Status: complete

Drusilla Lillian Potter

chapter 5

"Right everyone ready" Dru asks, later that night, as her and Hermione walk down the Gryffindor girl's stairs.

"Yes" Blaise nods him and Draco had snuck into Ron's dorm earlier that day.

"Trevor" Ron frowns seeing the toad on the arm of a chair, he croaks "Trevor, Sh, go you shouldn't be here"

"Neither should you" Neville stands up "You're sneaking out again aren't you"

"Now Neville listen, we were... we were" Dru bites her lip and looks to her friends for help.

"No I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again" he says to Ron and Hermione

"I'll, I'll fight you" he gets into a fighting position.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this" Hermione points her wand at him "Petrificus totalus"

Neville drops down on to the floor like a stone.

Alice gasps

"You're a little scary sometimes, you know that. Brilliant, but scary" Ron gulps.

"Let's go" Dru walks past him but looks down wincing "Sorry" Dru mutters.

"Sorry" Hermione whispers as she passes.

"It's for your own good you know" Ron tells him and they turn to Blaise and Draco.

"Malfoy's, don't apologise" Draco glares.

"Just because Dru's a nice Slytherin doesn't mean we all are" Blaise walk right past them.

"That's my boy" Bianca laughs, while Narcissa and Lucius smirk at their son's behaviour.

"Ow! You stood on my foot" Hermione shrieks quietly as they all shuffled along the hall under the invisibility cloak.

"Sorry" Ron whispers.

"Alohomora" Hermione points her wand at the door and it swings open, they walk in and with a snore, Fluffy blows the cloak right off over their heads.

"Wait a minute. He's snoring" Dru looks around and sees a harp playing

"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp" she says alarmed.

"Ugh! It's got horrible breath" Ron gags.

"We have to move its paw" Blaise moves forwards.

"What?" Draco looks freaked out.

"Come on" Dru whispers and they all place their hands on the paw.

"Okay, push" the paw easily slides over and they open the hatch revealing nothing but darkness.

"I'll go first. Don't follow me until I give you a sign" Dru looks down "If something bad happens get yourselves out" Dru frowns then look at her friends

"Does it seem a bit quiet to you?"

"The harp, it stopped playing" Hermione gasps and a large drop of saliva drops on Ron's shoulder.

"Ugh! Yuck! Ugh" they look up and Fluffy is shown to be awake and damn angry.

"Jump" Dru yells and jumps down the hole soon followed by the rest.

"Whoa" Draco breathes "Lucky this plant thing's here really" the plant begins moving and trapping them.

"Whoa" Ron looks around alarmed.

"Stop moving, both of you" Hermione shouts looking at Draco and Ron.

"This is Devil's Snare" Blaise points out.

"You have to relax, if you don't it'll only kill you faster" Dru shouts seeing them struggle more.

"Kill us faster? Oh now I can relax" Ron screams, they sigh and fall down through the plant onto another platform.

"Dru, Blaise, Hermione" they shout.

"Oh now what are we going to do?" Draco yells.

"Just relax" Hermione shouts up to them while Blaise straightens out his robes.

"Hermione where are you?" Ron looks around for her voice.

"Do what I say! Trust me" Dru shouts and Draco calms down, he then falls through landing on top of Blaise.

"Ooh, gerroff" Blaise pushes him of glaring, then stands back up straightening out his robes again.

"Draco, Draco" Ron screams not relaxing.

"Are you okay?" Dru helps Draco up.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" he pats his robes down while Ron carries on screaming for help.

"He's not relaxing is he?" Hermione sighs.

"Apparently not" Draco mutters as Ron carries on screaming.

"We've got to do something" Hermione panics.

"What?" Dru asks.

"I remember reading something in Herbology. "Devil's Snare Devil's Snare its deadly fun; but will sulk in the sun." That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight" Hermione clicks her fingers, Blaise acting fast pulls his wand out and points upwards.

"Lumus Solem" a bright light produces and scorches the plant, it shrieks and flays around dropping Ron on his back.

"Ron, are you okay?" Dru asks.

"Yeah" he stands up and fakes calmness "Lucky we didn't panic" he smiles weakly.

"Lucky Hermione pays attention in Herbology" Draco snorts.

"What is that?" Blaise asks as the beating of wings is heard.

"I don't know Sounds like wings" Dru answers and walks into the room. Keys with wings were flying around up above them.

"Curious, I've never seen birds like these" Hermione frowns.

"They're not birds they're keys" Dru states and her eyes catch a door on the other side.

"And I'll bet one of them fits that door"

"What's this all about?" Draco asks.

"I don't know. Strange" Blaise walks around.

"Alohomora" Ron tries opening the door but it stays locked "Well, it was worth a try" he shrugs.

"What are we going to do? There must be a thousand keys up there" Hermione says still looking upwards.

"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle" Draco tells them studying the door.

"There! I see it! The one with the broken wing" Dru points but then she frowns.

"What's wrong Dru?" Blaise asks.

"It is too simple" she looks around and then sees a broom.

"Man, do you think she'll be able to fly" James asks his two friends.

"James Potter, our daughter is on a death mission and you're wondering if she can fly" Lily shrieks and he slumps looking sorry, while the Slytherin's snicker.

"Oh, go on Dru! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can" Ron encourages, so Dru grabs on to the broom and hops on, but as she does the keys all still then fly towards her.

"This complicates things a bit" Draco gasps watching as she flies up fast dodging the keys as she goes. Dru spins around and sees the old key flying with a broken wing just above her. She casts a look behind her and sees the swarm of keys heading her way. She leans forwards and the broom flies forwards, arm out grabbing the key she flips and sits up right.

"Right" she sighs then ducks missing a few keys.

"Catch the key" she throws it down to them and they shove it into the door unlocking it.

"Hurry up" Ron shouts holding the door open, so Dru charges downwards and flies though the door, leaving them to slam it shut on the incoming keys.

"Oh yes my daughter can fly" he gives Sirius a high five ignoring Lily's furious expression.

They sigh in relief and carry onwards. They walk through an archway and find themselves in a large room with tall statues standing around.

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all" Hermione gulps.

"Where are we? A graveyard" Blaise asks quietly, and the room lights up showing what it was.

"This is no graveyard, it's a chessboard" Ron gawps.

"There's the door" Draco points and walks forwards, only for the pawns to sit up and pull swords out blocking his path so he steps back paling.

"Now what do we do?" Dru asks.

"It's obvious isn't it" Ron answers "We've got to play our way across the room. All right, Dru, you take the empty bishop's square. Hermione you'll be the queen-side castle, Draco, Blaise you watch and see if something messes up" they nod knowing they knew wizards chess better than the girls.

"As for me, I'll be a knight" Ron nods.

"What happens now?" Dru asks once they were in their positions.

"Well, white moves first, and then we play" Ron tells her.

"Ron you don't suppose this'll be like real wizard's chess do you?" Hermione asks.

"You there D-5" Ron commands and it does getting smashed up in the process.

"Yes Hermione I think this is gonna be exactly like wizard's chess. Castle to E-4"

"Pawn to C-3" the games continues

"Wait a minute" Blaise shouts.

"You understand right Dru" Ron looks at Drusilla "Once I make my move the queen will take me. Then you're free to check the king"

"No. Ron no" Dru now gets it.

"What is it" Draco and Hermione ask not having seen what he was about to do.

"He is going to sacrifice himself" Blaise shouts.

"No you can't! There must be another way" Hermione looks up worriedly.

"Do you wanna stop Snape from getting that Stone or not? Dru, it's you that has to go on. I know it! Not me! Not Hermione! Not Blaise or Draco! You" he looks at her sternly then holds on tighter to the stone reins.

"Knight to H-3" the horse grinds forwards.

"Check" Ron gulps and a sword crashes through breaking the horse to pieces while sending Ron flying to the floor.

"Ah" he screams and falls unconscious.

"Oh my god" Lily and Alice breathes and the professors watch on worriedly.

"Ron" Dru shouts and Hermione goes to move forwards.

"No don't move" Draco shouts and sighs in relief when she stops.

"Don't forget you're still playing" Blaise tells them and then nods to Dru; she swallows thickly then walks forwards stopping on a square.

"Checkmate" her voice echoes around the room, and a seconds later the sword falls and clangs onto the floor. They all rush over to Ron and kneel by his side.

"Take care of Ron then go to the owlry" Dru tells them

"Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right, i have to go on" Dru looks up and glares at both boys as they go to say something.

"You'll be okay Dru" Hermione stands up and pulls her in for a hug

"You're a great witch. You really are" she pulls back smiling.

"Not as good as you" Dru chuckles.

"Me books, cleverness. There are more important things friendship and bravery. And Dru, just be careful" Hermione pleads.

"Dru, we'll wait here" Blaise tells her.

"But" Draco and Blaise glare at her daring her to say no "Fine" she sighs and walks across the room and with a quick glance back, through the door.

She walks down some steps and stop, standing in front of the Mirror of Erised was Quirrell.

"Quirrell" nearly everyone says in shock.

"The one you would expect the least" Lucius rises a brow nodding.

"You" she gasps "No it can't be; Snape he was he was the one"

"Yes he does seem the type doesn't he" Quirrell smirks "Next to him who would suspect p-p-poor St-St-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"

"But on Halloween, he was bitten by, it was you who let the troll in" she closes her eyes now understanding.

"Very good Potter yes, Snape unfortunately wasn't fooled, when everyone else was running about the dungeon Snape went to the third floor to head me of. He of course never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand, I'm never alone, never" he faces the mirror again.

"Now does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the Stone. But how do I get it?"

"Use the girl" a voice hisses.

"Come here Potter! Now! Tell me whatdo you see? What is it what do you see?"

Dru stops in front of the mirror and sees her parents again but this time, her reflection winks smiling mischievously, she shows that she had the stone in her hand she looks into her eyes then puts the stone into her jean pocket.

"I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the House Cup" she lies.

"She lies" the voice shouts.

"Tell the truth! What do you see?" Quirrell yells.

"Let me speak to her" the voice commands.

"Master you are not strong enough"

"I have strength enough for this" Quirrell unwraps his turban and turns showing he had another face on the back of his head.

"Ewe"

"Oh my god"

"Drusilla Potter, we meet again" Voldermort says evilly.

"Voldermort?" she grimaces and hides the pain she was feeling from her scar.

"Yes, you see what I have become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another. A mere parasite" he snarls.

"Unicorn blood can sustain me but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that conveniently enough lies in your pocket" Dru begins to run up the stairs.

"Stop her!" fire sprouts out from the ground blocking her way out.

"Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join with me and live?" Voldermort lies.

"Never" Dru shouts.

"Bravery, your parents had it too. Tell me Drusilla would you like to see your mother and father again? Together we can bring them back. All I ask is for something in return" she looks down at the stone in his hands then at the mirror to where her parents were.

"That's it Drusilla. There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it. Together we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the Stone" he roars and her parents disappear.

"You liar" she screams.

"Kill her" Voldermort orders and Quirell lunges forwards but Drusilla grabs his arm making it burn.

"What is this magic" Quirrell demands.

"Fool get the stone" Voldermort hisses loudly, so Quirrell jumps forwards pushing Drusilla down on to the steps choking her with his hands and the stone clatters away.

She lifts her hands gasping and pushes his face backwards he screams loudly jumping away as his face burns. Dru looks down at her hands then jumps up putting her hands on his face again. Dru steps backwards and watches as he burns up into a skeleton then falling disintegrating into dust.

She sighs slightly and picks up the stone but a wisp of wind forms from his ashes and Voldermort's face roars, he flies forwards and through her whole body, she lets out a scream and topples over falling unconscious and the stone rolls away glinting in the fire.

"Oh my god" Lily says and everyone is on the end of their seats watching.

"Your children are very brave" Dumbledore nods

"Especially Drusilla" he smiles at Lily who looked ready to burst in to tears.