Where I Lay My Head

Mrs. Snake's Mom

Snake's car only had the capacity to fit five people, so I sat on Cecil's lap and Sebastian sat on Scotti's, which even I spared a laugh for.

"Before we take this relationship any further you should be a gentleman enough to court me, vile sir." he spoke bouncily to Scotti, who by that point had a bland scowl drooping down his face.

"Just shut up, man." Scotti murmured in return while staring at anything but Sebastian, who had his arms wrapped around Scotti's shoulders and was affectionately burrowing his face in the feathery looks at the crook of his neck. "I'm donna do it- I'm gonna. I'm gonna hit you."

By then even Sebastian's exceptional acting skills couldn't put off laughing. The entire group joined him and I remember wishing that Baz hadn't turned out to be so repulsive. His goofball personality made me in a way admire him.

It wasn't five minutes before that particular vehicle made its final stop at a house Snake addressed as his mother's. Apparently we were going to borrow her van for the rest of he day to reduce over-crowding.

Once his car was unloaded and we had all gathered at the area of driveway directly next to the entrance of the house, a thin, middle-aged woman appeared from nowhere and greeted her son with a kiss on the cheek and a set of keys. She was thin, wearing pale jeans and a floral print sweatshirt. The tight brunette ringlets foaming at her head gradually dissipated until her jaw, and her eyes had the same intensity to them as that of her son's.

"Hey, honey." she spoke softly, turning to the group which Snake had receded from when his mother appeared. Naturally, I was the first person she took notice to but her reaction to me was uncanny.

Her eyes widened into cool orbs of lunacy and her nostrils flared as her jaw did, the muscles and veins bulging from her face a bitter shade of red.

"You didn't tell me a girl was going." she growled through the wall of dingy yellow teeth armoring her words.

Although it wasn't in my nature, I cringed at her with hostility and stumbled back. For once, I wasn't even going to try to be nice, because she had obviously already formed a premature opinion of filth on my appearance. That was something I had never expected, being labeled as bad news. Granted, Mrs. Snake's Mom didn't know my religion but I still had the temperate personality that parents could usually appreciate. I was very soft-spoken, just above audible, like most Amish women, and polite as you could get. Also, unlike my fellow Amish-Mennonites, I almost always had at least a weak smile on my face. I think it's safe to say that now, I didn't.

"It's okay, ma, she's Amish." Snake cooed hesitantly, seeming shocked with her response to me.

Everybody was staring at the icy features of her face like she was crazy, and chances are she was. Her eyes narrowed to thin slits of hate, which I have to admit wasn't as terrible as when they were nearly squeezed from their sockets.

"Amish girls don't dress like that." she said, her head tipping snottily with every word.

"I'm Amish, trust me." I spoke slowly, trying to mask a hideous glare from under my lashes.

I didn't feel the need to calm her nerves with a simple explanation of Rumspringa, I would let her worry.

Prejudice was frowned upon in my house, among other things. "If you believe someone is living sinfully then wait to see, make sure you know, and if they are, Half Pint, then don't ever judge. That's what us Amish are known for. Save them." my father had once said to me. He spoke very powerful words and they often stuck with me at he perfect times.

Snake soon waved his mother inside and burst into laughter once she was at a good distance.

"Addie, she hates you!"

I whimpered sadly, my face wilted helplessly as I weakly held up my hands as defense. "But why?"

He knelt down and began to fiddle with a latch at the very bottom aluminum panel of his garage-door.

"My mother would be stoked if I brought home somebody like Addie." Rachel said, and I let my lips pull upwards at he thought of it.

"Don't worry, she's a psycho." Sebastian squeezed my shoulder comfortingly.

Again, I wasn't brought up to judge people... out loud, but the hushed voice of was thoughts was screaming "YA THINK?!"

The flimsy garage-door Snake had been working with slid upwards into the ceiling, inviting us into a large cubicle of concrete that was cluttered with things like tools, old bicycles, and other useless junk that led you to believe that Snake's mother was not only a lunatic, but also a hoarder. In he front quarter of the garage was parked a burgundy and chrome-laden van that was soon weighed down with the heft of seven people.

After Scotti, I lept into the velvety cushion of the far back seat which let one spot open between us. At one side of the van waited Sebastian and at the other side that I had used, waited Rachel.

Their eyes went from the empty seat of burgundy at my right to one anothers, turning fiery with resentment at the first nanosecond of contact. They both swung their agile bodies into the van and hurled for the seat at my right. My eyes dug deep into Rachel's, pleading for his victory as he shoved Baz into his spot at the van's second row and getting comfy next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
;) Click.

Sorry this took so damn long. Considering I've already had my fun with this story, I'm losing motivation because the only reason I update is so people can read it, and no one's reading! I hope someone likes this as much as I did. Comment, please :) Thanks for reading, if anyone out there does.