Status: Complete. (:

Hold up My Heart

Thirty Two.

Things had once again slowed down, like the action was going frame by frame, like God was doing this to me on purpose to torture me as I watched Tristan slowly transform into a pale, hideous looking creature that looked somewhat a wolf, but it's skin was almost transparent, no hair took place on his body. I was shoved back into a wall, and winced as my head slammed against the hard wood. I watched in shock as Tristan fought with himself over what was to happen. At one point he turned and faced me, and I looked into his eyes. One was a dark brown while the other was a pale blue with white sparks pulling out.

“Tristan,” My voice was shaky, as was every part on my body. “This isn't you,” I tried to reason with him, tell him that this wasn't him, that this was something else, and he couldn't let it control him.

Tristan growled as he stomped his large pale paws on the ground. My eyes widened as I watched the creature speak in a raspy voice, “You're right, Arabella, it isn't; not anymore,”

And then it's as if my body was on fire, and never had I ever felt this feeling before. I screamed, clutching my head and falling to the floor. The burning wouldn't stop, it just got worse, and worse. I felt like I was burning, and then I come to realize, it's only in my head, but it's too strong.

The burning proceeded, and my screaming for help, my shrieks of pain continued along. To really think of such pain, I've never been in this much. Then the burning stopped, and I could feel myself sweating, and I was breathing rapidly hard. I felt the cool wooden floor beneath me and relaxed. I lay there, lifeless, unmoving. I stared up at the ceiling, and I could feel myself twitch, and hear myself groan.

“Did I mention that every vampire – well, almost every vampire, is transformed with a power?” Tristan's deep rough voice scared me as he chuckled in amusement. “Guess I'm able to make you feel whatever I want you to feel,”

I was beyond numb, feeling extremely lifeless, my eyes staring straight up into the ceiling while my body did nothing but slowly drain out. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tristan began to pace back and forth, fighting something within his own mind. I whimpered, trying to feel my way on the ground as I slowly turned over. I was on my knees, crawling blindly for a way out. But then I felt a painful, agonizing kick to my ribs, and I went flying into a hard wooden wall. I knew my ribs were broken, then.

I cried in pain as I felt blood began to drip down my face and into my eyes. I blinked them open until I could faintly see again. I fell over onto my side, struggling to get onto my feet and make a run for it. I heard a deep snort coming from besides me, then. Slowly I turned my head to see Tristan's large deformed frame hovering over me with the most evil stare I'd ever seen. I had a feeling begin to surge in me that told me that I was done for, and this was it. I waited for it, prodding for the decisive act that would end my life. But it never came. Instead, ear shattering howls whipped through the air and the sounds of thumps on the ground began to reassure me.

I gasped as the door and half of the wall were knocked down by large wolves. I stared at all of the wolves to find Jacob, but he was nowhere to be found. On instinct, though, Tristan charged for the wolves and a bloody battle began to play out against the wolves. The black one, Sam, had already leaped forward while the others began to encircle him away from me and into the trees. Howls and yips pierced through the sky with painful screams every now and then. I blinked my eyes closed as the wolves dragged Tristan into the woods. Tears began to pour down my face uncontrollably, and I was alone.

But not for long.

“Arabella,” His deep reassuring voice captured my attention. I opened my eyes as my fragile body leaned against the wall.

“Jacob,” I whispered. He began to run towards me just as one of the worst painful howls was heard. Jacob flinched, he needed to go out and help.

“I need to go, I'll bring Seth back to watch you,” Jacob strutted to my side and kissed my forehead, “I love you,” He whispered, just before he ran out and shifted into his wolf form. Minutes later a smaller form ran towards my side.

“Seth,” I whined as he got me into his arms. I yelled in pain as is arms held my small figure. “What's going on?” I was disoriented, I didn't know what was happening now.

Seth cleared his throat, “He's stronger than we thought, he has some vampire power that he's using against us – but he can only attend it to one of us at a time,”

“Where is Jacob?” I flinched, my eyes blinking more blood out of my view.

I heard Seth sigh, “He told me to bring you back and have Carlisle look at you; no one knows how long this will take, Ara,” I nodded with force as I leaned my head against Seth's chest. He began to walk out casually and with ease as to not harm me any further.

“He's gonna be okay,” I assured myself more than to the both of us. Seth didn't speak, the only thing that I heard was the crunching of leaves beneath me and then one of the worst sounds that I would ever come to listen to. The painful howl, shattering my ears and my heart, the echo off of the trees as the wind passed a message to my soul. The message was of this; the unconditional love that Jacob held for me, now being risked with his own life.

Another shriek pierced the sky as the hopeless dropped my heart into my stomach. “Jacob...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Second to last chapter, guys...
Haha, I hope ya'll like this.
<3