Status: Complete. (:

Hold up My Heart

Twenty Six.

One week had passed since the incident, and like Carlisle said, I was doing a lot better and regaining my balance and rationality. I was still at Jacob's house, and even when I'd asked for him to take me home to stay with Karina, he would decline, and even after I begged persistently, he wouldn't budge.

“I don't see why I can't go back home,” I said with a hint of anger. I swallowed the rest of my breakfast gulped down the rest of my orange juice.

Jacob came over and took my plate, putting that and the rest of the things in the sink. “I don't want to take any chances, Arabella.”

I glared at the name he called me, pushing myself out of the chair at the same time. “Karina even told you I'd be okay, and if anything were to happen, she's got you on speed-dial.” I mused.

Jacob smiled, rolling his eyes, “That's nice of her, but I don't think so,” He said defiantly.

I sighed, figuring that I wasn't going to win this. But I'd keep trying.

“You can't keep me cooped up in this shitty place,” I muttered, instantly regretting my words when the look on Jacob's face fell. “I'm sorry, Jacob, but I can't stay here forever,”

Jacob turned off the sink and walked over to the table. Sighing, he said, “I don't want to take any chances of you getting hurt again,”

“I know,” I interrupted.

“Nor do I want to risk the imprint battle again, it was bad enough the first time.” I grimaced, reluctantly reaching at my chest where the healing scars were located. “And I don't want you to go back and give in...”

I flinched at the sound of his voice, the pain inside began to stab at my stomach, telling me to give up and ignore him. I partially did, I knew for a fact that I would not give in to the shit that ruined me the most.

“Nothing is going to happen,” I whispered, looking up into his dark brown eyes.

Jacob shook his head, disagreeing again. I groaned, shoved the chair into the table and stomping off into Jacob's room. I slammed the door and walked over to the bed. Taking out my bag from underneath his bed, I began to pack my things quickly, careful not to forget anything that Karina had brought over last week.

As I shut my bag, warm arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into a pair of big arms. “Jacob...” I muttered.

'You're staying,”

“No, I'm fucking not,” I yelled, shoving Jacob off of me. I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door. Taking out my phone I sent a text to Karina, telling her to come pick me up. She quickly replied with, On my way.

I watched out the window for Karina, she couldn't get here any faster, I was beginning to shake at the anxiousness I began to feel.

“Arabella,” I heard from behind me. Turning around I was pushed up to the door gently by Jacob's large warm hands.

“I'm going home, Jacob. It's not like I'm leaving you,” I reasoned.

Jacob whimpered, “It feels like you will, you are,”

I sighed, putting less distance between the two of us. “I'm not going to, Jacob Black. Believe me,” We looked into each others eyes, mine beginning to wander from his, to his lips that looked so soft. I felt the urge to kiss him, to hold his face in my hands, I wanted to touch him and keep skin contact. My breathing began to quicken as Jacob began to lean down. I soon felt his warm breath on my face, my heart began to speed up, pounding almost out of my chest, my nerves going haywire. His lips hardly brushed against mine when my phone began to ring, interrupting everything.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I flipped open my phone and read a text from Karina. She was here, finally.

“I've got to go, I'll see you later,” I whispered, my chest was rising and falling, my lungs shuttered. Jacob backed away, letting me open the door and leaving his presence, and though I hated to admit it, it felt so good to get out of there.

“Finally, he lets you out,” Karina chuckled, pulling out of the driveway and back onto the road. I eyes Karina as she lit a cigarette without effort. She noticed my stare and sighed, “Cigarettes are fine, but that is it, Arabella,”

“Thanks,” I said. I quickly lit one up and after inhaling, I took a shaky breath, feeling the calmness begin to set in right away. “So,” I began, inhaling the addictive drug.

“I need to go get some stuff from the Shack,” Karina mumbled, as she turned onto the highway. I only shrugged, I knew I was not going to get anything tonight, or for a long time, hopefully not ever again.

“What exactly?”

Karina flicked her cigarette out the window and rolled up her window, her eyes wandered from the road and to my eyes. “Just some simple pot, it's harmless,”

I nodded, easily becoming jealous. “Do you think...”

“Ah, no, Arabella.” Kari said with slight force. “After the shit that happened about a week ago, no, I will not let you do any kind of shit, whether it's harmless or not,”

“What about this?” I smirked as I gestured to the cigarette held between my fingers. Karina rolled her eyes and sighed.

“That's your last one,”

“No, it's not, Kari,” I argued. And after several minutes of defending my reasons and promising that it'd only be twice a day, Karina gave in, even after I pointed out that pot wasn't harmless like cigarettes were. She had argued that pot still fucked with my head, even only for a while. So I dropped it, but was thankful to be able to keep some sort of stress reliever.

“You know,” I sighed, “The last time I came here, Tristan wasn't around. Dougie said that the last time he had seen him was when I was here...”

Karina parked the car, us both getting out quickly and heading over to the Shack. “Maybe he's just been sick?”

I scoffed, “Yeah, I don't think that's it at all, Karina.” I chewed on my bottom lip, thinking about what had happened the last time I'd seen him.

“So, where is Karina?” he asked from over his shoulder. He grabbed a bottle of vodka and some drink that looked crimson red, and walked them over to where I was. Taking one, I began to drink it down like I haven’t had anything to drink in months.

“She’s with the wol- the guys from La Push. She’s found her soulmate.” I joked. But I knew I was right, Embry and Karina were meant for each other, and I hated that thing they called love.

Making a desired facial expression after drinking some of his red stuff, he said, “Well, she’s missing out here.” Giving him a questioned look he chuckled and continued, “We got some new stuff shipped down to us, and I would have called you to come down, but your phone is out of service.”

“Shit, I forgot to pay the last bill.” I ran a hand through my hair as I pulled out my phone. Yeah, it was shut off; and since there wasn’t going to be any use to it, I handed it over to Tristan and said, “Break it, I don’t need that piece of shit anyways.”

Chuckling, Tristan took it in one of his hands and instantly crushed my cell phone. I gasped as his hand completely obliterated my phone. Upon seeing my expression, Tristan threw the pieces of my phone in the nearest garbage.

“So tell me more about the new shit you’ve got.” I asked as I watched him gulp down more of his drink. He was drinking it like it was the only thing he could ever have. I was getting curious.


I couldn't figure it out, but even with the images of that red drink that Tristan had been obsessing over, I couldn't put my finger on it.

I sighed as Karina and I reached the steps to the entrance, “It's probably because I turned him down, again.” I lied, I knew something was up with Tristan and that crimson red drink that he had.

Karina giggled and elbowed me in the arm, “He asked you again? Dammit, Ara, why don't you just give him a chance already?” I couldn't answer that question for her, I couldn't answer it for Tristan, nor could I really even answer that for myself. Too many things had gone on in the past couple weeks, and I couldn't put any further excuses into the equation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo, I updated quickly this time.
Hopefully I'll be doing more of that.
Be sure to check out my new stories coming out soon;
Jacob Black Fan Fic: Down. and my Justin Bieber Fan Fic; One Less Lonely Girl.

Comments, please?
Hope you all enjoyed. (: