We Never Wanted It To Be This Way

If...

I grasped onto the side of the couch for support and hoisted myself up, feeling the need for coffee.

“Yo Jazz. Coffee me!” I called out before walking towards the bathroom.

I groaned as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I looked like shit.

I had dark circles around my eyes, making the total lack of sleep noticeable to the whole world. I looked paler than before, my hair was a total mess, and was in need of a good wash, and I could see a huge pimple starting to come up on my right cheek.

I quickly splashed some cold water on my face before walking out into the main area of our bus.

“It’s on the bench.” Jazz said; her back turned to me.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, sitting down on one of the bar stools and took a sip of my steaming hot coffee.

I buried my head in my hands on the bench top. Desperately wanting sleep but fighting it at the same time.

Anything to stop that image from being in my head again. Anything.

“We have an interview at twelve, so you better be ready.” Jazz said, turning to look at me.

I lifted my head of the counter and took her in.

She had short dirty blonde hair that was cut about four centimeters from her shoulders. It was cut in a messy layers kinda way. She had icy blue eyes that shot daggers into you; they were that pretty. She stood at about five foot eight, with long legs, and round curves in all the right places. The bitch is perfect.

The bitch is also my best friend.

“What’s the interview for this time?” I asked.

“Some magazine I think. Not sure. But Jack is coming around soon, so he can fill us in then.” Jazz shrugged.

“Oh, and apparently he has a surprise for us.” Jazz said happily.

As if on cue, in came Jack, flying through the door with a huge clipboard.

“Morning cherry blossoms!” Jack yelled.

Jack Williams. Our band manager. Perfectly tanned skin, dark brown hair with sparkling straight white teeth. If I didn’t say so myself, he was quite good looking. But he had a girlfriend, and he was our manager. Beyond weird.

I grunted a reply and felt a warm hand on my bare shoulder.

“How are you coping?” Jack asked kindly.

“Why does everyone ask that?” I asked angrily, standing up and beginning to walk off.

“Because we all see through you and know that something is wrong even though that you pretend that there isn’t.” Jazz answered.

“I’m fine. Really. I am.” I assured quietly.

“You sure?” Jack asked softly.

I nodded my reply and sat back down.

“Where are the others. I have some news about our next tour.” Jack said, looking around frantically.

“Bed, shower and outside.” I replied lifelessly and pointing frantically in different directions.

“Well tell them to hurry up, I can’t stay for long.” Jack said, taking a seat on one of the black leather couches.

“Sommer! Kat! Hannah! Get your fucking arses out here now! Band meeting!” I yelled loudly.

Yeah, I’m in a band. If you haven’t realized already. We were known only to a handful of people here and there, but not to the point of doing big sold out arenas and TV and crap like that. We were still a back up band mostly. And I think I liked it like that.

Our band name you’re wondering? Barbie Doll Suicide. Pretty cool name huh? It’s different as well; I guess that’s why I like it so much.

Right now, we were touring with a band called In The Line Of Fire. They’re these four guys in a pop rock kinda band. They’re pretty cool and really sweet to us.

In a matter of minutes, the small main area of our bus was filled up quite nicely.

I looked around.

These people are my family; I wouldn’t be anyone without these people. I owe them my life.

Across from me sat Sommer Jane Meadows. She’s the singer in our band, and she has one hell of a voice.
She has long blonde hair with a large stripe of pink on the left side of her hair. She’s pale, but not too pale, and she has deep blue eyes that sparkled in the light. She was what you would consider short. Her sense of style was something different to what I would wear. But I guess that’s what makes us click with each other, we all have different tastes.
She is a girly girl. Not over-the-top girly girl. But compared to us, she is the girlish one out of us.

Beside me, sat Ellen Jasmine Helper. Or Jazz, as she liked to call herself, as for some reason, she both hated the names Ellen and the name Jasmine. She is the lead guitarist in our band. Her sense of style is; I’m not even sure what to call her sense of style. Her style was her own style. We liked to call it ‘Jazz style.” As I mentioned before, she is my best friend. Been there for me for all the good times and the bad times. She means a lot to me that girl does.

Sat next to Jazz was Kat Ann Moore, our bassist. How could I describe Kat? Well, first of all, she has kinda a blood red hair colour and is cut just below her ear with blue eyes. She has a few freckles here and there around her nose and on her cheeks. Kat is an average shaped girl. Curves, with the right amount of ‘flab’. The black thin strapped tank top she was wearing showed off her couple of tattoos. A huge bleeding red rose on the back of her right shoulder blade and a cross covering her right wrist.

Sitting in the middle of the floor, leaning against the wall was our rhythm guitarist Hannah White. Long, straight brown chocolate hair that just covered her breasts. Her eyes always seemed to change colour, which is a bit odd I guess. But seriously, one day they’ll be hazel, and the next they’ll be brown, or green. It’s crazy. But strangely beautiful. Hannah was still in her pajamas, which was a small shirt with a pair of short shorts that had numerous monkeys riding clouds printed on them.

And as for me, I am Pixie Rose Knight. I was what you would label ‘emo’ or ‘goth’. So liked black? What’s the harm in that? It was a particularly hot day today, so I decided on a black pair of shorts with a pair of fish net tights underneath and a Green Day shirt. I am the drummer in our band and was considered the ‘life of the band’. It would be pretty safe to say I’m quite an energetic one. I had a few tattoos myself, a small bat that covered the inside of my right wrist, along with a group of small stars on my inner left arm, along with a skull on my back on the left side. I also had a lip piercing.

“Okay. So first thing is first, we’ll talk about the interview. All of you’s are going to some café and some underground magazine is going to interview you. Understand?” Jack explained.

We all nodded simultaneously.

“Now, for some good news. We all know that this tour is ending soon.” Jack said.

“In a week.” Hannah mumbled unhappily. I think she might have a thing for one of the guys in the band.

“In a week. But it also turns out you have been requested to support another band straight after this one.” Jack smiled.

“Who is it?” I asked nervously.

Jack smiled widely before answering. “My. Chemical. Romance.”

My eyes widened as I squealed.

“My Chemical Romance?! You got us fucking a gig with My Chemical Romance?!” I screamed breathlessly.

Jack nodded, still smiling broadly.

“Like, Vampires Will Never Hurt You, My Chemical Romance?” I asked, wanting to make sure I was hearing right.

“Am I hearing this right?!” I asked hysterically.

“Yes Pixie, you are.” Jack laughed.

I started to fake a hyperventilating process.

Oh, and a little fact you should know. I’m a huge fan of this small little band called My Chemical Romance. No biggie right? BESIDES THE FACT THAT WE WERE GOING TO BE TOURING WITH THEM!!

“Oh my god. We’re going to opening for My Chemical Romance! MCR PIXIE! MCR!!” Jazz said loudly.

I stood up and started running around in circles while squealing quietly.

“Jack!” I said happily and dove onto him.

“How the fuck did you get us a tour with My Chemical Romance?” I asked.

Hannah, who was still leant against the wall, was quietly chanting ‘MCR’. As Kat gave a shocked expression.

Okay, so it was safe to say well are all fans of My Chemical Romance.

“I actually have no idea. Their manager called me up and asked me if you were available from the 19th of June till the 21st of September.” Jack replied.

“Did he say why he wanted us?” Sommer asked, smiling.

“Yeah. He said he liked the way you sounded and that-“ Jack said, cutting himself off.

“That what?” I asked, calming down a bit and sitting back down to my original spot.

He leant over and whispered something in Jazz’s ear.

Jazz giggled and wrapped her arms around me tightly so I was unable to move and covered my mouth with her hand.

The rest of the band gave strange looks towards our way.

“He wanted you’s because the band thought it would be awesome if you guys got to open for them.” Jack explained professionally as I fought against Jazz’s hand to squeal.

“So when do we start?” Sommer smiled happily.

“The first date of the tour is scheduled for the 19th of June in New York. But you will be meeting up with the band tomorrow at nine to get to know each other first.”

And at that point, I forgot most of my troubles and screamed.

We were opening for My Chemical Romance. My Chemical Romance.

If Phoebe were here, she’d bitch slap me the second she found out and demanded she tagged along with us for the whole tour.

The key word if that sentence being ’if’