Status: Complete. (:

Hold up My Heart

Eight.

I let out a high pitched scream as I tried to turn around and onto my back. Jacob Black was snoring soundly before I had scream, and his warm and heavy arm was laying across my stomach. And when I did scream, he leaped off the bed like that was his current routine.

"What the hell are you doing in my -" I began as I looked around the room. Wait a second - this was not my room. I let out a very long and frustrated groan as I tore the covers off my body. And another groan when I saw my small body in his clothes. "Shit," I muttered.

"Ara, are you alright?" He rushed over to the side of the bed and reached out for me. I scoffed and slapped away his hands the instant they came within three feet of me.

"Why they hell am I in your room?" I growled.

"Last night you uh -" I gasped before letting out a groan at I ran a hand through my hair. Karina was going to be so pissed that I'd left her last night.

"But why am I here, with you?" I spat. Jacob's face faltered a bit but he resumed his position a minute later.

"You jumped off a cliff last night, and I went out to get you." I sighed and shook my head.

"And let me guess, after I jumped, you saved me and now you think that everything is alright?" I grasped at the bed sheets in anger. "No, it is definitely not alright, Jacob Black!"

"But you kissed me." He whispered, more to himself than to anyone else. I almost literally gagged myself in disgust as I listened to what he said.

"I did not fucking kiss you. You're the last person I'd ever want to kiss." Pushing Jacob out of my way I pulled myself to my feet and grabbed my outfit that was still wet. I let out a groan - I wasn't going to put back on wet clothes, so I'd have to stay in his.

"Really? Then what did? 'Cause the girl who kissed me last night really seemed to be into me." Jacob retorted. My heart tore the minute his voice cracked at the strain in his throat. But I was not going to break down for this jerk.

"That girl only comes out when the drugs kick in, and that girl is never kissing you again. I won't let it happen." I cleared out the sob in my throat and blinked away hidden tears. I couldn't do this now. Not ever.

"Arabella, what happened to you?" Jacob was whispering now, and I heard the need for an answer in his voice. I chewed on my bottom lip as I thought of what to say. But what I needed to say I'd been planning along to tell him if he were to ever come back. And I guess now was the best time.

"What happened to me? Jacob Black, you really shouldn't pretend not to know what happened to me after you fucking up and left!" This was it, I wasn't giving in now. "You left me with nothing. No goodbye, so answers or a reason, nothing. Your dad wouldn't even tell me what was going on, oh, but he was so sure about you." I grasped at the wall for support as I felt the tide pulling me down.

Jacob's face began to tremble, and his bottom lip looked pushed out and that too, began to tremble. Was he going to cry? Yeah, right. He opened his mouth to say something but I snapped before he could say a word.

"I went into the worst state that I'd ever been in. I had no one to talk to about anything anymore. I couldn't talk to my parents - they were way too into their studies and work. You were gone which made everything that much fucking harder." I couldn't take it anymore, I needed air. So I turned and ran down the hall and for the door. And as I stepped outside into the cold morning air, a warm hand grasped onto my arm.

"Ara, I can explain all of it, just give me the chance to!" He was pleading now, and I was at breaking point. I couldn't let him see me like this, not when I've changed - I wouldn't.

"You've got thirty seconds." I spat. Jacob sighed and anxiously ran a hand through his short cropped black hair. He did happen to look a lot more attractive than before, but - fucking stop, Arabella.

"Remember those legends that my dad use to tell us at the bonfires And remember Sam, Paul and Jared always giving me that look?" He asked. Shit, Paul Talley? The Paul that I almost...? Oh, fuck. I groaned in irritation and embarrassment, hopefully Jacob would ever find out about that. I ignored it though, and nodded. "Well - Sam was never the bad guy, and those legends, they're -"

"They're what? True? Yeah, I'm going to totally believe that you're a fucking wolf, Jacob. And I'm sure the rest of the jackasses that took off with you are too." I crossed my arms and scoffed. "You're pathetic, Jacob Black. Stay the fuck away from me." And that's when I turned and began to walk away.

"Arabella! Please - you've got to believe -"

My head snapped around as I put on a bitter glare, "Save it, dude! You're fucked and I don't need to hear this!" I gave him one last hard look before turning and beginning my small journey back to the house. I had a lot to think about, now. I'd need so much time to consume what he had just told me.

Aggravated, I ran my hands through my hair repeatedly, too stressed to do more. Jacob and the rest of them couldn't be wolves, it just wasn't normal. Quil and Embry? No, they couldn't be, I wouldn't let myself believe that. Sam got into his head, he messed with him and now he was trying to do it to me. I was not going to believe in such legends. I only was interested in them for the imprinting part.

Once home I stomped my way up the stairs and rain into Karina. "Where have you been! I come home at three in the morning, thinking that you somehow walked home, and you're nowhere to be found! I almost got the police involved, and you know we would have gotten fucked over if they got into this!" I let Karina scold me like a mother as I walked into my room and search for a pair of comfortable clothes.

"And Arabella! Whose clothes are those! Those things are huge on you! Who were you with - and did you -"

"Karina! Shut the fuck up! I am here now, and I'm fine. I was high enough to jump off a cliff and Jacob comes to my rescue thinking that after he saves my life, he can just walk back into it like nothing ever happened. These are his clothes, I didn't do the dirty, and you smell like shit!" I gasped for a breath after finishing my ranting and waited for Karina to take it all in and respond.

But Karina being that senseless girl that she is, decides to smell her hair and frown. "But I smell like raspberries." I scoffed and let out an irritated groan.

"Whatever, Kar. But hey, I'm here and I'm sorry for leaving you in the first place." I pulled her in for a small hug before letting her go and smiling.

"So what exactly happened last night?" I sighed, Karina and her nosiness. I pulled off Jacob's clothes and yanked on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before answering.

"Well apparently I was totally fucked up, that I decided that I'd have a fucking make - out session with Jacob." I grumbled as I grasped onto his overly large t-shirt with such immense pressure.

"Wow." Karina stated. She shook her head and mumbled, "Whore."

I gasped and slapped her upside the head, "You know what, I am not a whore! You're the one who -"

"Don't start! Please I do not want to re-live that night, Ara!" I gave her a smirk and threw the shirt at her. "Oooh! Is this the shirt he gave you after you guys fu-" I shoved her on my bed and hit her with my pillow. That deserved a laugh.

"We didn't do anything, Kar, I fuckin' swear!" She rolled her eyes but nodded as if to say that she knew that but she just liked pissing me off. Well she did piss me off, and that's why I hit her with my pillow.

~

After my nice, soothing shower I changed into another comfortable outfit and plopped myself down on the couch. She was currently looking through some magazine and I was resting my feet on her lap and watching Supernatural.

"Fuck me, Dean." I muttered. Karina looked up from her magazine wide -eyed.

"Can you not moan out names right now?" I heeled her in the thigh, receiving a slap in return.

"One, I wasn't moaning his name, two, he's fucking hot, Kar. You can't deny that."

She placed her magazine down on the coffee table and sighed, "Yeah you're right, Ara. Oohhh, Dean! Oooh!" She moaned louder than I ever had and I clapped my hands over my ears and groaned.

"Shut up Karina! You're such a -"

"Such a what, hmm?" She countered. I took my hands off my ears and gave her an innocent smile.

"A beautiful, mesmerizing," She was starting to fall into my trap, and she was now smiling. Perfect. "WHORE!" I shrieked just her face dropped and turned intot a contorted frown.

"That was mean, Arabella."

I crawled over and hugged her, "I'm kidding, Kar."

"I know." She smirked down at me and then grabbed my arm.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"This." She bit on my arm just as I yanked it away. I let out a small scream and glared at her.

"You bitch!" She let out a chuckle, but as she began to look at me, her laughing stopped and her eyes went wide. Not even two seconds later and a scream came out of her mouth and I was chasing her around with a broom.

"Don't, Arabella! You can't do this! I just wanted a bite!" She teased as I chased her up and down the stairs, in and out of different rooms. Just as I found my glory and tackled her to the ground, someone frankly large in size peered through the window and went wide eyed at the scene in which I was on Karina, broom in hand, about to almost kill her.

"Shit." I mumbled as I slipped to my feet. Once at the door I opened it to find the biggest shock I'd ever seen. He'd really stoop that low, now? He didn't know me anymore, and he was really going to try this?

"What do you want, Jacob?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on more chapters, but also on my other story.
So I'll update when I can. It'll be soon, I promise.

Comments make me SMILE.
Wanna see my smile?!

:{D <-- MUSTACHE MAN. xD

This chapter made me laugh, I love Karina and Arabella's friendship. (: