I analyzed her look. I choked on my tears and felt cold chills running up and down my spine. Something was horribly wrong, and no genius needed to tell me. Nothing like that should have happened to her. No matter what she had or has done.
I hesitated to set down her picture, but I decided to fold it and put it my back pocket. The other pictures were of several different landmarks, some I'd seen before, others I hadn't seen in my life and had no clue what they were. Once I'd studied each one, while calming myself down, I turned to the letter. Two pieces of paper, and both had very nice, curly cursive on them. In a preparation to read it, I sat down on my couch, and began to read.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this one for a while but I'v been working on a co-write! I promise I'll add to this one more! Letter coming soon!