Status: In progress... kind of.

A Sunrise on the East Side

Chapter 13

--

A couple days after my realization, Alex and I decided to take Grayer and Elijah to Chuck E. Cheese's. That was our thing back when we were younger.

I had known the guys since before we were 15, but briefly, like we didn't hang out all the time but our parents would get us together and we'd chill at Chuck E. Cheese's.

"What are we doing today?" Grayer asked when I picked the two boys up from school.

"We're going to Chuck E. Cheese's."

"Mommy doesn't let me go there. It's on the West Side." Grayer said in a snooty tone.

"Well, I asked Mommy and she said it was okay..." I lied.

"Really? Okay! Woo! Chuck E. Cheese's!"

“My mom takes me to Chuck E. Cheese’s all the time,” Eli grabbed my hand while he babbled on about Allison, Zack and him getting pizza and pop, etc. He really was a cute kid, and when I looked at him I could see a lot of features that Zack and I shared. This kid would be a heartbreaker when he was older. Him and Grayer together… they’d be unstoppable, so to speak. God save the teenage girls of America. Eli’s dark blond hair and his deep blues eyes would be irresistible and Grayer’s blond hair and green eyes would have the same effect. Fathers will have to hide their daughters from these two.

It might be weird that I’m thinking of two five-year-olds like this, but you can’t deny the truth. I remember looking at pictures of Alex when he was younger and he had been adorable and I had known right then and there that he would always be a sexy man. And he was now; there was no denying that.

“Athena? Athena?” Grayer’s voice broke my thoughts and I looked down at him.

“Yes?”

“You almost walked into incoming traffic.” Grayer raised one eyebrow and I blushed. He was such a smart kid and it creeped me out sometimes. “Were you thinking about Alex?”

I laughed nervously and tried to shake my head but Eli and Grayer looked at each other and snickered.

“Is Uncle Alex coming with us?” Elijah asked suddenly and I nodded my head. It was actually Alex’s idea in the first place. He had come over after I had dropped off Grayer and Mrs. X had left. I had led him into my bedroom and we had laid on my bed, just talking about random things when Alex all of a sudden mentioned a trip to Chuck E. Cheese’s a long time ago. We were discussing how much fun it was when he suddenly said we should take the boys with us. I had mentioned inviting Jack and Hunter but Alex didn’t feel like it, he wanted time with me. Not that I minded that.

When we got up to the X’s apartment the boys dropped their backpacks in Grayer’s room and I grabbed them something to drink so I could get ready quickly to go. I called Alex when I got in my room and told him I was getting ready, that he could ride down and we’d be ready to go in a couple minutes. Before he hung up, he said I love you and I almost melted right there.

Being back with Alex reminded me of the immense love I felt for him and how much I had missed him. I was so incredibly happy we were together, but I still had that weird feeling that something would happen to fuck it up.

I heard the door open and two cheerful voices welcomed Alex. I heard his footsteps coming towards my room and I quickly pulled on my shirt. I still wasn’t totally comfortable being half-naked around him and I don’t think he realized that. Plenty of times he’s walked in on me while I was changing.

I turned just as he opened the door and his face instantly lit up into a crooked smile and I couldn’t help but smile myself. In a way, he was still the adorable 15-year-old I fell in love with six years ago.

His left arm wrapped around my waist and he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled and closed my eyes.

“EWW!” Grayer and Eli said at the same time and I pulled away from Alex, blushing slightly.

“Okay, boys, let’s go.” I said and Grayer and Eli turned and ran towards the door. Alex pulled me back quickly and kissed me deeply again. I giggled and broke free of his grasp to join the boys at the door.

I knew we would have fun here. I was just worried that Alex wouldn’t be able to keep his hands to himself.

--

We got to Chuck E. Cheese’s shortly after and Grayer stood there in awe.

“C’mon, Grayer! Let’s go play!” Eli grabbed his best friend’s arm and dragged the high society kid off with him. Alex and I found a table and sat down. I’d give them some time to play before we ate.

“When is your next day off?” Alex asked.

“This Saturday.”

“We’re going out then.” Alex said matter-of-factly.

“Oh, really?” I grinned and he winked. I rolled my eyes but I nodded. It was about time he took me out.

“Yes, really.”

“Okay, sounds good,” I smiled.

We talked for a while longer until Grayer and Eli showed up. We had ordered pizza and drinks a little earlier so I knew it would coming soon.

Right as the waiter set it down, a woman walked by and then stopped.

“Oh, your twins are so adorable! They look just like you,” she smiled and then walked away.

Alex and I looked at each other and I thought about it. Would we ever stay together long enough to have children of our own?

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey hey. There it is. Lullabies shall be up later tonight or tomorrow afternoon :) Comment & fave? -jos.