Cali Shore

Hey, I Just Met You And This Is Crazy.

There's really no way to convey the depth of my anger at my best friend and the man she slept with the previous night.

Maybe I wouldn't be so angry if she hadn't kicked me out of my own room on the first night. Maybe I wouldn't be so angry if Jimmy hadn't made Brian pull me away to the dance floor to distract me while they made a quick getaway and I discovered I'd been left at the club by her.
Or maybe I wouldn't be so angry if the bitch would've at least pulled on some fucking clothes afterward.

Spending the night in his bed was no damn picnic. Both Brian and Zack snore and Zack talks in his sleep. Both men had absolutely no shame in their sleep either, scratching their balls or farting when the urge hit. It was like sleeping in a frat house.

When I hear walking and smell french toast, I stand from the bed and open the door, peeking into the room across the hall. Thankfully, no one is in there, so I slip inside and close the door behind me. I quickly strip off my tank top and day old panties and bra, slipping on a pair of boy shorts, sweat shorts, a sports bra and a tank top. Grabbing a clip from my dresser, I pull my hair back on the run, opening the bedroom door to head downstairs.

Jimmy's washing dishes at the sink as I cross the kitchen to put on some water for tea. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm angry with him as well, so I don't speak as I fill the kettle and sit it on the stove.

"Hey, Beej," he starts and my inner bitch rises.

"You know, not being able to sleep in my own room the first night here was amazing. Even more amazing was the chorus of snoring, talking and farts my night consisted of."

Jimmy sighs, tousling his dark hair with a hand. "I know. I'm sorry. But I really like her and she thinks it was only a one night stand."

He sounds so forlorn and I sigh lightly, my strong mothering instinct telling me not to be a bitch to him if he's already hurting. "That's how Allie operates, Jimbo. She's not in the habit of falling for a guy after one day. If you wanna win her over, it's not gonna be with being great in bed, though that helps the situation. You're going to have to show her you care, and that you're sweet and kind and loving. It's what she needs anyway."

Jimmy mulls over what I've just told him for a few minutes and then nods. "Tell the guys I went out. I'll be back later," he says, heading for the door.

"Uh...Jims?" He pauses and glances back. "You going in your boxers then?"

The taller man glances down and then smiles sheepishly. "Pants would be a welcome addition," he says, and heads toward the stairs.

I only giggle lightly and then glance out the patio door. Allie is out there, somewhere. I haven't seen or heard her in the house, so it only makes sense that she's outside. The whistle of the kettle wakes me from my daze and I set about making myself a cup of tea. After a moments hesitation, I make one for Allie as well.

Walking to the sliding door, I cradle both cups in one hand and slide it open, stepping outside and into the cool ocean air. I take a moment to soak it up, savor the salty air and briny taste, the sound of the waves on the shore. Unbidden, a smile worms its way across my face and I open my eyes, facing the absolute gorgeousness of the sun rising over the ocean.

Suddenly, the sensation of too hot ceramic against my skin brings be back to the present and I sit the cups on the picnic table, calling out for my friend, "Allison." There's a few moments and I try again and this time, Allie emerges from behind a dune and slowly makes her way to the house.

She stops a few feet away and surveys me with cautious brown eyes and I can tell she's waiting on me to explode in anger, yell, bitch, do something, but honestly, she looks morose, and once again, it makes me shove down my anger and gesture to the tea. "Thought you might want some."

She's still, doubting my apparent lack of anger probably, before a soft smile spreads across her face and she steps forward, depositing her empty beer bottle onto the table and picking up the mug. "Thanks Beej."

I shrug, picking up my own mug to sip on it. "I'm an amazing friend. I know this."

"You really are," she replies and I smile slightly, reaching to place my hand over her own, cold from the morning air.

"So are you, dearest."

She snorts. "Doesn't seem like it. Kicking you out of our room on the first night."

"Yeah. There is that. Then again, I was kept entertained by Zacky's string of wet dreams and ball scratching."

Allie laughs outright and I grin, taking another sip of my tea. "You're joking, right?"

"Not at all. And those two are like Mac trucks running over bullfrogs while they're sleeping." My best friend laughs harder and I shrug. "So, I can't really say I didn't have fun, though the first time Zacky started talking, I thought I was hearing things, and the next time, I thought it was a ghost till he rolled over and muttered something about breadsticks."

Allison is laughing so hard by this point, she's having a hard time standing straight and I giggle, taking her arm and steadying her. "You're going to fall and break something and that's going to suck, girlie."

Her laughter slows and finally stops, save giggles that bubble forth as she thinks back through what I've told her.

I glance up at the sun, rising through the clear southern California sky. It's going to be hot. Already, the air is warming and it's already humid. I can practically feel the hair at the back of my neck frizz and curl.

The door behind us opens and out comes Brian and Zack, both lighting cigarettes as they do. "Sup chica? Did you sleep okay?"

I glance at Allie, who's biting her bottom lip as she sips her tea and is looking anywhere but the two to prevent her laughter from bubbling out.

I glance back at them and decide to save them the embarrassment. "Pretty well, I guess. I just tried not to think about what Jimmy might've done in them before."

Both chuckle and Brian glances into my cup. "Whatcha drinking?"

"Tea," I answer. "Want some?"

"Just let me try yours."

I roll my eyes and hand my mug over. Brian sips it and smacks his lips together as he considers. Finally, he nods. "Yeah. Alright."

I nod and shove my mug into Zack's hands. "Take a sip and see if you'd like some too." Zacky does so and agrees that he would indeed like some, so I head into the kitchen and make two more cups, refilling my own before heading onto the patio and handing them out.

"So what happened with you and Jimbo?"

Allie rolls her eyes. "What usually happens on a one night stand, jackass? We had sex."

"This morning?"

"This morning, I woke up, walked around a bit and then Jimmy woke up and made us french toast, I think he has you beat, by the way Beej. Anyway, then I told him that I knew that last night wasn't anymore than sex and that I wasn't expecting anymore than that."

Before I can say anything about her not knowing anything about Jimmy's feelings or defend my french toast, which is fucking beast, Brian jumps in.

"What? Allie, he wasn't joking when he said you're his dream girl. You fit him down to a tee."

Allie's brow arches. "I'm insanely shorter than him. I'm a caustic, sarcastic, quick witted, acid tongued bitch. I'm not the dating type, Brian."

"And he's an insane, weird spazoid, but what's that got to do with anything? You two are good together. And the fact that he actually hung around this morning, talked to you, proves that. He's usually the type that makes them leave after, just so he doesn't have to talk to them. You need to wake up and see what's right in front of your face, girl."

I hold my tongue through this. Allie's told me a million times that she doesn't date, because she eats guys alive. Personally, I think it's a front. I think she's so scared of getting hurt that she pretends to come off aloof and unfeeling, getting her jollies wherever she wants.
But I know the truth and I know she likes Jimmy. I know she does. Even if she won't admit it to herself yet.

As Brian finishes his speech, he falls silent, sipping his tea and lighting another cigarette. Zack's silent as well, though he and Brian seem to be speaking volumes with their eyes. So it's not only girls that do it.

I shake my head, forcing my ADD to calm and focus on the situation at hand. Allie finally clears her throat to speak. "Brian. I don't want to date him because I'm afraid I'd break him. He's amazing, he really is. But I don't want to be the girl who broke his heart and turned him into a bitter son of a bitch."

"He's stronger than you think, Alls. Maybe you just need to give him a chance."

With that, Brian disappears back into the house and Zack gives me a warm smile. "Thanks for the tea."

I smile lightly and watch as he goes into the house. Turning to Allie, I see a thoughtful expression on her face and then look down into my mug at the dregs of my tea. I can tell she's thinking over Brian's words and the last thing I want to do is interrupt that and maybe change her mind.

Or maybe changing her mind is exactly what I wanted.

I sigh and glance back at her. "I'm hungry. I'm gonna make some french toast and defend my damn title to the death."

That makes her laugh and she follows me into the house. During breakfast, we turn on the radio and dance, not giving one bit of a fuck when the others wake and grumble about having hangovers, especially Mel, who sees a strange man out of the house and then gives us all a look of simpering satisfaction.

"Well. Last night was fun" she purrs, heading back up to the room.

Allie and I only look at each other and begin laughing. "What a bimbo," she sighs, leaning across the counter. "Are you going to make hashbrowns?"

"Allie," I sigh, "Hashbrowns are for mornings where I actually feel like cooking, where I'm trying to win someone over or get what I want. I'm not trying to do any of those things. So no."

Allie rolls her eyes. "Whatever. I'm going to take a shower."

I only nod and watch as she exits.

The front door opens, bringing Jimmy and I smile warmly. "Hey Jims."

"Hey Beej. Where is everyone?"

"Everyone who matters? Living room, cept Allie. She's in the shower." Jimmy nods and then I clear my throat. "Where did you go?"

"For a walk. I needed to clear my head."

I nod. "We all talked to her. Well, me, Brian and Zack. Well, Brian."

"Yeah," Jimmy asks and I can tell he's trying to hide his extreme interest in the subject. "Well?"

"I don't know. She's thinking it over, and you won't get an answer out of her till she's good and ready. All you'll do is piss her off."

Jimmy nods. "Noted. So whatcha makin there, love?"

"French toast. Apparently, the bitch in the shower thinks yours is better than mine. I'm sorry, I've been cooking all my life. I refuse to believe a boys cooking is better than mine."

Jimmy laughs. "Honestly, I'm not that great. I got lucky this morning."

I laugh slightly. "It kind of matters and it kind of doesn't, actually. I don't know. Cooking is one of the only things I'm really good at."

"Yeah? What else you good at?"

I laugh, thinking over the rather short list. "I'm pretty decent at writing, I guess. And if reading was a skill, I'd be the master of it."

Jimmy laughs. "What else?"

I shrug. "Nothing really. I don't know any instruments. I can't sing. I can't read music. I can't do sports. Really, the only things I'm good at is cooking and writing. Guess my husband's shit out of luck if he wants someone talented," I joke, turning back to the pan.

Jimmy surprises me by sliding his arm around my shoulders in a one-armed hug. "You're a brilliant friend. The way you're always looking out for Allie. Anyone can see that you care about her and will cut off a guys nuts for fucking with her. And your mothering instinct makes you a good caretaker. You like to take care of people, cook for them and everything. You love with all your heart. It's all or nothing and when it's all, it's fierce and loyal. You give people chances, even when they don't give you one. Any guy would be lucky as hell to get you, babe." Another surprise as he bends and kisses my cheek and the tears well behind my eyes, though I'm not sure why.

I drop my spatula and turn to give the taller man a full hug. He chuckles and wraps his long arms around me, hugging me back gently but warmly. I breathe in his manly smell and murmur, "Thanks Jimmy," against his shirtfront.

"No problem. Telling the truth is what I do best," he breathes into my hair and I chuckle slightly, reaching up to dash away the tears even as they overflow. I pull back and then stand on tiptoes to kiss his jaw, which is the only part of his cheek I can reach.

"You're an amazing guy, Jims."

"Thanks Beej," he says, grinning that grin that I'm learning belongs only to him, the one that's so perfect and makes warmth flood you.

I only smile and turn back to the stove. "So, I know you already ate, but do you want some?"

"I may be skinny as hell, but I'm always hungry. Hell yeah I want some."

I chuckle softly and nod. "Alright. Will you go let everyone know that it's done," I ask as I flip the last piece of french toast onto a plate and turn off the eye, sitting the pan into the sink.

"Sure thing."

I hear him go into the living room and tell everyone that I made breakfast and when the five boys descend on the kitchen, I'm glad I put some up for Hazi and Allie. Bitch Mel can fend for herself.

After breakfast, I packed up my car to go to work and worked a few hours before I had to be at the boardwalk to work with Allie and Hazi at the beach shop, which was funner than I thought it would be.

We ended up hanging around in the air conditioning since the day was so hot and not many people ventured in.

When we made it back to the house, it was late afternoon and I immediately showered, wondering what Allie wanted to do tonight, asking her such as I dressed in our room.

She shrugged. "Dunno, chica. I think everyone's going out again."

I shrugged. "You want to? I'm not leaving you here by yourself?"

Allie rolled her eyes. "Beej. I'm a big girl. Tie my own shoes and everything."

I tossed my wet towel at her. "Bitch. You goin or not?"

She shrugged, tossing the towel back. "Yeah. Guess I could."

I grinned and nodded. "Alright. What do you think about me wearing a dress this time?"

Allie thought a moment. "That black one?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Think it might be too hot?"

She shook her head. "Nah. It'll look good."

I grinned and straightened my hair first, doing my makeup next before sliding on my dress, searching around till I found appropriate shoes and jewelry.

Sitting on my bed to wait for Allie, I wondered what tonight would bring and hoping it would turn out better than last night had.

When she was finally dressed, we headed downstairs, grinning at the cat-calls that came from the boys in the living room. "Shut up, we know we're hot," I grinned, walking into the kitchen to grab a beer. I didn't feel like blending a bunch of shit tonight.

Heading into the living room with my beer, I sat on the edge of the couch, laughing when Allie sat on my knee, the arm that wasn't holding my beer sliding around her. "So who are we waiting on?"

"Mel and Hazi," Korynn replied, sipping her own glass of alcohol.

I rolled my eyes. "I guess we can wait."

Allie smirked at my obvious dislike for Mel, considering I was the type of person to give everyone a million and a half chances. I rolled my eyes. "Wipe that grin off your face, bitch."

Allie's brows arched. "Or what, skank?"

I let my knees give out slightly, causing her to almost fall. "Or I'll drop you. Or bite you. Whichever."

Allie grinned wider, elbowing my ribs. "Careful. I like that."

"She does," Jimmy piped up, and I couldn't help but dissolve into giggles.

Allie threw an annoyed look over her shoulder. "Bitch, shut the fuck up or I'll cut your goddamn leg in half with my assbone." As if to prove it, she moved, making her bones dig into my thigh.

I yelped and gripped her waist, nails digging into her tee shirt. "Cunt, I will not hesitate to drop your ass."

Allie chuckled and just leaned back against me with a sigh. I rolled my eyes, taking another sip of my beer.

If Mel hadn't come down before Hazi, she'd have been a left bitch, but finally, Hazi joined us and we headed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit, sorry it took me so long to crank this one out. I'll try to make it shorter till my next update.