Status: in progress

Impossible or Improbable

chapter 1

"Planet Earth" Rose's voice is heard.

"This is where I was born" people walked on among the traffic, going about their day "And this is where I died"

Teenage Rose, bored and glum, is on a bus eating chips as it pulls up at a stop.

"For the first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all"

The bus pulls away.

"Not ever"

Rose sighs and leans her forehead against the window, popping another chip in her mouth.

"And then I met a man called the Doctor" a smile is heard in her voice.

The Ninth Doctor grabs Rose's hand "Run" And they do.

The Doctor - the Tenth Doctor this time, is prancing around the consol, pressing buttons and pulling levers, full of energy and enthusiasm.

"A man who could change his face, and he took me away from home in his magical machine"

The Doctor spins around with a triumphant "ha!" arms wide with glee.

The Doctor and Rose run down an ordinary street, hand in hand, happy.

"He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end"

The Doctor and Rose are now standing a short way away from the TARDIS on a rocky alien planet, looking out at the sunset.

"How long are you gonna stay with me?" Rose looks at him.

"Forever" And they smile.

A desolate beach

"That's what I thought. But then came the army of ghosts, then came Torchwood and the War. And that's when it all ended"

Rose is standing on the beach, looking out to sea. A gentle breeze is blowing her hair.

"This is the story of how I died"