You're a Jerk, Garrett Nickelsen.

How it Starts.

I watched Garrett Nickelsen set up his bass on the stage. His band was performing at our school for the talent show. I had to keep in laughter when Pat their drummer skipped and tripped over chords.

Garrett hearing me trying to contain my laughter, shook his head, “I think we got a stalker.”

I stepped out into the light, “Stalker? Sorry, the only things I know about you two. Is your names, and your band name.”

Garrett rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”

I stepped on stage, “Whatever? Whatever?” I shook my head and looked at their set ups and shook my head.

“What.”

I shook my head again, “Oh, nothing. If you wanted to be seen, I’d suggest you move your mic up.”

Garrett snorted, “Really. How would you know if I would be seen or not.”

I glared at him. I thought this band was laid back, but then again. They are just getting noticed, cocky assholes. “I run lights.” I went to walk away but turned back around, “Oh, and you should stay there, I don’t want to have to look at some jerk while he performs.”

Garrett shrugged, “Whatever.”

I went to walk away but ran into someone. That certain someone was John O’Callaghan the lead singer. He caught me, “Whoa, you okay?”

I nodded, “Yeah.” I straightened up, “You know, your bassist needs an attitude check.” I stalked off.

--

“Hey!....Shelbie right?”

I turned around to find The Maine’s drummer, Pat. “Yeah.”

“We’re ready to do sound check, and they told us to come to you.”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’ll go up right now.” I walked up to the lighting booth and clicked buttons and flipped switches, I talked into the mic, “Try it.”

It worked, I was walking around the auditorium making sure the speakers were in place and ready, when I bumped into someone again. This time, it was Garrett. “Could you watch it?”

He rolled his eyes, “I was walking here.”

“Yeah, backwards. I’m trying to make sure all the speakers work, for your damn concert.”

“Walking backwards is fun, don’t hate it.”

I sighed, “Walk backwards somewhere else. Maybe in front of those girls that look like their going to kill me.”

Garrett snorted, “Yeah, high school girls are shallow, I don’t think so.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Thanks.”

He nodded, “They want sex from every attractive guy they see.”

I shook my head, “Uh, I don’t want sex with every attractive guy I see. And some girls aren't shallow. Some are open minded and friendly. Until a jerk comes along. Now excuse me.” I faced the girls, “He’s signing, if you want.” I quickly walked away before I got trampled on.

“You know for a nice girl, you’re a bitch.”

I looked up and found John, “Um, thanks?”

He shook his head, “Give him a break. He just had a really bad break up, and he’s taking it out on everybody. You should see him play his zombie games, man. It intense.”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. What are the chances I’m ever going to see you guys again.”

John smirked, “Tomorrow night.”

I stepped back, “Uh, what?”

He shook his head and playfully pushed me, “No. Your going to come with us to bowl.”

“Bowling…really?”

John shrugged, “Why not.”

“Okay.”

--

“What are you doing here.”

I smiled sweetly and side hugged John, “Your singer invited me.”

“No seriously, Shelbie.”

“Ah, you know my name.” I figured out the night before, pissing off Garrett was fun.

“Whatever, bro.” We all walked in and got our stuff.

“Garrett and Shelbie, why don’t you two be partners.”

My smile dropped, “Your kidding.”

John smirked and shook his head, “Nope.”

“Fine.” I looked at Garrett. He was actually really attractive. I mean his tussled brown hair and his style was pretty cool. I snapped out of my weird thought and watched them bowl.

“Alright, go.”

I gave him a look, “Okay. I’m going to warn you….I’m not the best.”

Garrett rolled his eyes, “Just throw the ball.”

I held the ball and looked at him, “Throw it? Oh, well if you insist.” I pretended to throw the bowling ball at him, and his face was priceless. I laughed, “You think I’d actually throw it?”

John grabbed his heart, “I did.”

I shook my head and bowled, I surprisingly knocked all the pins down, “Yes!”

--

We all went to the ice cream parlor afterwards. After we all got our ice creams we played ask Shelbie questions until she wants to dump her ice cream on us. Forty questions in, I was getting a little irritated. “Guys! I’m just a normal girl, who likes bands, music, video games, guitars, singing, having fun. Just to sum it up.”

“Your not so bad, Shelbie.”

I flicked Garrett a look, “Thanks, and your not so bad either.”

Garrett smirked, “So I’m told.”

I shook my head threw the un eaten ice cream cone in the trash, “I’m going to head home, so I’ll see you guys in school, tomorrow.” They all nodded and said their goodbyes.

“I’ll walk home with you. My house is further down from your house.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Okay? Why all of sudden is this nice Garrett coming out?” Not that I minded, Garrett was a pretty cool dude, when he wasn't a jerk.

He shrugged, “Dunno. I feel like I know you more, and your not really a bitch.”

I pretended to feel offended, “You thought I was a bitch?”

“Well yeah. First impressions, cant help it.”

I shook my head, “I’m honestly nice, unless you give me a reason not to be….Garrett.”

“Yeah, sorry about the other night. I’ve been so caught up in this break up with Gabriella….i feel like all girls are bitches. She messed with my feelings, and broke up with me.”

“Well we’re all not. And Gabriella lost a great guy, its her loss. Don’t punish yourself for her mistake.”

Garrett smiled at me and nodded, “Yeah, I guess. You know, you really aren't as bad as I thought you are.”

I nodded and smiled, “I think we accomplished that. So are you going to take it a bit easier on the zombies?”

He looked shocked then embarrassed, “John told you about my zombie obsession?”

I laughed and nudged him, “Hey, its okay. We all have zombie obsessions hidden.”

“Ha, yeah right. I kick major butt, when I’m pissed. I’ll just pretend every zombie I see will be Gabriella.”

“Nice way of putting it. But…I bet I could kick your butt at your own game.” We were in front of my house and I was about to walk away when he grabbed me.

“Oh, really? Well Saturday night, my house. We’re going to fight.”

I smiled, “Is that a date?”

Garrett blushed and looked at the ground, “It can be…”

I nodded, “Okay, sure.”

Garrett pulled me closer and just barely kissed my lips, “See you around, Shelbie.”

I stood there shocked, “Ye-yeah. See you around.”

He started to walk away chuckling, “Saturday, don’t forget.”

I walked inside and touched my lips, I had this huge grin plastered on my face. So maybe Garrett Nickelsen isn't a jerk….he’s a hot jerk.
♠ ♠ ♠
<33.
hoped you liked itttt.