Status: Complete

6:00 A.M.

A Nikki Sixx One Shot

Image

There comes a point in everyone's lives when they're told that what they are doing is wrong.

Sometimes this information can come from family or friends, but mostly, it comes from parents. And instead of grounding you, or yelling, they simply tell you that they're disappointed in you. And that, hurts so much more.

I use to tell my mom everything. We were so close. But now I'm like a closed book. I don't share what I'm feeling or thinking. I keep her teetering on the edge of the cliff, knowing that the gentlest breeze of information could send her either way.

Up until this point, I'd lived my entire life making sure that everyone around me was happy. If dad wanted me to help him out with his job, which was teaching horseback riding lessons to young children, I did. If mom needed me to make supper because she wouldn't be home on time, I did. If my siblings needed to be somewhere at a certain time, I took them. When my granparents needed help, I headed off to their house to stay with them for a few days. Friends would call on me in the middle of the night, and I'd be the one sneaking out the ground window in the house to go make sure they were okay in person. Teachers wanted me to tutor others because I seemed to have that touch. And never once had I turned any of them down. Hell, I even began working with victim services in the hopes that I could help more people out.

At the time I never thought about anything like Karma. But right now, I'm wondering where the hell it is. After helping everyone out for nearly twenty three years of my life, I figured that at least someone would back off my case, or at least try to understand it.

But the 'problem' they claim I have, isn't a simple one.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep hiding this from everyone."

I glanced over at Frank Feranna. Or at least that use to be his name. In his late teens, he changed it legally to Nikki Sixx. A name that was now synonymous with sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. And rightfully so.

"I want everyone to know how much I love you." He stepped closer to me and pressed me up against one of the wooden stalls in my father's Equine barn. I couldn't do anything but smile when he was this close to me. He had powers that made me speechless. He knew how to make my body quiver with the gentlest touch. And my heart thudded to the beat of something along the lines of Dr. Feelgood whenever I see him step out of his vehicle every morning. Because that's exactly what he did. He made me feel good. Not just physically, but emotionally. I was in love with a legend. And it had nothing to do with the fame. I saw Nikki beyond his image, and contrary to popular belief, he was quiet and timid, and incredibly emotionally connected with everything around him.

"I wish we could to but - " I was cut off midsentence as I grabbed onto the pinstripe suit jacket he was wearing over top of a black vintage tshirt. A jacket I'm sure came from his new clothing label.

"But your parents would pitch a fucking fit, I know." he replied calmly, pressing his lips to my forehead in a gentle kiss.

At twenty four years old, I was dreaming, kissing, sleeping with, and longing to be with a man who was forty nine years old. A man who'd seen and lived every inch of life, from the deepest darkest place, to where he is now.

"So I'll take what I can get." He smiled at me, his lips tugging up at the corners revealing the dimples I loved so much. His sparkly eyes surrounded by black make-up searched my own before he pressed his lips to mine, tangling his fingers into my hair and shielding my skull from hitting the wood as he pressed me harder into the stall door.

My arms sunk into his jacket and wrapped around his waist, pulling him tighter against me. His hips collided with mine and I couldn't do anything but shiver in need. I longed for a bed. His bed, my bed, fuck, any bed would do. Just something other than against the wall, or in the hay.

He pulled his lips from mine and I whimpered in protest. "Fuck, I can't do this anymore."

My eyes shot open and locked with his. He couldn't do 'this' anymore? Those were the last words I expected to hear out of his mouth especially after his little I love you and need to show you to the world rant.

"You can't do this anymore?" I questioned even though I was scared of the answer, and it must have shown in my face because he chuckled.

"Not this as in us. I meant that I should be laying you down in a bed of silk sheets. Not into the fucking hay."

Again, he'd read my mind.

I sighed and leaned in, pressing my forehead to his chest as he pulled me into his body. My mother, along with a few friend's were the only ones who knew that Nikki and I had a thing. She told me how she thought it was disgusting, and how I'd let her down. She even threatened to talk to Nikki. If she had, he wasn't telling me. She did everything in her power, short of going to the press (for my sake), to make sure that she'd stomped on the ember of love before it turned into a roaring blaze. Little did she know, that by the time she'd learned about it, it was already a fire out of control.

"What the hell is wrong with me? I mean, I'm not a little kid. I shouldn't be worried about what my mother thinks of us. I love you, and I want everyone to be happy for us." I locked eyes with him, looking for a hint in some form or another giving me the go ahead.

"Layna. I know that if you do that, you'd forever be upset with yourself. I want your parents to accept us too. But not at the cost of your happiness."

There he went again. God I couldn't ever imagine my life without him.

"I want you to do something for me." He released my body and thrust his hand into his jeans pocket and produced something that took my breath away.

"Nikki - " I stuttered as he grabbed onto my left hand and turned it so my palm was down.

"I want you to wear this," he whispered softly.

Again, I'd been reduced to just nodding my head as he slipped the diamond encrusted watch onto my wrist and did up the buckle. It was gorgeous.

"This way, you'll be able to watch the time, we spend together. And anticipate the time until we're together again."

That did it, my heart melted and I started to cry.

I was able to mutter "I love you so much," before he crushed me against his body in a loving embrace.

"I love you too," he whispered into my hair. "And when you're ready. I wanna talk marriage."

I stayed in his arms a few more moments, regaining my composure, and just taking in his scent to lock away in my memory. I kissed his chest through his T-shirt then stepped back a little and glanced up at him. His big black sunglasses were nearly undetectable as they sat atop his head in the mass of jet black hair.

"Mmm, I'm definately looking forward to that day," I whispered against his lips. He smiled and kissed me softly.

"Dad!"

He broke our kiss first and glanced down the barn alleyway to the light at the entrance to the outside world.

"Yeah, Gunner?" he spoke loud enough so that his voice would echo down the hall.

I stepped back out of his embrace and smiled as his son, Gunner came around the corner with a horse in tow. His daughter, Storm and other son, Decker weren't too far behind either, each with their own horses.

Acting innocently I turned and grabbed onto the pitchfork I'd had in my hands before Nikki found me in the barn, like he did every morning.

"I jumped for the first time today!" Gunner said excitedly as he neared his father.

Nikki smiled lovingly at his children. "That's awesome bud." He reached out and ran his fingers through his son's hair as my father came around the corner and entered the barn.

"Mr. Sixx." he greeted Nikki professionally and offered his hand when he was close enough. Nikki shook it firmly. "Your children are doing fantastic," my father beamed. Horses were his life, and he loved being able to introduce them into someone else's.

"I see you've met my daughter, Layna." My father smiled and turned to me. "She works for victim services, but helps me out here every morning."

Nothing Nikki didn't already know.

"She seems like an amazing girl." Nikki smiled at me and I did everything I could to keep from buckling at the knees.

"The best." My father patted me on the back. "Layna, would you help Mr. Sixx's kids with the horses. I would like to discuss with him their progress, and possibility of having them start to compete."

I nodded. "Sure dad."

"Thanks sweetheart. Mr. Sixx, my office is this way." My father began walking further down the hall.

My eyes locked with Nikki's and he whispered 'I love you' before following my father down the hall.

Unable to do more, I turned my attention to his children, hoping that some day, I'd be able to call them my own, and they'd be able to accept me.

After we had the tack put away, the horses groomed and safely back in their stalls I walked with the kids down the hall to my father's office. The kids continued on their way outside and I headed into the office. Nikki was seated in the chair across from dad's desk laughing at something he'd said.

"Oh Layna." My father perked up as I entered the room. "Your work phone just went off."

"What does that mean?" Nikki asked trying not to sound to concerned with my personal life.

"It means that Victim Services needs me." I picked up my phone and called the office.

"Hopefully it's nothing too gruesome this time," my dad muttered before looking at Nikki. "She sees things that no one should ever see."

I glanced at Nikki and locked eyes with him. Those eyes told me they'd seen much, much more.

"Well I should get going," Nikki pushed himself up out of his chair and shook my dad's hand again, "or I won't have those kids to school on time."

By the time I'd hung up and made it outside, Nikki had his kids loaded into his black mercedes and was climbing into the driver's seat with his back to me.

"He's a hell of a nice guy." Dad approached me from behind and stood at my side.

I nodded, if only he knew.

I glanced from the black car barreling down our gravel road way, the dust rolling out from beneath the wheels, to my new watch.

"Where'd you get that?" he asked me, taking note of what I was doing.

I smiled and dropped my arm to my side. "I bought it the other day." I stood on my tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. "I have to go. They need me at the hospital."

"Alright." He stayed put and watched me walk towards my car. "Hey when are you gonna bring this new guy home?"

I stopped and turned to look at him. "What makes you think there is a guy dad?"

He smiled and gestured towards me. "That watch sweetie. I know that you wouldn't buy it. Bring him by for supper sometime. I'll give him the pep talk."

That nearly made me laugh out loud, but I managed to hold it in. "I'll see you tomorrow morning dad." I turned around and continued on my way to my car.

Until everyone can understand that Nikki is the one that makes me truly happy, I guess I'll just have to look forward to 6:00 A.M for as long as it takes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading
<3