Status: Complete. (:

Hold up My Heart

Twenty Three.

Karina laughed at Embry as he and Jacob wrestle in the grass. Things have been okay, and luckily the boys were able to clear Jacob's thoughts and that last experience with Arabella. Jacob was still hurting, though, and as much as he wanted it to end, he knew that wouldn't be possible unless Ara faced herself and what she has put herself through.

“Guys, I've got to go, I need to check on Ara,” Karina yelled over the hoots and hollers from the others. Jacob pinned down Embry within seconds, showing that he was holding back for Embry's sake.

“You're such an ass!” Embry chuckled as Jacob helped pull him to his feet. Embry walked over to Karina and wrapped his arms around her. “Let's get you home, suga'” Karina giggled and kissed Embry quickly.

“I'm coming with,” Jacob said absentmindedly. Karina and Embry looked at Jacob oddly but in the end shrugged and let him come along.

~

Those small numerous fears and panics that you feel deep inside of your chest, all vanish into thin air once that needle has poked a tiny hole through your skin and the drug begins to surge its way into your veins.

Arabella couldn't help but grin at the disappearance of those problems. This new drug that she didn't even bother to look up on was quickly getting into her system. She felt elusive, free, a lot happier and relaxed. Cocaine and her many other useful drugs were no longer of importance to her. This unknown sheer liquid that held a strong control was all that she would need.

Ara pulled the needle out of her arm and threw it on her bed. She smiled at the numbness, the absolute bliss she is taking in is too hard to explain, she can't even think of it for herself. Ara was feeling good, better than ever before. All of her problems were leaving her mind, her heart, her soul. The aching, throbbing pain that was ever so persistent was gone, as well. She'd never actually believed that something like this was such a savior to her.

It felt like only minutes that she was high, that she was experiencing the best feeling in the world – nothing. But really, it had been over an hour since she shot up. Within a few minutes, though, Ara began to feel a thud in her chest. Each second it became harder and stronger. She winced, sitting up on her bed and slapping her hand over her chest.

She gasped, taking in a deep enough breath that caused her to whimper. Her lungs felt as if they were swollen, air was hardly getting to them. The painful thuds soon turned into uncontrollable stabs, straight into her heart. Her mind began to race, images of so many things that she once cared about, ran behind her eyes. Her parents, she winced at the memory of their boating trip. Jacob had come with them, which had only made Ara even more happy.

The image quickly switched over to Karina and herself, laughing with each other, leaning into one another as they tried to catch their breaths. Karina had looked at Ara, slapping her knees to an event that had currently happened. That memory and reminded Ara that that was the first time she had laughed so hard – without any drugs or alcohol, since Jacob had left her life.

Gasping, Ara squeezed her eyes shut and reached out for something to grab with her free hand. She ended up falling to the ground with a loud thud, and as her fragile shaking body connected with the ground, everything exploded, and one of the worst things possible began to happen. This memory was too strong for her to endure, even with her being on drugs. She groaned, gasping for air as her nails began to claw into her chest. Images, only images flashed behind her closed eyelids...

His lips pursed into a permanent smirk, making me feel so comfortable.

Jacob's deep chocolate brown orbs, indulging my heart to beat as fast as it could. There was like a sparkle that shined from his eyes, and that was only one thing that made me fall for this boy.

Our lips connected once again, moving in a slow passionate manner, I never wanted this to end. He most definitely did not either, and so it didn't. His warm hands grasped onto my hips, holding me against his Rabbit; his sudden urge for slight control was making my hormones get out of hand.

Suddenly, she wasn't looking through her own eyes, she was peering through someone else's, and she immediately knew who it was. She began to feel how Jacob was feeling, whenever he sees her, these inevitable butterflies and sweet feelings erupted throughout his entire body. She felt him feel the lust, the want and need for her, in every single way that was possible. Thoughts ran through her head repeatedly, each time she felt as if they were being yelled at her. Each time it would get louder and louder until Arabella finally had to clamp her hands over her ears and scream for it to stop.

“Stop!” Ara begged who or whatever was making her feel like this. Ara fell over onto her side and pulled her legs up as far as she could. She was crying now, uncontrollably, her chest heaved up and down rapidly. Her chest felt as if it was on fire, burning with such swift motions. She could feel her nails dig deeper into her skin and pull across slowly. The aching, throbbing agony only got worse, and all Arabella was able to do was scream to the top of her lungs and shake around on the ground, clawing at her chest. She didn't understand why she was clawing at herself, until it finally clicked, like this realization was sobering her up from the drugs.

She wasn't only feeling what she felt, what she had always tried to ignore through drugs and alcohol. She was also feeling what Jacob felt, what he had to endure whenever they were near each other. It hurt, immensely, it did. Ara cried, whining about how sorry she was. The distance between her and Jacob grew weary, and she began to accept the pain. But that only came back with more intense, agonizing, pain...

“Well, I'm only stating the truth!” Embry defends his strong opinions about something that Jacob was not even paying attention to. Jacob felt wrong as they pulled up to Karina and Arabella's house. After the car was parked, Jacob hopped out so that Karina was able to get out.

“I never said that you were wrong, babe, I only said that you're full of sh -” Karina was interrupted by a high-pitched scream coming from the second story window in their house. “Shit, Ara!” It only took Jacob and the others a few seconds until they were inside the house and running up the stairs.

Jacob was the last one in Arabella's room. Karina gasped and ran over to something. The image that Jacob had now just seen could have killed him, and it would have if the strongest piece of his love for Arabella hadn't been there.

“What happened!” Jacob screamed as he looked over the crying and screaming girl who was shaking on the ground, clawing at her chest. Jacob instantly looked down at his shirtless torso, he understood, he had many scars that ran over his chest from the nights on end that he felt the pain. He grabbed her hands and held them down so she couldn't scratch herself.

“I, I think she overdosed, or... oh my god,” Karina groaned in emotional pain as she read something labeled on a glass vile. “She's such a dumb-ass!”

“What do you mean?” Embry asked.

“This drug is illegal here, it's known to cause seizures and amongst that, many other things... she even knew that...” Karina sighed, throwing the drugs in a brown paper bag and throwing it in the garbage. “We need to get her to a hospital!” Karina announced quickly as Ara screamed out again. Jacob held onto Ara, he held her tightly in his arms as she writhed around in pain; this was hurting Jacob too.

“Please, make it go away!” Ara yelled, her eyes still closed and her mouth ground shut. Instinctively, Jacob swept her into his arms and already began down the stairs.

Ara's groaning and crying only varied, hardly. Jacob kissed her sweaty forehead and whispered, “I'm gonna make it go away.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, kind of a really depressing chapter.
Hopefully ya'll like it. I feel like I'm losing all of you guys, and I really
DISLIKE IT...

Comments for feedback are REALLY appreciated...