Status: NEW. NOT SURE WHAT TO THINK OF IT YET.

Empty Apartment

002.

It was an early, Sunday afternoon and Lorraine and I were at the park. . We were situated on the docks, our feet were submerged beneath the water line up to our ankles.

I began to pull the outer brim of my hat down and onto my ears in an attempt to shield myself from the relentless afternoon sun, as it beat down upon my head and shoulders.
As I did so, Lorraine would turn to me and laugh.
She said I reminded her of 'Sherlock Holmes' in his detective cap.
Lorraine would point to me, and then to the water below.
'Look here!" She said.

In the water I could see our reflection.
I could see me, a little girl with a sun bonnet upon a head of unkempt and auburn curls.
A round face and a petite nose, situated atop of a mouth which held an unpleasant pout. Alongside her was Lorraine, my sister, with an identical head of auburn curls.
She too had a round face, but with high, pronounced cheeks. And, Lorraine would not be Lorraine if it weren't for her hallmark, a contagious smile.

As I continued to study the girls in the water, I could feel Lorraine as she then began to take hold of my hand.
She said, "Remember me, Shae. Remember in here-"
Her free hand would extend a finger to my temple.
"And hold me….here."
She would then extend her finger upon my breast.

I could feel my heart begin to beat to the point where it was about to lurch from my chest.
My palms of my hands felt moist, and the sweat began to accumulate and trickle down my forehead beneath my bonnet.

Remember me….Remember me….Remember me…
My heart would beat louder, and LOUDER-and then, suddenly, everything would stop.

I was awake.

I lie awake, situated upon my bed in a house, which was far from the water's edge.
It was a dream; it was all a dream.
My bed-linens were saturated in a cold sweat, the palms of my hands were moist, and the long, tumultuous auburn curls situated upon my head, clung to my face and neck.
Although I had, had a shower before I went to bed, I was in desperate need of another.

The alarm clock on my bed table read 3:00 a.m., which meant school wasn't for another four hours.
Today was going to be a long day.
And how could it not be?
Today was November 9th, the tenth anniversary of Lorraine's death.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going to continue said story. However, posts and updates may be slow. I am officially on the 'College Scene'. I've got anywhere between 2-4 classes per-day, depending on the day.
However, I do have Fridays off! SO I WILL DO MY BEST. :)
I really do appreciate the enthusiasm and support, it's what keeps me going! <3