Status: In progress... kind of.

A Sunrise on the East Side

Chapter 15

--

"What are we doing today, Nanny?" Grayer asked excitedly. It was Saturday and I had nothing planned because Alex and I had been together last night. I felt bad because Grayer looked forward to our weekends together. So I decided to do something I normally didn't do. I asked him what he wanted to do.

"What do you want to do, Gray?" I asked him as I made his lunch. I turned to look at him and I noticed he was thinking hard.

"I want to go to Elijah's house!"

"Okay!"

After I finished making lunch and made sure Grayer was leaning over his plate, I picked up the phone and called Allison.

"HELLO?" She shouted into the phone.

"Alli?"

"ATHENA?"

"Yes..."

"I CAN BARELY HEAR YOU! WAIT I'M GOING OUTSIDE!"

I heard the front door shut and everything was quiet.

"What was going on in there?"

"The boys are practicing."

"Oh."

"They're playing Circles."

"Oh."

"So what's up?" Allison asked kind of awkwardly and I remembered why I had called.

"Well, Grayer and I have nothing to do today and he wants to come over and hang out with Eli. Is that okay?"

"Yeah! That's fine. I'm just cooking stuff anyway."

"Why?"

"We're having an early birthday dinner for Alex and Rian, since they're birthdays are next week. I'm surprised Alex didn't mention it this morning."

I coughed uncomfortably. "We were kind of in a rush this morning."

Allison laughed knowingly and I felt myself blush.

"Well, either way, it's only for adults if you know what I mean, so we'll have to find somewhere for the boys to be. I was thinking of asking my neighbor because she has a son the same age but I have almost no time." Allison answered.

"Oh, well, once I get over there, I can ask for you..."

"Really? That would be great!"

"Okay, see you soon!"

I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen to find Grayer looking at me.

"Sooo?" He asked and I nodded.

"But tonight you're going to have to go over to the neighbor's house with Eli because Alex and Rian are having a birthday party."

Grayer shrugged, "Okay."

--

We got to Allison and Zack's house about 30 minutes later and it was still really loud in the house. Not that I really minded, I got used to it six years ago when they first started out. Grayer had his hands over his ears though.

"You can run upstairs, Grayer, you'll know Eli's room when you see it. The door will be closed but it says his name all over it." Allison smiled at Grayer who ran upstairs and not five seconds later did I hear the door slam shut.

"So, do you need any help?" I asked as I sat down in one of the chairs at the kitchen table.

"Nope."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Athena."

"Okay."

The music stopped then and I heard the guys walking up the stairs, all shouting at each other. When the basement door opened, the boys came out, all sweaty and smelly. Great.

"Hey, babe," Alex made to move towards me but I moved away. "What the fuck?"

"You smell horrible and you're covered in sweat, get away from me."

"You'll have to get used to it if you're going to be with me. You're going to have to get used to it because I'll need you to clean me off after my shows."

Jack laughed and I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, really, Alex?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Well, only if I agree, and I don't."

"Oh, really, Athena?"

"Yes."

"Okay." He made a grab for me but I ran out of the house into the backyard. Alex was surprisingly fast and he tackled me to the ground, not bad enough to crush me. I instantly felt his sweat and I was grossed out.

"You're so nasty."

"But you love me anyway, don't you?" Alex smiled crookedly.

"Ugh. Yes."

"Good," he said, still smiling and then he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. It felt like heaven. His hands started traveling along my body and I didn't stop him until...

"GET SOME!" Jack shouted and I moved my head away from Alex's.

"Don't worry about him." Alex murmured in my ear and his hand found the button of my jeans.

"Alex, Eli's room is right up there and him and Grayer are in there, plus everyone is watching us."

"Later?" He asked, looking into my eyes, pleadingly.

I looked back at him, biting my lip. "Okay," I whispered.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss me one more time. I couldn't believe I just agreed to that. After trying so hard to keep him from getting farther than making out, I had just agreed to the biggest thing. Don't get me wrong, I had the biggest desire to do it, but I hoped to God it wouldn't come back and bite me in the asss.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is. Like it? I actually enjoy this chapter :) Comment & fave? -jos.