Status: Occasionally updated. Not too often.

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

True As Can Be

(January 14, 2010)

I awoke from the best sleep I've had since the 28th. It wasn't perfect, but it was an improvement. I still woke up from a nightmare, panting and sweating, but only once this time around. I didn't cry myself to sleep, as I had been doing, either. I swear, it's that Allison girl.

I took a quick shower, then dried off my black hair which I haven't been spiking like I usually did. I really don't care how I look right now. There's more important things on my mind than my hair. I put on some jeans, a random Metallica shirt and some shoes, then I was walking off to the coffee shop.

The cool air hit me in the face, just like it did the last time I walked out here at 6am. Just as I expected, Allison was sitting at a table, staring outside. When she saw me, she stood up and welcomed me with a hug as I entered the coffee shop. “Hey, Brian. So, the usual?”

I nodded, “Yeah, that'll be good.” I still didn't sound like myself. I still had that sad sound in my voice. Then again, I should. I'm not gonna pretend that I'm not as depressed as ever right now. She set my cup on the table and sat across from me, the same look of concern on her face as she examined me.

She questioned, “How are you feeling?”

I shrugged, “Usual...kinda shitty.”

She sort-of half-frowned, “I wish I knew how to make you feel better...I wanna help you...”

I looked her in the eyes and took her hand, “You're helping me out by just being here for me. It's gonna take a long time before I go back to normal, just so you know.”

“I know, but...I don't know. I wish I could make you feel better now,” she replied. She truly cared. I don't think I've ever met anyone as sincere as her. “I don't wanna see you like this.”

“Allison, I love how kind you are. You honestly care,” I told her. “Thank you.”

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and she smiled. “It's not a problem at all, Brian.”

I kept her hand in mine, because it felt comforting to hold her hand. “Thank you for letting me talk to you last night... I had the best sleep I've had since the day he...yeah.”

“It was no problem at all, Brian,” she told me.

I questioned, “Can we do that again later?”

She nodded, with another one of her smiles, “Of course. At...seven?”

“That sounds good,” I replied, returning her smile with another smile.

She asked, “How are the rest of the guys doing?”

“About as bad as me,” I told her, about to take another sip of my coffee, but it was empty.

“Well, I'm gonna head out. See you tonight at seven.”

“See ya, Brian,” she said, giving me a tight hug before I left the shop.

I walked down the street with a somewhat happy smile. I felt relieved.

I now have a confidant, someone I can go to when I feel like shit and need someone to comfort me.

More importantly, I have a new true friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you guys think of Allison so far?

Well, I did this author's note for one main reason.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/forever1/
Please check this out. I, and many others, obviously, believe that Jimmy deserves to be inducted. Jimmy was, and still is, loved by all fans out there, his essence will never die in our hearts. We don’t just want this for him just because he was an amazing drummer, singer and songwriter, but because he was and will always be an inspiration for millions foREVer.
xox, Livvy