Status: WORKING ON IT

This Love Will Be Our Downfall

Fünf

Man, what a long day.

Between a vigorous hockey practices and sitting through a lunch with Patrick listening to him go on and on about his and Lizzie’s baby, I was beat.

After lunch, I took a walk downtown, remembering the walks Katey and I had, and what had come of it.

Why couldn’t I get her out of my head?

Something about her kept me intrigued, even after she vanished from Chicago. Some people might think I am in it for the game of getting what I want, but I am in it to actually be able to call her mine.

As I was walking back to my car, I received a text from Hanna.

Baby, I got a surprise for you when you get home ;]

I rolled my eyes and got into my car. Over the past few months I could feel myself pulling away from Hanna. Not on purpose, but I actually had grown tired of her and her games, but I felt like I was stuck.

As I got back to our condo, she greeted me at the door with a kiss.

“I made you dinner baby.” She said with a smile.

“It smells good. What have you been doing all day?”

She went back to mixing the salad. “Oh, I went and did some shopping. You will never guess who I saw.”

“Who?”

“McFattie, I mean Lizzie, and her friend from Pittsburgh. What’s her name, Callie, Kelsey-“

I look up. “Katey is in town?”

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah. I guess she came to help Kane’s baby mama with her bills now that she is broke.”

I slammed my hand down on the counter. “Her name is Lizzie.”

“Don’t get pissy with me Brent. Besides, why do you care if she is in town or not?”

I grab my keys and start heading out the door. “I’ll be back later, don’t wait up.”

She stepped in front of me. “Where the fuck are you going? To see Katey just to get shut down again? What is your big obsession with the bitch?”

If Hanna was a guy, I would have hit her. “She isn’t a bitch, and she is ten times a better person then you ever will be.”

She stared at me. “Really? Is that why you come home to me every night and not her? She doesn’t want you Brent, that’s obvious by the way she keeps shutting you down.”

“Fuck you. The only reason she isn’t the one that I come home to every night is because I have a whore of a girlfriend that I thought I loved that likes to fuck everything she can get her hands on!”

She slapped me. “Whatever. Run to your little whore. But don’t come crying back to me when she denies your ass again.”

I open the door and step into the hallway. “I expect you out of here by the time I am gone. Do not even try to contact me again. We are over Hanna, in fact we have been for a long time.”

I slam the door behind me.

It’s time to show Katey what she really means to me.