Where I Lay My Head

The Sweetest F...in Thing

When my eyes opened, I saw nothing but blackness and my face was very compressed. It registered in my brain that I couldn't breath and my face was buried in something... jeans? Oh Lord. Slowly I leaned upright, my eyes trailing up a plain black t-shirt until Scotti's bland features came into view.

My face went bright red as I wiped the drool off of his leg. "Sorry, Scotti..."

"Don't sweat it." he shrugged.

I realized we were in the van again headed home. My pulse was very apparent in my head, each beat putting me through pure agony. My palms were skinned as well as a spot on my forehead, and my entire body seemed to be bruised in one way or another. My last memory was very vague but approached my thoughts well enough.

"What happened?" I whimpered, my voice still hoarse from such deep sleep.

Everybody in the van, other than Snake as he was driving, turned to peer at me.

"You don't remember?" Rachel quizzed from where he sat at my right.

I chose to look at him, as it was becoming awkward to try making eye-contact with every one else as they glared towards me. His presence at my side was enough to calm me, funny how that works...

"You fell down the stairs... a lot." He elaborated with a certain nod. "Almost three flights."

My eyes widened, but that story made sense when compared with the pain that I was feeling. "What stairs?"

He shrugged. "Some abandoned warehouse, somewhere."

I chuckled and turned forward, not caring to pry any further. To no surprise, Sebastian just had to put forth his contribution to that conversation before silence came.

"It was probably the sweetest fuckin' thing I've ever seen." he chuckled to himself and let the conversation dwindle.

I watched him fall asleep in front of my, leaning against the door panel with his knees pulled to his chest. He looked like an angel, truly, his beautiful blond hair spread across his chest and his eyes lightly closed. I saw good in him as I did everybody, and was disappointed that other factors stood in the way of me connecting with it.

Rachel grabbed my hand, quickly drawing my thoughts away from Sebastian. My palms were skinned, torn and tender from the crash but I didn't mind the pain as he sat the ball of fingers on my leg. The good was that day was strong enough for me to push aside the tremendous bad, all thank to Rachel. His mere touch made me feel high on life and happy to be alive.

Knowing that nobody was alert enough to notice our interaction through the heavy darkness of the van, I nuzzled my face in the nest of hair at his neck and fell asleep to the melodic sound of his breathing and warm scent of his main.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating, once again, haha I didn't know anyone was reading... :) It's summer though, YAY, so... more updates hopefully. I love you, and thanks for reading! <3