Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

Make The Best of Things

The bus stopped right in front of the lovely place I call home. The guys decided to spend a night at our residence so we could check out Big Surf waterpark the next day. It was awkward at first when Pat and Tim came in to tell me Garrett, Kennedy, John, and Jared wanted to stay over, but I shrugged it off and agreed. Just because things weren’t going the way I wanted didn’t mean I shouldn’t spoil the rest of the summer for the rest of the guys. Garrett was acting like a total douche lord, but I learned to easily forget about it… and him.

I jumped off the bus as soon as the engine shut off. With my bags in hand, I ran running to the front door where my parents were standing, waiting, and smiling at us. I dropped my bags halfway and ran into their arms. Their hugs were something I definitely missed while being away. The hugs they gave comforted me in the worst of times and of course, they made everything better.

“Norah, how are you sweetie?” My parents said in unison as their arms hung over my shoulders. I smiled and said, “Fun. Super fun; I had such a great time.”

Half lie, half truth.

I walked back to the lawn where I dropped my bags, but Garrett beat me to it. I watched as he bent down and grabbed them by the handle, making sure to not get it the wrong way because he knew I had my valuables in there. I walked over to him and reached for the handles, but he pulled away.

“Can we please talk?” He asked, holding them behind his back.

“What are you talking about? I thought we did that talking last night?” I said, attempting to reach for them, but he still pulled them away. “You never let me finish.”

I grunted and starting walking towards his side, extending my arm. “I think you made yourself perfect clear, Garrett. So do we really need to talk? Because I don’t think we have too.”

Even though he had his wayfarers on, I knew his eyes were glued to me. He was never the one to really look away when somebody was talking to his face. I tip-toed and raised my finger at him, lightly pressing it against his chest. “If you really feel awkward about this whole thing, then fine… just please don’t make it anymore awkward by asking to talk to me about this because you’d know what’s going to happen, Garrett. I’m sorry for having to tell you the truth about the way I feel, but it’s completely real.” I stepped back and looked at him. Garrett was now holding my bags in front of me and I reached for them. As I grabbed onto the handles, his hand brushed over mine and I said to him, “I love you Garrett and even though you don’t feel the same way, that’s perfectly fine. If all you want to be is my best friend, I understand. Just don’t make it awkward because if you do, I’ll kick your ass.” And after I said that, I cracked a small smile and he did the same.

“Can I say something now?” He asked. I nodded and Garrett took one step closer to me and reached for my hand in the gentlest way. His fingers laced with mine and our heads turned to look at each other at the same exact time. Finally, he opened his mouth to say, “You know, you never let me finish that night on the bus…”

“I’m sorry.” I said, catching my breath.

Garrett grinned as he looked over my shoulder. I turned around and saw the guys all standing in one line, staring and having those stupid smiles on their faces. There was John and Kenny with their thumbs up and Jared just standing there, almost like he was mentally giving Garrett advice. Pat and Tim were off to the side, probably tweeting or something.

“Can you guys… like leave?” I asked and then shooed them away with my free hand since my other hand was being occupied at the moment. The guys laughed and they all went back inside the house. A few seconds later, their faces showed up in the kitchen window with their cheeks pressed up against the glass.

“God damn,” Garrett laughed, looking at the ground and reaching for one of my bags.

“I just wanted to tell you that I broke up with Rachael. On the night when I left you on the bathroom floor… Kenny and I had a little talk and he made me realize something…”

I looked over to the side and then back at my best friend. “What?”

Garrett exhaled loudly, but cutely and said, “You’re never there to disappoint and you’re always right there… being supportive and shit.”

“Nice…” I laughed.

“I’m sorry for everything.” He said, pulling me closer and then finally into his arms. We both dropped my bags and embraced each other. His arms went around my waist… just how I like it and my arms went around his neck… just the way he liked it. I had my best friend back and it never felt better.

“Best friends?” I asked, pulling away.

He nodded. “Duh.”

I lifted my pinky to him and said, “Thick and thin?”

Garrett locked his pinky with mine, then saying, “Always.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Norah's outfit: click here ~ So thoughts? Let me know what you think is going to happen next! More comments, more chapters! <3