Status: Readers: 599; Subscribers: 136; Comments: 92 ; 10 stars!

It Was Only a Kiss

Retardedly Amazing

Sophie was rolling on the balls of her feet. Anxiety was getting the best of her at the moment, though she had done this a thousand times already. The only difference this time was her transformation.

Growing up, she had always been 'one of the boys'. Baggy jeans, Converse, LA Angels jerseys. During her four years in high school she had a wopping one boyfriend who lasted for a little over a month because Jimmy and Brian had scared him off. They always saw the potential of what she could be: a heartbraker. And if she wasn't such a sweetheart that's what she would be, however she's always been the one left heartbroken. Hence the protectiveness of Brian and Jimmy.

Today she was wearing something so drastically different than what they've always seen her in, she was afraid they might not recognize her. She had a black v-neck with a large skull printed on the front, black skinny jeans with small tears at the knee, heels, earrings and bangles. She was also wearing a thin line of eyeliner with mascara; make up used to be her sworn enemy.

Her reasoning behind her sudden change was that she was lonely. Random flings and one night stands were fun and all, but Sophie wanted something more than that. And if that meant prettying herself up a bit, so be it.

She bit down on her lip when she heard a booming voice; a voice she could pick out at a screamo concert with no problem. "Sophia Marie, where is my little girl?!"

"Jimbo!" Sophie screamed, jumping up and down while flailing her arms in the air.

Yeah, so much for not freaking out.

Jimmy rushed over and scooped her up in a bear hug. "Oh my God, I missed you so fucking much!" He shouted, tightening his grip on her.

"Jimmy I missed you too!" She said excitedly, feeling tears start to prick in her eyes. She hated going without seeing them for months and months at a time, so their first meeting back was always emotional for her.

"Soph!" Brian exclaimed, making the hug a three-way.

"Bri Bri! I missed the fuck outta you guys!" Sophia said. She was sure that they all looked retarded for standing in the middle of an airport screaming at each other while hugging, but that was their friendship: retardedly amazing.

After a few more moments Brian let go of the two, and they also seperated. "So. You look like, uh, a girl. What's up with that?" Jimmy asked, chuckling.

Sophie smiled and reached for Brian's hand. "I decided to cut off my balls and grow a vagina." She retorted simply as Brian gripped her hand and they started swinging their arms.

"Why?" He inquired, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because I decided that I wanted a boyfriend? And not, y'know, a dyke or something." She replied, chuckling. "But I'm still the same badass inside. Zilch has changed about my personality." She added hastily.

"Aw, we can tell." Brian laughed. "Well it's gonna be a pain in the ass dragging guys away from you all the damn time." He said, half serious and half jokingly.

"Eh, not really. I already have a boyfriend."

Both of their mouths dropped as they stared down at her. "And you didn't fucking tell us?" Jimmy finally asked in shock.

She shrugged. "I never get to talk to you for that long while you're touring," Sophie replied, her emotions springing up again, "and I guess it just never came up."

Brian squeezed her hand. "I hope you know we're going to scare him away." He said softly, grinning.

"Oh, c'mon Bri. I never scared any of your girlfriends off." They looked like they were about to disagree, so she added, "on purpose."

They chuckled and Jimmy ruffled her black hair. "Jesus. When we were in high school ninety percent of my girlfriends thought we had some crazy three-way relationship going on." He laughed. "Sometimes I didn't deny it just to see their reaction. It was so goddamn funny." Jimmy informed the two.

Brian started cracking up laughing, as did Sophie. "I did kiss Soph that one time." Brian said, chuckling. "Remember that?" He asked, directing the question towards her. She nodded, smiling. "She was so nervous about her movie date with that kid -"

"Kyle." She put in.

"-yeah, him. She was so nervous about going out with him because she was worried she'd freeze up if he tried to kiss her so I was like 'meh, fuck it you'll be fine' and kissed her." He laughed. "So technically, I so had a thing going on with Soph. You just never knew about it, Jimmy."

Jimmy laughed and pointed at Sophie. "You have Brian cooties!"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Do not! That was forever the fuck ago!" She replied.

Brian laughed. "Man, can't stand the thought, can ya, Soph?" He asked.

"Yeah Brian. Because you're repulsive." She said sarcastically. "It's just weird because it's, well, you. You're like my big, annoying, over-protective brother."

He smiled. "Hey! Why can't I be the annoying one?!" Jimmy exclaimed.

And with that, a whole new argument arose about who was more annoying, who was more over-protective and who was the scariest.