Man, That's Crazy!

"You're not supposed to be smiling."

Why Adam thinks avoiding Fazzi would be a great idea, he'll never know.

---

Fazzi knows when people are avoiding him.

And one Mr. Adam Lazzara is most definitely avoiding him.

Before school, he walks up to ask Adam a question, but Adam mumbles something and scurries away.

That’s not Adam behavior.

Usually, he would tackle Fazzi in a hug before talking a mile a minute about his music, the art paintings they created or whatever homework he wants to copy off of Fazzi. He doesn’t usually just turn the other way, and it makes Fazzi wonder if he personally did something wrong, which makes his heart give a weird little thump.

Maybe he caught something, is the first thing Fazzi comes up with. A couple of days ago, in Government, his head was pretty warm, but Fazzi didn’t want to alarm him by saying he was sick. He probably should have, though.

Throughout first period, Fazzi ponders all of the possibilities on why Adam is acting weird, but none are really valid.

---

During second period, Fazzi barely catches Adam before he leaves.

“Hey. You okay?” Fazzi asks softly, slightly curious and slightly heartfelt. Adam screws his eyes shut.

“I can’t—I have to go.” He mumbles and runs out of the room faster than Fazzi can say ‘anti-disestablishmentarianism’.

Watching Adam run away makes his chest feel like it’s been chainsawed to shreds, then torched. It’s painful, because he’s starting to get the sneaking feeling Adam’s acting weird because of him.

---

All day, Adam hasn’t been looking or speaking to him. He even goes so far as to turn the other direction if he sees Fazzi approach.

---

The next day, Adam still is avoiding him, and by lunch time, Fazzi’s not even trying to hide his depressed mood. He’s really starting to hate Wednesdays. He hits his head on the table, repeatedly, as soon as he hears Matt, John and Will’s laughter.

It seems that everyone in the world is happy but him.

“Hey, man.” Matt stops in front of him, kind of downed by Fazzi’s apparent sadness.

“What’s got you upset?” John slides in next to him.

“Nothing.”

“So, you’re looking like someone ate your puppy for nothing?” Will slides in on the other side.

“It’s nothing.” Fazzi shrugs. “Adam is just being weird...” He trails off. Will, Matt, and John glare at the mention of Adam’s name. Fazzi is always talking about Adam with a smile on his face, and for someone who supposedly makes Fazzi happy, he’s not doing a very good job.

“Something probably crawled up his ass and died.” Will shrugs, while John and Matt glare before smacking him in the head. “But he shouldn’t be avoiding you, because…yeah.” He stuffs food into his mouth to prevent further damage by talking.

“Yeah. You’re pretty smart-“ Matt starts.

“-And you’re easy on the eyes.”

Will and Matt just stare at John, who shrugs his shoulders in a ‘what?’ kind of manner, and Fazzi offers a small smile.

“Don’t forget those magical guitar skills.” Will wiggles his eyebrows and Fazzi’s smile gets bigger.

“You’re just a generally awesome person, and if Adam can’t realize that, he can jump off a bridge.” Matt finishes.

“Group hug.” Will yells, and the three clamber around the table to suffocate, and possibly kill Fazzi in a simple gesture of friendship

“Guys.” Fazzi’s says. “I’m good.”

“You need to feel the love.”

“I’m feeling stuff, but it’s not love.” Fazzi struggles to break free. “Someone’s groping my ass.”

They proceed to hug Fazzi tighter.

The bell rings, and while Fazzi and John go to their respective classes, Matt pulls Will aside.

“So, I’ve got a plan.”

---

Adam sighs, leaning against his locker. This whole “avoiding” thing isn’t really working out, and after he saw Fazzi’s unhappy face today, his heart practically died.

He closes his locker, and jumps when he catches sight of two boys right beside him.

“You’re Adam Lazzara, right?” One of the boys, tall and curly haired, asks.

“Uh,” Adam mumbles. “I don’t know you?”

“That’s not really important.” He waves his hand. “We-“

“Can you please just get your shit together, and tell Fazzi you’re madly in love with him?” The other boy, short with blue eyes, asks angrily.

“I don’t-“

“Because he’s madly in love with you too.” he finishes.

Adam stares at the brunette with a confused expression.

“We are talking about Matt Fazzi, right?”

“Yes we are, and I bet you didn’t know that because you’re too busy having your head stuck up your ass-“

“Matt.” The curly haired boy hisses.

“Will.” Matt [?] mimics.

“Anywho,” Will [?] rolls his eyes, “Fazzi kind of has a crush on you. As if it’s anything to go by, he talks about you since you’re the best thing since sliced bread.”

Adam narrows his eyes. “I don’t believe you.”

“You best believe.” Matt sighs. “We probably know more about you than you do.”

“It’s kind of annoying, really.” Will picks up. “The way he talks about you, and the big lovesick expression on his face. But, it makes for great blackmail—“

Matt elbows Will in the ribs. “Quiet.”

“Well, apparently, he’s all moody and depressed because you stopped talking to him?” Will states questioningly, rubbing his side.

“That’s can’t be him.” Adam shakes his head. “He’s like, the happiest dude I know.”

“You made him that way.” Matt mumbles, and Adam looks to the side.

“Fazzi being depressed is horrible. It’s just as bad as him being angry.” Matt nods.

“It’s like, witnessing a puppy getting killed.” Will adds in. Matt just looks at him weird.

“I didn’t know.” Adam says quietly.

“No, you didn’t, so we’re letting you know—“

“Fix it.” They both end simultaneously.

“And after you guys get together and have lots of babies or do whatever,” Will waves his hand, “We’re only going to say this once.”

“Do. Not. Fuck. With. Us. With Fazzi, more importantly.” Matt articulates. “Because if we ever find a Fazzi unhappy again—“

“And you’re the cause of it—“ Will interrupts.

“We will bash your face in with a rock.” Matt looks serious. “And find a legally plausible way of pulling off temporary insanity, when they find your body in a dumpster.”

Adam is kind of scared.

“So, we’re on the same page, right?”

“Yeah.” Adam squeaks out.

“Good. Have a nice day.” Matt smiles, and Adam all but runs out of the school.

Bash your face in with a rock. Seriously, Matt?”

“Well, it worked.”

---

Stray thoughts, and the terrors of getting his faced bashed in with a rock, Adam musters enough courage to go try and talk to Fazzi the next day.

His life depends on it.

---

“Um, hello.” Adam murmurs, nervously. He hasn’t talked to Fazzi in however many days, so he’s not sure what’s going to go down. But knowing Fazzi, he’d be lucky to get out alive with his face intact.

“So, you’re talking to me now?” Fazzi rolls his eyes and forces books into his locker. He’s going to try not to get mad, while also trying not to look into Adam’s big brown eyes, because he knows if he does, he’d forgive Adam in a heartbeat.

Adam takes a deep breath. “I’m sorry.”

“Well, I don’t accept your apology.” Fazzi snaps and walks down the hall, Adam jogging after him.

“Well, um, it’s kind of hard to explain—“

“What’s there to explain?” He yells. Adam flinches and takes a step back, because Fazzi’s a scary fucker when he’s angry.

“You ignore me. FOR THREE DAYS. And I’m over here breaking my back, trying figure out what the problem is, or if I did something to make you act like that, because I care about you, Adam.” Fazzi states. “You’re my best friend.”

“I really care about you too—“ Adam starts softly.

“Well, you have a funny way of showing it.” Fazzi then closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. “Maybe, if you told me what was bothering you or if I what I did...?”

“That’s the thing. I can’t really explain, because you’re part of it.” Adam says without thinking, and then watches the way Fazzi’s face falls. “No, that’s not what I meant.”

“Then say what you mean.”

“Well, you might have had a little part. Indirectly.” Adam mumbles. He needs to put his foot in his mouth, because his best efforts at trying not to make Fazzi livid aren’t working. Fazzi’s hands are shaking, and his cheeks are splotched that kind of red Adam would think is cute, if he wasn’t about to die. “It’s difficult to put into words and hard to get—“

“Then drop your shit, and make me get it!”

Adam glares at him, before shoving him into a locker, and meshing their lips together. When he pulls away, Fazzi’s just looking at him strangely.

“That’s kind of hard to put into words.” Fazzi awkwardly agrees, rubbing his shoulder where the locker dug into it.

“I didn’t—hurt you?” Adam looks at him concerned, putting a hand on top of the same shoulder Fazzi’s rubbing.

“I’m fine.” A small smile shines upon Fazzi’s face. “Do you want to tell me? From the beginning?”

“Yeah.” Adam nods, tightening his hand on Fazzi’s arm, before grazes their lips together again. “From the beginning.”

And Adam starts to talk, but it falls on deaf ears, as Fazzi stands there with this silly smile on his face. He vaguely catches mention of a sexual dream with him covered in chocolate and whipped cream somewhere, [His mind gives a little fangirl squeal, as weird as Adam's sexual fantasies are] and snaps out of his trance just as soon as Adam stops talking.

“And—“ Adam frowns. “And—you’re smiling. I just kissed you right now. You’re not supposed to be smiling, you’re supposed to—“

“You dumbass.” Fazzi yanks Adam’s face down and kisses him. Hard. “A simple, I like you would’ve worked just fine.” He mumbles against Adam’s lips. “And even if I didn’t, I still wouldn’t just run away. You’ve got to work on communication, Lazzara.” Fazzi sighs, but then does something really weird. He wraps his arms around Adam’s neck, and brings their faces really close together again.

Adam, now really confused, awkwardly pats Fazzi on the back and looks around, before he pinches himself.

Definitely not a dream.

Fazzi pulls away, chuckling a bit, before punching Adam really hard in the arm.

“The fuck was that for?”

“Don’t you ever ignore me again.” Fazzi looks at Adam pointedly. “I thought you started to—like—hate me or something.”

“Nah, I like you too much to do that.”

Fazzi just smiles, and they walk quietly towards the front gates, their hands brushing with each others every once in a while.

Adam doesn’t hesitate to grab Fazzi’s hand and lace theirs together.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Haven't done one of these in a while.