Stitched

One

Crunch, crunch, crunch...

The fallen dead leaves fall victim to the bottom of my feet. The mud stuck to the sides of my shoes. Alas it is the only short cut to The Pirate's Cove. Just thinking about the place got me sending chills of excitement down my body. This will be my big break. Forget windows, I know this is the final door to stardom. My singing career will most definitely shoot off. Yet, I just wish I could have found a ride, but my friends are busy. It's because they are envious of my talent. Maybe they are waiting for me, planning a huge party. I like parties.

I hummed the tune to my depute, 'practice makes perfect', that's what my mother use to say. I am perfect now. I check my watch, only 20 minutes until I was due on stage. I was at least a mile away, so I start to jog. Lucky me its cool outside so none of that nasty sweat business will go on. I'm already beautiful with my long blond hair and chocolate eyes. I just would rather not stink when my fans hug me. Everything will be perfect, why wouldn't it be? I'm Jessica, I'm perfect.

The sky grew dim, a pair of headlights appears behind me. I pray they will give me a lift. I had to be on time. Who couldn't resist picking me up anyway, a flash here or there of my breasts can get me anywhere.

Sticking out my thumb I start to run towards the vehicle. Slowing, the black Ford stops, idling in front of me. The windshield's tint is too dark by the state's law, it creeps me out. I ignore my instincts and quickly pace to the passenger window. As it rolled down I jerk in surprise. I know that face, I will always know that face.

It's my ex boyfriend from Jr. High, Christopher. I called him Chrisi when we were younger because he was so small. Not anymore, Chris has to have grown three feet since I've seen him our Senior year. He now had his black hair covering most of his face with the same intruding green eyes and big smile.

"Hey Jessica," Chris said expressively. He got out opening the door for me. "Hop in, I was just about to go see you at the bar." I try to climb into his large truck, having a hard time with the step. Chris picks me up like a child and sat me into the seat. This is no surprise, that was usual for him. He hardly let me do anything by myself when we dated.

I gather my bag and crush it against my chest, the rhythm of my heart so irregular It might fly out.

"Thanks, Chrisi. I am going to be late so can you drive fast?" I ask. When I turn around to see his answer there was Chris staring right into my eyes, his face still. I feel my heart skip a beat, he is really creepy now. "Um.." I mumble, not sure on how to react.

Chris grins, his teeth are yellow from neglect. "Let me strap you in for safety." I could not help but notice his hands were shaking horribly and they wonder too close for comfort. I turned my head to out the window, I did not want to look at him any more. Before long his breathing starts to become irregular, too fast.

"You do not know how much this means to me to see you again." I scrunch up my nose, he smells awful. I wish he would just drive. I don't have time for nonsense.

Chris finally sits back in his seat and steps on the gas, humming 'Singing In The Rain'. The memory sent chills down my spine. He only knew the song from off A Clockwork Orange, a horrible movie he made me watch. The lead character, Alex, raped women while he sang that song and even killed them. Chris just humming was enough to freak me out. There is something wrong with him now.

In the corner of my eye I noticed something in the back of the truck. It was pile of thin fishing rope, duct tape, a strange black box and a shovel. I felt sick, I knew he was weird, he always was, and he was always strange when he heard me sing. Who knows what he would be doing with those things. There is nothing to explain those items in the back of his truck. Chris noticed me using the mirror to look more. He reaches over and places his hand on my leg. His hand drifts up, immediately I push it away.

Then Chris started twitching, at first it looks like its from anger. Now I think its from excitement. He holds a bizarre smirk on his face, using the same hand to rub through his hair and face. I had enough then, not only was it creepy but I have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Stop, now. I want out." Chris grunts which only made me louder, "I WANT OUT NOW!" I scream and went to go for the door handle.

Only there was not one, it had to have been pulled off or something. Franticly I scratch at where it should be, fear rising up from inside me. It had to be there, maybe I missed it or my crying has blurred my vision too much. Chris laughs, it sounds something between a witch's crackle and a pig's squeal. "Looking for this, babe?" He almost cooed and holds up the broken door handle.

A scream rose up, I let it go full force as I try to unbuckle myself to get away. The back seat's doors had to work. Chris kept laughing, driving faster and faster. We had to be going 20 miles beyond the limit. Before I could jump in the back, he slams his foot on the brake. I could see every inch he took as he shot down his leg to stop. The grin on his face as the car stops and I do not. Like being hit by professional boxer, I soar forward, hitting the windshield hard. I was facing backward luckily and did not go through, well entirely. Rhythms of pain ran though my nerves starting at the back of my head. Tiny shards of pain were pulsing in my arms and back, the wind knocked out of me. Gasping for air I try to cry out for help. I fell forwards, into the seat, my cries being muffled. The bar is right in front of us. If only someone was outside... If someone could only see. Tears sting my eyes as the pain continues to grow with every beat of my heart.

boom..Boom..BOOM.

"Awe, Jessica, you broke my windshield."

I start to see spots, everything around me spinning. I clutch something to try to get it to stop moving. There is something warm tickling down my face. I think its blood. Seconds later when I opened my eyes Chris welcomes me. I saw through his eyes, into his black soul, seeing his plans. "Why?" I asked as he took out a green cloth and placed it over my mouth. He put his finger to his lips. I tried to get in a few breaths but it was smothering me. I got a good breath and a rush of numbing air enters my lungs. My breathing became harder and I felt light headed.

"It's okay, babe. Just sleep..."

I tried to protest, but the blackness invaded my being and left me limp. The only thing I can see is the stardom I cannot touch now. The last thing I saw was Chris reaching for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think :)