Status: Complete. (:

Hold up My Heart

Twenty Nine.

It was almost as if the shallow pieces of me had disappeared, leaving me behind to find someone new to play with. I was actually quite thankful for its departure, I didn't want to live with that anymore. What had happened last night was only one of the very many reasons and events that I'd become brave enough to let go of the poisonous vines that I'd grasped onto for so long.

Last night was something that I knew I would never forget – not for the whole sexual experience and pleasure that I'd had, but the whole experience that I got to share with Jacob, the feelings of letting go of our problems, both shoved into one bottle and thrown out into the deep ocean.

I felt like a lucky one, and I knew that I was, because I'd finally be able to say that Jacob does love me and that I should never doubt it again.

The fresh bright sun had been what really woke me up; the snoring and heat radiating off of Jacob had nothing to be of blame. I felt so much more secure with his arms around me and his sounds to show that he was alive and free in his own little world of sleep. I pulled Jacob closer to me after feeling a small chill on my naked skin.

“You cold?” Jacob grumbled, yawning out of his slumber.

Pulling Jacob's warm body closer I said, “Just a bit, yes,” and instantly Jake grabbed me and flipped me over so that I was facing him. His beauty had caught me off guard for a slight second and I had to remind myself to breathe. “Thanks,” I whispered as I huddled into his arms and wrapped mind around myself. It couldn't have been more than five minutes before the two of us had fallen straight back into a sleep of peace and loving nature.

~

The smell of bacon and sounds of wild animals had awoken me. The wild animals that I'd referred to would be the boys, who were howling like wolves – no pun intended, and laughing like hyenas. I smiled into the pillow as I heard Jared yell something about Embry taking his bacon. I could definitely tell when Jacob was talking because his voiced held something important, something that I could never forget.

“I'm making more, calm the fuck down!” Jake yelled. Jared began to mock Jacob and two seconds later a loud bang shuttered against something hard and then fell on the floor with a sharp scrape.

“Ouch!” Jared yelled while a bunch of laughter surrounded my ears. I snickered into the pillow at the boys' immaturity before slowly getting myself out of Jacob's bed and into some of his clothes. When I looked in the mirror I grimaced, his clothes were much too big on me; but I rolled up the shorts to fit fine and let the t-shirt dangle from my small body.

As soon as I'd walked out of his room and into the kitchen, howls began to start up again, and then a few slaps coming from Sam and Jacob.

“Jacob did the deed!” Paul yelled with a chuckle as Jared laughed and high-fived Paul. I looked up and glared at the two of them and casually flicked them off.

“You guys and your loud immature asses woke my sound asleep ass up, so don't you start anything with me until I've had my breakfast,” I demanded with a grunt. Jacob sprinted over to me to kiss me sweetly on the lips, just before pulling away to look down at me with a smile.

“Well I thought it was obvious that you never ate breakfast,” Paul sneered with a grin.

Crossing my arms, I leaned against the wall across from wear all of the boys were sitting. “and what exactly are you trying to imply here, Paul?”

Snorting, Paul said, “Like you don't know,”

“No, obviously not; now explain,” I said with a grumble.

The boys began to chuckle at what seemed to be my stupidity but was actually my sly sarcasm. “Ara, you're never a nice girl, you've been the biggest bitch since -” With only two strides I had made it over to the table where I was able to reach over and pound Paul in the face with a nearby plate. The boys began to laugh and tease Paul while I casually walked over to Jacob and wrapped my arms around his waist as he cooked breakfast.

“You sure do have a mouth,” Jacob chuckled as he turned off the stove and turned to kiss me before taking the plates over to the table, where I followed him and took a seat next to him.

“That's what she said!” Seth yelled after a moment. Everyone turned to look at him, and his face began to turn bright red at the embarrassment – all before everyone at the table, even Sam, began to laugh at the joke.

“Nice one,” Jacob laughed, patting Seth on the back. Everyone soon began to grab for food and eat as much as they pleased, with some hitting and whining in between. It was a topic that was now being brought up that had caught my attention.

“Tonight we'll have the bonfire and cook out and mine and Emily's place,” Sam assured us all. “It'd be best to have all the imprints there as well as the elders, just for caution. We lost the vampire's scent, but when he comes back, we'll catch on quickly and be able to track him down within enough time,” the warning glance that Sam's eyes gave off told me that something approaching or willing to come through and make itself known. And as much as I wanted to shrug off the indecency, I knew it'd be quite impossible.

I heard Jacob gulp down his drink, and when I looked up he was just barely shaking. “Jake,” Embry warned him with one of the same looks that Sam had just recently given.

“What's this bonfire slash cookout for?” I joined in curiously. The table turned to look at me, and within seconds I knew that something wasn't right, they were all trying to play it cool and they obviously didn't know me well enough to know that I could read them each like a book.

“Just a small get together,” Sam answered a few seconds later after debating which lie he should use. I found it utterly pathetic that even being a part of this family now, what with being an imprint and all, I'd have the right to know what was going on; but apparently I was wrong in that direction.

Grabbing my glass I finished my tea and scooted away from the table. After kissing Jacob and telling him the plans until tonight, I walked back into Jacob's room and grabbed my phone, quickly dialing Karina's number into the phone.

“Hello?” Karina answered on the second ring; her voice was groggy, showing the oblivious sign that she had just woken up.

I held onto my phone tightly, “Hey, Kari, it's me. Can you come pick me up? I've got loads to tell you.” And I didn't just mean what happened last night, or how things were going between Jacob and I. I also meant about what had recently happened in my room, the breaking news that somehow a vampire with a contagiously weird scent was looking for me and apparently wanted me.
♠ ♠ ♠
TELL ME WHAT YA'LL THINK!
It's gonna get better, I swear.
I love all of the ones who have subscribed and COMMENTED,
because it shows that you're interested in this and sticking with me.
<3

(: