Status: WORKING ON IT

This Love Will Be Our Downfall

Acht

I didn’t sleep. I fucked up big time. I ruined the only thing that was good for me. I was fucking up my kid’s life, before the were even here. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Tazer kept calling me, but I think is because I probably was in shit with lying. This was more frequent now. I finally picked up after what seemed like the fiftieth time.

“What.” I said.

“Get your ass to UIC hospital now. Your girlfriend is in it.” Jon said.

“WHAT?” I said thrown off.

“You seemed to piss her enough last night. She went ice skating. She fell really hard. You’re so lucky I fucking pay attention to what she says.” Jon said kind of pissy.

“I’ll be there.” I said hanging up. I felt like I was gonna puke that whole way to the hospital. Why would she go do that? She always listens to me.

I got there in record timing, and when I got there I saw Jon talking to Katey.

“YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER!” Katey said getting to charge at me and slapped my cheek.

“Ow!” I said touching my cheek.

“You are such a fucking idiot! I fucking hate you so much! You scum bag. WHY WOULD DO SUCH A THING!” Katey said going to hit me again, but Jon grabbed her.

“I didn’t do anything!” I said.

“If anything happens to that baby that is blood on your hands Patrick not Lizzie’s!” Katey said trying to get out of Jon’s grip. “All you do is care about yourself you fucker. You think about Patrick Kane and only Patrick Kane. Grow some fucking balls and act like a man!” Katey spat at me.

I didn’t know what to do.

“I don’t know what my best friend sees in you, but you are a sketchy mother fucker who is an asshole. You don’t care about that baby, and so stop trying to convince her you do.”

“Um pardon me is there someone that could make medical choices for Miss Czech. Family?” He asked.

“No. We’re all her friends and that is her boyfriend.” Jon being the only calm one.

“Are the father of the baby?” The doctor asked.

“Yeah...” I said quietly. “Are they okay?”

“We did an ultrasound with the impact of the fall there was possible chance there could have been a placenta abruption.” He was explaining. That didn’t sound good at all.

“but there isn’t?” Katey asked.

“No, nothing like that happened to the baby. It is still in there. It is very healthy, by the way. However, the baby could still be at some risk.” The doctor said.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“This is where you come in. Miss Czech is unconscious right now. We need to take x-rays. We can’t legally take an x-ray of her without the consent of someone. There is a risk that from an x-ray can harm the baby, but that risk is very low.” The doctor said.

“And you giving him the right to choose?” Katey said kind of in shock. “I’m practically her sister!”

“It is his son or daughter.” The doctor said. “I’ll give you sometime to think it over, but remember time is of the essence.” The doctor said walking away. I just sat down on one of the chairs and let this all sink in. I could hurt Lizzie by not doing this, but I could hurt the baby too.

There was no good coming out of any of this...
♠ ♠ ♠
short but to the point.