Where I Lay My Head

Nearing a Fork

Sebastian appeared baring two bulging trash bags, completely oblivious of all that was going on before he arrived. Rachel and I were at safe distance and it was killing me.

"Thank you, Sebastian." I grumbled while holding open the dumpster for him.

"No problem, sweet cheeks." he growled while hoisting the two bags into the dumpster. A smile appeared on his face once that task was behind us. Even his perfection for my taking wouldn't ease the desire I had for Rachel. It was incredible to me.

Dinner was perfectly ripe once I reached it. I let the boys serve themselves so I could eat with them but couldn't do so with the pie. It was still warm so would collapse if cut incorrectly. Once Sebastian was served I began walking away from him to cover the pie. Before I could do that he made sure to slap my ass as hard a possible, leaving an awful stinging sensation in his hand's place.

I didn't bother to hide the ostentatiously pained expression on my face as I found solace in the kitchen. Rachel was watching me and nodded with encouragement, as to say "It's alright. You can stop him next time..."

I was truly dreading that "next time". One of two things would happen: I would have to coldly reject a man's touch against Cecil's wishes, or I would back out and disappoint Rachel. The ways of my life in Mullica were rooting for the second option, but the exciting new ways of my life in Toms River leaned towards the first.