Status: Readers: 599; Subscribers: 136; Comments: 92 ; 10 stars!

It Was Only a Kiss

Happy Birthday!

Sophie was in a deep sleep. It was midnight, and she had only recently fallen asleep. Xander had been over and they were full of apologies about the previous week's little... mishap. So she was pretty much dead.

Not if James Owen Sullivan and Brian Elwin Haner Jr. have anything to do about it! They crept into her house ten minutes before midnight and walked into her room.

They waited anxiously for midnight to come; Jimmy had confetti in both hands and Brian held a Super Soaker with Red Bull and Vodka mixed in it.

When the clock changed to twelve, Jimmy hopped on Sophie's bed and started screaming. "SOPHIA! SOPHIA MARIE, IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" He screamed as he jumped on her bed and tossed confetti everywhere. Brian was shooting the alcohol at her.

Sophie jolted up and started breathing heavily. She looked at the clock. "Bri! Jimbo, it's midnight!" She said tiredly.

"It's your birthday!" Brian yelled at her and squirted her again. "You're old!"

Despite how exhausted she felt, she mustered up a smile and tasted what was all over her face and bed. She had thought it was water, but she was wrong. It was a Belly Buster. She chuckled. "Bri, thanks for the alcohol."

He beamed at her. "Welcome, lovey!"

She sighed. "Is it just you guys?" She asked.

They nodded and she dragged her body out of bed. "You wear a bra while you sleep?" Jimmy asked.

She gave him an odd look. "How did you - oh." Her shirt was hiked up over her bra. And she was wearing a pair of Zacky's boxers he forgot one night. Which was just great for Sophie.

She pulled her shirt done quickly. "Yeah I do. Because if I don't and I need to get up really quickly, maybe because my psycho best friends decide to come and spray me with alcohol on my birthday, my boobs hurt if I move too quickly." She explained. "You wouldn't understand, Jimbo."

He grinned. "Actually, I do. Same thing happens with my dick."

Sophie closed her eyes. "Not something I want to think about."

He laughed at her. "Well maybe I didn't want to see your bra slash boobies!"

Brian laughed. "You want to see every girl's boobs."

Jimmy tossed him a glare. "I wasn't asking you, Gates!"

Brian looked Sophie over again. "Are those Zacky's boxers?" He questioned warily.

Sophie shook her head. "No. Unless he gave Xander a pair." She lied. She had become a great liar to cover up her and Zacky's tracks. As far as she knew, no one suspected a thing.

Suddenly Sophie's cell started ringing from her nightstand. She groaned and unplugged it from its charger, looked at the caller I. D. and answered it. "Whaaaaat?" She whined into the phone.

"Happy birthday, sexy lady." Zacky's sweet voice said.

Sophie's eyes widened but she couldn't contain the smile from making her face glow.

"Thanks Zacky. I'm surprised you aren't here with Bri and Jimmy, waking me up and making my life Hell drenched in Belly Buster." She said, hoping he'd take the hint and stop with the sexy stuff.

"That Hell sounds quite nice, actually." He replied.

She smiled again. "Not at midnight when you're trying to sleep. I'm gunna go now, but I'll talk to you later." She said.

"You bet you will, baby." He replied and the line went dead.

"Zacky called?" Jimmy asked. "I thought we were the only ones who would call slash break into your house at midnight to wish you a happy birthday!" He whined.

Sophie looked over at him and sighed. "Jimbo, thanks for breaking into my house. My birthday is going to be more memorable because of it." She assured him.

He beamed. "Good! My work here is done!"

Jimmy stormed out of her room triumphantly. Brian was still standing, eying Sophie. "Was that really Zacky?"

Sophie nodded and yawned into her hand. "Yeah. He's awesome like that," she said, her mind starting to drift back into wanting more sleep, making her delirious.

Brian didn't budge. "And those aren't his boxers?"

"Jesus Brian, I don't fucking know anymore. They might be. I just wanna sleep. Happy birthday to me, please? Sleep?" She said, her mind drifting even more.

He couldn't help but chuckle at her deliriousness, but he was still internalizing why Zacky would bother calling at midnight when he knew he would see her at the cook out he was hosting that day. It seemed odd to him; then the boxer thing.

"Hey Bri, wanna help me remake my bed since this one is all wet and vodka and Red Bull-y?" Sophie asked as she began stripping her bed.

He nodded. "Sure." He walked out to the hallway closet where she kept spare bedsheets and blankets. He grabbed a few things and returned back to her room and tossed them on the now-bare bed.

They began making everything and making it look neat and tidy. When Sophie's OCD ass was happy with it, she flopped back on her bed. "Thank you Bri Bri," she muttered softly, her eyes closed already. "Night, I love you." She added, still barely mumbling out the words.

Brian smiled and kissed her forehead. "Night Beautiful, I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate to do this to you guys, especially the people who've been commenting regularly. I'm going to wait for 10 more comments till the next update. i'll keep the status how many more comments till the next chapter. fair?

thanks. (:

Sophie's jammies