Status: complete

Drusilla Lillian Potter

chapter 4

"Hagrid" All five shout running down to his hut.

"Oh, hello I don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today" he smiles then shuts the door quickly.

"We know about the Sorcerer's Stone" they shout.

"Oh" Hagrid opens the door, looks them over and lets them in.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it" Drusilla tells him.

"Correction, they do" Blaise points to Dru, Hermione and Ron but she just waves him away.

"Snape, blimey, you're still on about him, are you?" Hagrid asks.

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone we just don't know why" She heaves big breath.

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it" Hagrid informs.

"What?" Draco looks up from grimacing at the cabin.

"You heard. Right, now, come on, I'm a bit preoccupied today" he tries to usher them out.

"Wait a minute, one of the teachers" Dru notices.

"Of course, there are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments" Hermione says, mind whirling with this information.

"Right, waste of bloody time if you ask me, ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Ain't a soul knows how, except me and Dumbledore" he blanches.

"He isn't one for subtlety is he" Lucius drawls.

"I shouldn't have told you that. I should not have told you that" he shakes his head then walks away to where a pot is sitting; he pulls on some oven mitts and takes out an egg.

"Hagrid, what exactly is that" Blaise asks raising a brow.

"Oh, That? It's a...it's um" he stutters.

"I know what that is" Ron exclaims "But Hagrid how did you get one" Ron asks looking slightly green.

"I won it" Hagrid puffs up proudly "Off a stranger I met at the pub, seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact" he looks down and the egg begins to crack. All five share a wary glance then crowd around the small table.

"Is that...a dragon" Hermione asks as the small creature breaks through.

"That's not just a dragon! That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania"

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh bless him look, he knows his mummy! Hello Norbert" Hagrid strokes the baby dragon.

"Norbert?" Draco and Blaise snort.

"Well he's gotta have a name don't he? Don't you Norbert" he coos at the small dragon and it yaps around.

"Te de, de, de, de" then the dragon faces Hagrid and breathes out a fireball burning up his beard.

"Oh! Whoa he'll have to be trained up a bit of course" he pats it out still smiling widely.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon, he told me so when i first met him" Dru says as they walk back up to the castle.

"It's crazy" Ron mutters.

"I know doesn't the great oaf" Dru whacks Malfoy "Ow, okay doesn't he understand that, that creature breathes fire" he shakes his head in dismay "And he lives in a wooden house"

"I know he definitely has a thing for dangerous creatures doesn't he" Blaise points out

"Uh oh" Dru stops and they walk into her.

"What" they look up and gulp, standing there was professor McGonagall having caught them sneaking back into the castle.

"Good evening" she purses her lips and gets them to follow her.

"Nothing, I repeat nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night" she says sternly from behind her desk.

"Therefore as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken" she gives them a glare.

"50" they all repeat.

"Each. And to ensure that it doesn't happen again all five of you will receive detention"

The next night they all walk down to Hagrid's hut with Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die" Filch mutters holding a lamp out.

"Was a time detention found you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons, god, I'll miss the screaming" they stop at the hut.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest. A sorry lot, this, Hagrid" he says and then notices Hagrid was rubbing his eyes.

"Oh good God you're not still on about that bloody dragon now are you" he glares.

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony" Hagrid tells them sadly and they all share a glance.

"Well, that's good isn't it? He'll be with his own kind" Hermione states.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby after all" he stares of mournfully.

"Oh, for God's sake pull yourself together man. You're going into the Forest after all. Got to have your wits about you" Filch gives a twisted smirk.

"The Forest" Draco looks around wildly.

"I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are... werewolves" he shivers hearing a howl.

"Ah, there's more that werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Night-night" Filch walks off.

"Right, let's go" Hagrid sighs

"Hagrid, what is that?" Dru asks looking at the silver substance on the forest floor.

"What we're here for" Hagrid bends down and scoops some up on his large finger.

"See that" he holds it up "That'sunicorn blood, that is. I found onedead a few weeks ago. Now, this one'sbeen hurt bad by something. So, it'sour job to go and find the poor , Hermione, you'll come with me" he stands back up.

"Okay" Ron nods slowly.

"And Drusilla, you'll go with Draco and Blaise"

"Okay, then I get Fang" Draco glares.

"Fine, just so you know he's bloody coward" and for affect Fang gives a low grumble.

"Wait till my father hears about this! This is servant stuff" Draco glares as they walk among the trees.

"If I didn't know better Draco, I'd say you were scared" Blaise smirks.

"Scared Zabini" he gives a sneer but then another howl is heard and he jumps back grabbing Dru's arm

"Did you hear that" he looks around wildly, Blaise points at him and mouths scared chuckling.

"Come on Fang" Dru shakes her head at their behaviour.

"Scared" Draco sniffs.

"What is it Fang?" Dru asks as the dog whines.

They walk a little further down and reach an open clearing, a shuffle is heard and they look up. Right in the middle, a dead unicorn is laid down blood dripping down its neck, while someone hidden in a cloak is sucking from it.

"Ah" Draco screams and runs for his life followed by fang, the figure look up and Dru winces, hand flying to her scar, Blaise grabs her hand and pulls her backwards as the cloaked figure began gliding towards them.

They trip and fall backwards so they shift and back up against a large tree trunk. And as the figure began getting closer, it shy's back and flies away just as a centaur gallops over a log and in front of the two children for protection.

"Drusilla Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The Forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you" the centaur says bowing down to her eye level.

"But what was that thing you saved me from?" she gasps standing up holding tightly onto Blaise.

"A monstrous creature" he looks around then at the children "It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price. For you have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips you have a half-life, a cursed life" he says gravely.

"But who would choose such a life?" Dru asks looking at the unicorn sadly.

"Can you think of no one?" he asks.

"You mean to say that thing that killed the unicorn, that was drinking its blood, that was Voldermort" Blaise asks opening and closing his mouth.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment, Miss. Potter" he asks.

"The Sorcerer's Stone" she gasps, a conclusion forming in her mind.

"Dru" Hermione shouts from behind so they turn and see Draco back with the rest of them.

"Hello there Firenze" Hagrid nods "See you've met our young Miss. Potter. All right there Dru"

"Drusilla Potter, this is where I leave you. You are safe now. Good luck" Firenze canters away.

"Sir, professor was that really Voldermort" Alice asks looking to her headmaster.

"I believe that was" he nods, face blank.

"So he's after the stone then" James bites his cheek.

"I believe so" Dumbledore sighs

"You mean, that You-Know-Who is out there right now in the Forest" Hermione asks eyes wide, after Dru and Blaise tells them what happened.

"But he's weak. He's living off of unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself. He wants the Stone for Voldermort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldermort will become strong again. He, he'll come back" Ron stares at the horrified.

"But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you" Hermione asks looking at Dru.

"I think if he had his chance he would have tried to kill her tonight" Blaise sits down.

"And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final" Ron pales.

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldermort is always feared?" Hermione looks around.

"Dumbledore" Draco answers and she nods.

"As long as Dumbledore's around, Dru, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around you can't be touched" she says in a matter of fact.

"Well at least your at school then professor" Sirius gives a weak smile, but Dumbledore doesn't pay notice, he knew if Voldermort was desperate he would find away to get Dumbledore out of the castle and then try retrieve the stone.

"I'd heard Hogwarts' final exams were frightful, but I found they're rather enjoyable" Hermione smiles as they walk out onto the grounds.

"Mini Lily" Sirius chuckles

"Speak for yourself" Ron snorts "All right there Dru" he notices her wincing.

"My scar, it keeps burning" she rubs it.

"It's happened before" Draco says looking confused.

"Not like this" she shakes her head.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse" Blaise tells her carefully.

"I think it's a warning" she sighs "It means danger's coming" she walks forwards but then stops.

"Ah. Oh, Of Course" she looks at them eyes wide.

"What is it?" Hermione asks.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd" she turns and rushes off to Hagrid's, leaving them to run after her.

"That what Hagrid want more than anything is a dragon and a stranger turns up and just happens to have one" she begins to jog.

"I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before" she stops in front of Hagrid.

"Hagrid, who gave you that dragon egg, what did he look like" she asks hurriedly.

"Well, at least your child has brains potter" Lucius comments and insults him.

"Oi" James glares.

"I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up" Hagrid shrugs.

"This stranger though, you and he must have talked" she asks.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. And I told him, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem" he smiles and Blaise seems to get where she was going with this.

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy" he asks.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across three headed dogs do you come across even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said, I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him." Take Fluffy for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight asleep" he blanches.

"I shouldn't have told you that" they all look at each other alarmed then run for it at full speed.

"Where are you going? Where are you" Hagrid shouts after them.

"We have to see professor Dumbledore immediately" Dru pants as they all run into McGonagall's classroom.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore's not here" she takes in their flustered forms.

"He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London" she informs and goes back to grading papers.

"You're what" all three marauders exclaim and sit further on the ends of their seats.

"He's gone! But this is important! This is about the Sorcerer's Stone" Dru gasps.

"How did you know" McGonagall looks up paling.

"Someone's going to try to steal it" Dru tells her frantically.

"I don't know how you three found out about the Stone but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories quietly" she orders stiffly.

They all walk out and stop at loos of what to do.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met. It was Snape, which means that he knows how to get past Fluffy" Dru tells them.

"And with Dumbledore gone" Hermione began.

"Good afternoon" Snape appears and they all jump spinning around, putting innocent expressions on their faces.

"Now, what would five young first years, such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this" he asks raising a brow.

"We were... we were just" Hermione gulps.

"You ought to be careful, people will think you're up to something" he drawls then walks away, robes flaring behind him.

"Now what are we do" Draco asks lookin at each of his friends faces.

"We go down the trap door" Dru's eyes glistened in determination "Tonight"

"Oh, no don't" Lily shouts at the screen.

"Lily love no matter how much i want to scream too, they won't hear" James soothes.

"And if it is you Snivellus I'll kill you now" Sirius glares itching for his wand, but Snape just gives him a dark look and fingers his own wand underneath his sleeve.