Status: In progress... kind of.

A Sunrise on the East Side

Chapter 12

--

"Shit. I didn't- I... uh... I'm sorry. I probably just creeped you out." Hunter made her way to get up but Jack held her down.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that..." Jack smiled and kissed Hunter. "I love you too."

Hunter giggled a little and grinned up at Jack. What they didn't see was Athena creeping on the other side of the door, listening to them.

She giggled softly to herself and was happy that they finally realized their love.

--

[A/N: Athena's POV again]

"Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to eavesdrop?" Alex whispered in my ear and I gasped.

"Shh!" I said back and pushed him away from the door. "You're supposed to be watching Grayer and Eli!"

"They beat me up and left! I lost them, Athena. I'm so sorry." Alex widened his eyes and I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips.

"Really?"

"No! Haha! You should have seen the look on your face!" Alex laughed and I punched him in the shoulder. "OW!"

I raised an eyebrow.

"Bitc-" Alex started but I hit him again. "Uh... jerk." He smiled weakly and I shook my head.

"C'mon." I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the living room. The boys were watching Spongebob and I noticed it was getting close to dinner time and the time when Mrs. X would be getting home so I decided it was time to go back to the X's apartment. "I think it's time to go, guys."

Alex, Grayer and Eli all groaned.

"Don't leave me, Thea!" Alex pouted and I ground my teeth.

"Athena."

"What?"

"ATHENA."

"Oh... right. Sorry." Alex looked away and I swallowed thickly.

"C'mon, boys, dinner time."

"Can I come?" Alex asked and I looked at him for a second before nodding. He cheered slightly and followed the boys and I out of the apartment, totally giving Jack and Hunter free rein to do WHATEVER they want. Good Lord.

--

I was making some Kraft Mac & Cheese when Mrs. X walked in. I freaked a little because she wasn't huge on Grayer eating this kind of stuff but she didn't say anything at all. She said good evening to me and Alex (who was talking to me while I was making dinner) and kissed Grayer and said hello to Eli and then went into her office. Alex and I glanced at each other because normally she would have more to say. I shrugged. I didn't mind.

I guess, because Mrs. X wasn't sticking around, Alex thought that gave him free rein to start placing little kisses on my neck while I stirred the macaroni. I wanted to push him off and tell him not now but it felt so good so I let it go.

It was crazy how one day I didn't want anything to do with him (probably because I was scared of heartbreak) and the next day he's kissing my neck.

That didn't mean I was totally confident in this relationship. I had my doubts. I could almost feel it. I hated it but I knew. I know that something will happen again to mess up our relationship, I'm just not sure I'm ready to deal with yet another problem. I'm trying to tell myself nothing will happen but I just know something will. And that scares me.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Athena has doubts. Who wouldn't? comment&fave? -jos.