Status: In progress... kind of.

A Sunrise on the East Side

Chapter 3

Chapter three, already? It's a record. It's complete and utter mayhem! Ahaha. Okay. Here we go, galaxy, here we go...

--

I sat back down and put my head in my hands. The room held an eerie silence. I shook my head and looked at Allison. "I'm sorry for swearing in front of Elijah." I said, quietly.

I could feel everyone's gaze on me as I stood up and walked out of the kitchen. I walked outside and stood by Zack's car, just staring.

I heard someone behind me and I turned to see Allison. "Hey, hun."

I nodded, willing myself not to cry.

"I know you miss him. I miss him too. And I'm sorry for what Alex said. He feels horrible. He didn't know it was still affecting you that much." Allison wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me down to sit in the grass.

"That doesn't change anything."

"He wants to fix it, ya know." She said and I opened my mouth. "No. I know he didn't come to apologize but you should realize it was fucking hard to find you. I mean, I guess Zack finally did, 'cause you're here, but for those six years, you kept yourself hidden."

She was right. I had kept myself hidden.

"He shouldn't have even blamed you in the first place, but people make mistakes and he wants to fix that now." She finished.

"That doesn't make it all better, Alli! Dan's still gone and Alex's words still burn." I said softly, wiping at my eyes.

"But remember the good times? He loved you so much back then, and he still does, Athena." Allison smiled and I thought to back.

--

*Flashback*

"Alex! Stop!" I laughed as Alex tackled me to the ground, landing on top of me.

"No." He grinned and leaned down to kiss me. My arms wrapped around his neck and he smiled again.

"Alexander William! Get your hands off of my best friend!" I heard Dan's booming voice and I tried to push Alex off but he wouldn't budge.

"No, Dan. She's my girlfriend." Alex narrowed his eyes at Dan and then leaned down to kiss me again. But then all of a sudden, he was pulled off of me. I sat up to see the two brothers wrestling. I laughed and noticed Kacey, Dan's girlfriend, off to the side, just standing there.

She looked over at me and I waved her over. She was just a year older than Alex and I, leaving her two years younger than Dan, but they loved each other. I swear, they're going to get married one day.

She was beautiful. Her brown hair was cut just to her shoulders and it was curled super pretty. Her hazel eyes were the perfect color. The fact that she was tall was good too, Dan was really tall.

She walked over to where I was sitting and I smiled at her. We didn't talk, we just watched the boys. Surprisingly, Alex managed to pin Dan to the ground. And he got up fast enough to make it to me.

"C'mon, Thea, let's go." Alex stuck his tongue out at Dan and waved at Kacey. I smiled and nudged him. He leaned down to kiss me and I wrapped my arm around his waist as he wrapped his around my shoulder. God, I loved this kid.

*End*

--

"It's not that easy, Alli." I said, solemnly. I still loved Alex. I truly did. But it hurt and I couldn't just forgive him that easily.

"C'mon, let's go inside. You're going to stay here tonight, okay?" Allison smiled at me and I nodded. We got my things out of the Escalade and carried them upstairs to their guest bedroom. "Will you come down for dessert? Please?"

"Alli..." I said and she looked at me. "Okay."

We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I sat in the same chair I had been in and it got quiet.

"Athena, look, I'm sorry-" Alex started but I held up my hand.

"It's not a big deal." I said, my voice monotone.

"No, Athena, seriously, I didn't know it was still that hard for you..." Alex trailed off.

"Alex. Just stop. You're making it worse, I don't need to hear it." I closed my eyes.

"Thea,-"

"Don't. Call. Me. Thea." I said, my teeth clamped together as I glared at Alex.

"S-sorry..."

I swallowed and nodded. Then the door of the house opened and I heard footsteps.

"Heeeeey, guys! How is everyone?! Hey, Athena, what's up! Wait, Athena?!"

"Hunter!?"

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe. I like how that ends. Sorry it's not super long :/ But please comment! I want to know what you think. And I love the "Don't. Call. Me. Thea." reminds me of Tonks in the fifth Harry Potter movie, "Don't call my Nymphadora!" but Athena's hair doesn't turn bright red... obviously. -jos.