Status: Occasionally updated. Not too often.

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

In You, I Confide

She stayed silent, waiting for me to begin talking. I didn't know how to start.

I sighed, “Well, my...my best friend, Jimmy...we lost him in December. Um, he was the drummer for our band, too.” Hopefully she isn't some fan girl. If she didn't know who I was before, she'll definitely know now.

She raised an eyebrow, and then her jaw dropped, “Oh my God, I'm so sorry...I really really wish I never brought it up at the coffee shop.” She sounded sincerely sorry about it.

I shook my head, “No, it's fine. You didn't know...”

She quickly embraced me in a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder.

She told me, “If you need to cry, you can.”

I held in my sobs. “I'm...I'm f-” There I gave up, and just let it all out. She ran her fingers through my hair, comforting me in the best way she could. Her chin was rested lightly on my shoulder, and I could feel some tears of her own falling on my shirt. We pulled from our hug, and she wiped the tears streaming down my face with her thumb. She gave me a comforting smile, and it really did make me feel better.

Breaking our silence, she asked, “So, you're in Avenged Sevenfold, hmm?”

“Yeah...lead guitarist,” I replied. “Synyster Gates.”

She smirked, “Makes sense. There's no way you could have a normal job with all of these tats.”

I nodded. She kept her eyes on me, observing everything about me. She had the curious sense to her. “So, do you finally wanna talk? About, well, everything that's been going on?”
I thought about it for a second. I guess it could help me to talk about it. This is the kind of comfort I've needed. I took and seat in the sand and she sat beside me. “Well, it's all...just really confusing. We still don't know how it happened... I have so many unanswered questions... I have so much...so much I want to tell him... He-he wrote this song three days before it happened, saying good-bye to us... It's scary...it's like he knew...,” I took in a deep breath and continued, “He wants us to find our own way without him here...and I...I just don't think I can...,” By this point, my head was in my hands and Allison had her hand placed on my shoulder, as another form of comfort. “I've felt even more bad, because...my ex Michelle broke up with me a few days before, because she was cheating on me...and now, I've really had no one to comfort me at all...all of the guys have their girls...I have...I have no one, really...” I let a single tear fall.

I looked up at Allison, whose arms were wrapped around me, and he head was rested on my shoulder. “Brian, you have someone now,” she told me.

I was astonished. “Really? You barely even know me, and I barely even know you.”

She sighed, “We can get to know each other. You need someone in your life, I'm here and willing. You seem like a great person, Brian.”

I smiled at her, “Thank you, Allison. You have no idea how much I need this.”

She grinned, “Well, I guess I'll see you at the coffee shop tomorrow?”

“Yeah, you will,” I replied.

She grinned, getting up, “If you need to talk again, I'll meet you here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
10 subscribers, awesome :)
Thanks to MsSynnieVengeance and Smanah!! for commenting.
It means so much to me to receive comments <3