Status: Readers: 599; Subscribers: 136; Comments: 92 ; 10 stars!

It Was Only a Kiss

Much Better

The three were grinning as they laid on different pieces of furniture. Sophie was on the loveseat, her legs dangling over the armrest. Jimmy was laying on the couch, eyes planted to the television screen. Brian was on a bed of pillows he had made on the floor.

The Hangover was playing; it was the end of the movie with the montage of pictures from the night they couldn't remember.

"Boobies!" Jimmy exclaimed.

Brian and Sophie laughed. "Yeah Jimmy. I have 'em too." Sophie pointed out.

"Don't tell him that," Brian warned, "you know he'll try to feel." He finished with a laugh.

Sophie laughed and nodded. "Didn't even think about that. Thanks, Bri Bri." She said, nodding towards him.

"Chivalry isn't dead," was all Brian replied with.

Sophie chuckled at his statement. She then placed a finger on the tip of her nose. "Not it!" She exclaimed.

Brian immediately followed her. "Not it! Jimmy change the movie." He ordered.

"No fair!" Jimmy protested, not wanting to move from the couch, which he had almost sunk into. "I can't see what you guys are doing!"

Brian shrugged, looking up at him. "Too slow, the nose knows. Now change the movie." He said with a laugh.

"To what?" He sighed, standing up.

Brian looked at Sophie expectantly. "How about..." She paused for a long moment, trying to think of a good movie to follow The Hangover. "How about Kung Pow?" She finished, her face immediately brightening up.

If you have never seen Kung Pow: Enter The Fist, the first thing the trio would do is sit you down and force you to watch it. It's a dub on martial arts movies made by Steve Oedekerk. It is simply amazing.

At the name, Jimmy jumped up and quickly changed the movies, and after skipping through previews pressed play and laid back down.

Soon enough the three were locked into the movie and the plot, even though they had seen it a thousand times before. Then Sophie's phone rang. She immediately looked down and frowned; Jimmy noticed and gave her a sympathetic glance.

"Who is it?" Brian inquired, also looked over at her.

"James," she answered and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey baby sis! I just wanted to call and wish you a happy birthday." James said happily. "How's your day been?"

She sighed. "It's better now than it was earlier." Was all she said.

"Why? What happened?"

Sophie was a little surprised. He sounded like he actually gave a shit. In all honesty, she and James used to be close. Then he moved out when he turned eighteen and went to drugs and it fucked their relationship up. Talking to him was like talking to a zombie, but not today.

But today Sophie had gone through a lot of shit; though she didn't really know why, she was mad. And James suddenly seemed like the perfect person to vent to since he wouldn't remember even talking to her the next day.

"What the fuck, James?!"

Brian and Jimmy looked at each other nervously. They both knew Sophie had a bad temper; almost as bad as Brian's, if not equally.

"You basically fucking left me for nine fucking years and all of a sudden you pretend like you give a shit?! No, fuck that. I'm so sick of hearing from you once a year and you just being a fake dickhead to me! James, fuck you and fuck off. Stop calling me on my birthday -"

"What the fuck, Sophie? What the hell brought this on?"

"Fuck. You." She growled, "you brought this on. You were so good to me and then just up and left - that's what you did. I'm sick of listening you to pretend to still care about me once a year. Just get out of my life; I have all the family I need here."

"Oh, what? Brian and Jimmy? Some fucking family. Brian's a retarded musclehead and Jimmy's a fucking five-year old. If you don't want me in your life then fine, I'll never talk to you again. But when you regret this don't come crying to me, you stupid cunt." And with that, he hung up.

Sophie didn't cry. Her eyes were practically a desert from all the crying she had done earlier. "Soph, you okay?" Brian asked softly.

She nodded. "What happened?" Jimmy asked.

She shrugged, keeping her eyes on the television. "I'm just sick of nobody caring about me except for one day. I'm fine guys, really. You're all I need." She said, flashing them a smile to prove her point. "Now shh! I wanna watch the movie!"

They exchanged a disbelieving glance, but dropped the subject and continued watching the movie. "Feeling better?" Brian asked with a small chuckle.

Sophie grinned and looked down at him. "You have no idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
how bout the new layout? lol i jazzed it up a bit since i was getting bored with it. like it better? (:
also, since i have 107 subberz now, I think it's fair to ask for 20 comments instead of 10.

so yea, i promised two updates today and i gave. give me another 20 comments and you shall receive. <3